"WOMAN!!! COME!!!"La+ Darknesss

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Our Bright Parade info
Day 1: March 18th Open time 1700 JST/ 5pm JST/ 3am EST - the event starts one hour later then when it opens
Day 2: March 19th Open time 1700 JST/ 5pm JST/ 3am EST - the event starts one hour later then when it opens
Holo*27: March 19th Open time 1200 JST/ 10pm on March 18th - the event starts one hour later then when it opens
Time converter for you

Tickets
Spawn: https://virtual.spwn.jp/events/23031802-enghololive4thfes
E+: https://ib.eplus.jp/hololive4thfes/
The Spawn site isn't mentioned on the official site but that's where I watched last years
Finally buying these, what is the difference between these two sites, though? Unless there's some hidden fees processed during checkout, it looks like the e+ is ~2k yen more expensive than SPWN, but why? And why is that the one the official site links to? I played the test preview videos in both places and both seemed to work fine, but there's no way to make a direct comparison on stream quality or anything.

What is it with Japan and making it hard to buy things? I remember similar problems when buying FF14; having to figure out which bundle to get, where to buy it, etc. is such a pain in the butt.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
>Shiina finds steamer bowls in unpacking
"Wait, are we dating an Asian girl?"
>finds rice cooker
"Yep we got us an Asian girl!"

Meemaws lucky she's so obviously Chinese :whatastory:

(Yes I realize I didn't know she was Chinese till like a week ago)

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Murray here, talking all big now that he is a vtuber too. Tell us about your grandma kinks or something and stop raining on the rain parade.

Not a vtuber yet. I've thought up a little bit of lore and have a new PNG from a commissioned artist (no more AI art blob) and I recently figured out how to make it dim when I'm quiet and light up when I start talking, so I guess you could say I've achieved "low-effort PNGtuber" level. Here's my schedule for next week, btw. Gonna try my first handcam stream on Friday.

But even before I started making a play at this, it seemed pretty obvious to me that the girls would play up their personalities to match what they think the audience wants, and the yuribaiting is certainly a part of that - there just aren't that many genuine lesbians out there. Always take what a streamer says with a grain of salt. Most of them utterly fail to stop themselves from letting their true selves come through most of the time, but at the end of the day they are in control of what goes out on the internet and have a good deal of incentive for a lot of that to be lies and misdirection. This goes for fleshtubers too, of course, but with literal cartoon characters you'd think it'd be a bit more obvious.

All that said, that this stream got taken down makes me think that, as with that last segment of the donothon, something happened here that she doesn't want to be seen again, and I guess we can only speculate what it was. So maybe she really is gay. Who knows. If she's not out with it maybe talking about it on a stream with several hundred viewers was a lapse in judgment. I don't want to date her anyway so who cares. (I bet she'd be a riot to hang out with though.)

Vesper sometimes remembers that he's not on Earth and says he'd like to visit some day, and then he talks about going to Japan again.

I feel like Mousey still probably dislikes Pippa from her prior connection to Flamenco. And she REALLY hated Flamenco. Real question though, is Phase Connect really becoming so big that they could collab with some of the biggest vtubers?

Flamenco was the guy using that mochi dog in the bowl model, right? I'm pretty sure I listened to his stream covering the Vshojo doxing drama when that went down and a couple others around that time. I think Pippa once congratulated him for not being a pedophile on stream after some accusations about him were disproven, but does she really have more of a connection with him than that? Is he even still around anymore?

A lot of PC fans don't want the talent near that company though. It's not just solely a Henri thing by the way. Nobody wants to see Pippa turn into the next pink cat.

What you might find are a lot of PC viewers tend to be people who got sick of the likes of vshitshow ruining vtuber culture and all the other reasons they are disliked.

I'm all for getting more exposure to the PC talent but not through vshojo stuff. And I think even they realise it'd be a death wish.

I'm not so insecure to think that Pippa streaming with a Vshojo person is going to infect her with Vshojo cooties and turn her into a coombait streamer or anything like that, but I understand I might be in the minority there. Really, my issues with Vshojo are more about the "company" itself than the streamers who on the whole seem like decent people (Kson doing what she did still ticks me off to think about and I don't understand why Zentrayea or however it's spelled doesn't just play a male character now that the big two have shown how successful they can be - maybe he's trapped into being Zen. I was never enough of a 4chan weeb to care about pink cat's "betrayal.")

Yeah, Mori and Pippa is the match-up I'd really love to see, though. But it will never happen.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Finally buying these, what is the difference between these two sites, though? Unless there's some hidden fees processed during checkout, it looks like the e+ is ~2k yen more expensive than SPWN, but why? And why is that the one the official site links to? I played the test preview videos in both places and both seemed to work fine, but there's no way to make a direct comparison on stream quality or anything.

What is it with Japan and making it hard to buy things? I remember similar problems when buying FF14; having to figure out which bundle to get, where to buy it, etc. is such a pain in the butt.
I don't think anyone knows why the other site is more expensive, but since SPWN is cheaper, plus the fact many have prior good experience with it, so many people just default to SPWN.

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

Is Scarle going to be the first corpo vtuber to die on stream?
:pikayabai:

UPDATE ON THIS:
She now has a another stream titled “I Better Wake Up” scheduled for 2 hours from now

I’ve been a bit busy today so didn’t actually get the chance to watch the redbull stream but I’d keep your eyes peeled on this stream. Is she dead? Probably not. Will her heart be fucked later down the line in life? Maybe.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
>Zeta playing Mumei memory juggle game
>Sana level comes up
*Pain ensues for chat*

"Stop ear raping me" - Vestia Zeta, 2023
I hope she doesn't get bonked for that tbh

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Catching up on some previous Pippa livestreams and this quick comment about how to commit suicide hits totally different after watching her livestream yesterday:

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
i found this in the wild, personal lil lolcow of mine (twitter christ-cuck who may or may not be vietnamese, thinks Attack on Titan is the pinnacle of Christ-Fascist media, has a cabal of discord orbiters who may or may not be underage)

i was wondering if anyone happens to have a screenshot of the time he asked (and deleted) about if Gura bragged about fucking black guys

Well, he doesn't seem all THAT bad...
paxtube (2).jpg
Timestamp? I tuned out when she started earnestly doing the ASMR.

Remember that "Lia" more than a lot of other vtubers is a character which should be seen as separate from Lia the actual person, and that a whole lot of these streamers are acting like they're bi up until they click that "Stop Streaming" button in OBS. Consider that before you start crying in the rain. I doubt seeing where in the stream she mentions this, with full context, is going to convince me very much.
She has 2 personalities, her IRL one and her vtuber one, and both are just different brands of menhera.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
I felt like there was some influence from the nijisanji "anonymous" thing too. Specifically the "calling out people and /vt/" aspect, but she's putting her own spin on it (while most likely seeking to avoid the issues with the way nijisanji did it).
The idea for the nezumori stream predates that stream she teased it during her new years stream
3:53:23 if timestamp doesn't work it was a reward 1 mil on Nezumi scheme

Also Sona is gonna be streaming the Twitter rage sim

Last edited:

SandyCat

Frog enjoyer
That pippa stream got dark quick. I feel bad for the schizo rabbit, shes suffering from success.

I know I'm late like usual but I'm very busy watching trashbin tier vtubers no ones heard of. It's a important job, someone's gotta do it.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Playing the new Delivering Hope update, and there is an easter egg of the 'low energy' version of Gravity playing in the music rotation. That cracked me up when I was alt-tabbed and suddenly was like, "Wait, what?"
And speaking of: IRyS will be doing another Delivering Hope stream, and CHaDcast off-collab in a few hours

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter
But even before I started making a play at this, it seemed pretty obvious to me that the girls would play up their personalities to match what they think the audience wants, and the yuribaiting is certainly a part of that - there just aren't that many genuine lesbians out there. Always take what a streamer says with a grain of salt. Most of them utterly fail to stop themselves from letting their true selves come through most of the time, but at the end of the day they are in control of what goes out on the internet and have a good deal of incentive for a lot of that to be lies and misdirection. This goes for fleshtubers too, of course, but with literal cartoon characters you'd think it'd be a bit more obvious.

Ah, this takes me back to the days of discussing what Noel and Flare may or may not be getting up to off stream.

Then There's Tenma. Got to say I'm more inclined to believe what she says: (45:36)

Specifically on yuribaiting: 46:47

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
It should be interesting to watch Airi figure out when to attack Dr. Doppler

Took her three minutes to notice. Yesterday I had to suffer through 35 minutes of Koyori struggling to use Yoshi's belly flop attack against the World 5 boss (took her 8 minutes to successfully land her first attack). World 6 will be a long slog this way (wonder how long until she knows how to defeat the 6-4 boss, shotasukaru took almost half an hour to figure out).

HACHI released the MV of her song Honey Bees debuted during her 2nd one-man live.

Hiyocro's Touri Sei will release a cover song at 8PM JST. Interesting the thumbnail illustrator is fellow Hiyocro member Kohaku Yuri

Bonus clip, Suipiss

JMForte

I know it's been speculated about Mouse disliking Pippa for got knows why (I don't think any reason has even been put forth),
I think it comes from /vt/ and some anon saying mousey said on I think discord or somewhere, that mousey didn't like or wouldn't collab with Pippa. I know at the time I brushed it off as just someone making something up but then Pippa made a tweet shortly after I saw it saying she found out someone she looked up to disliked her. Not sure if it was about someone else or anything because it really was crazy timing.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Some rando is going to talk about Pippa's rise in popularity. No clue if it will be good or not.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Sorry for the double post but I have to quote Sena.
"Like I like doing water sports" -Sena Bonbon

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
I think it comes from /vt/ and some anon saying mousey said on I think discord or somewhere, that mousey didn't like or wouldn't collab with Pippa. I know at the time I brushed it off as just someone making something up but then Pippa made a tweet shortly after I saw it saying she found out someone she looked up to disliked her. Not sure if it was about someone else or anything because it really was crazy timing.

I feel like it's more likely this was in reference to Asmongold, but who knows...

Isn't this around the time he made an off mention about VTubers or something to that effect? or am I remembering wrong?

Kalion

:)
Purin is ranting about how silly vtuber drama is.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

JMForte

I feel like it's more likely this was in reference to Asmongold, but who knows...
I just assume it was mousey because apparently according to how the rrats are I guess, she saw the walmart clip. Just strange that after a bunch of anons start going on about mousey hating Pippa, Pippa tweets that out. It could be any amount of people she looks up to. A number of them do seem the type to dislike the kind of content she does. Just as a number of them enjoy or are okay with the kind of content she does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom