"I found Jesus too; I found Jesus at the church, and I'm still sad"Fujikura Uruka

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kukkia

Early Adopter
Besides the EN concert falling through, it seems like no overseas liver is happy in Niji. There's been some talk about how bad ID has been doing recently. I mean, they were never doing the best, but it's been a harsh few months. Anyways, there's been some rumblings about how ID might just be abandoned because they aren't doing well, and if that happens, then we'd better expect some graduations.
Anycolor management be competent at handling foreign livers for any significant stretch of time (literally impossible).

I won't lie, I'm disappointed because I felt like they had turned a leaf with EN. It's wild to me that they finally managed to have a genuinely succesful foreign branch and yet Japanese management seems to be returning to their old ways of half-assing things abroad.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Clearly Niji's Chinese overlords were displeased with the various Niji/Cover collabs and call-ins, and used this opportunity to punish Lazulight for its insult to the CCP's glory. All of Lazulight and Luxiem have been informed that their yellow money fountains are displeased with their behaviour and they better behave from here on out.

A decision has already been made. Vox' next stream will involve calling out the 'Yellow bastards McArthur should've nuked into the stoneage' and that the opium wars were Britain's finest moment, while Pomu and Nina will reenact the Boxer rebellion in a Paradox game of their choice and depopulate the mainland.

Good Ol' Chum

Sanest Chumbud
I haven't quite had the time or opportunity to check out the jewcorp girls, but watching this clip was quite...something.

Are these girls always this unhinged? I might have to actually go check them out now.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Did she just dox her IRL age?

Uruka is 28 or 27 years old as of 2023.png

RiverBear

Anycolor management be competent at handling foreign livers for any significant stretch of time (literally impossible).

I won't lie, I'm disappointed because I felt like they had turned a leaf with EN. It's wild to me that they finally managed to have a genuinely succesful foreign branch and yet Japanese management seems to be returning to their old ways of half-assing things abroad.

Clearly Niji's Chinese overlords were displeased with the various Niji/Cover collabs and call-ins, and used this opportunity to punish Lazulight for its insult to the CCP's glory. All of Lazulight and Luxiem have been informed that their yellow money fountains are displeased with their behaviour and they better behave from here on out.

A decision has already been made. Vox' next stream will involve calling out the 'Yellow bastards McArthur should've nuked into the stoneage' and that the opium wars were Britain's finest moment, while Pomu and Nina will reenact the Boxer rebellion in a Paradox game of their choice and depopulate the mainland.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ej9Rn3_Xjs
Around 4:13:25
seems like they've known for a while now that the concert was going to be cancelled; they just didnt know the official reason

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
New trip with Azumalim, premiere right now ^_^ (English subtitles will be available a little later)

While I haven't really watched her back then it's great to see that she found her niche with her recent content. I thought at some point she'd be quitting the scene considering how much shit management she dealt with.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Did she just dox her IRL age?

Nope. Nothing tells you when she watched it - she could've been 13 on the day of release (2008), or the next year, or like 5 years ago. People watch old stuff all the time, and The Dark Knight is not that old or niche of a movie.

In Apex news, Towa joins Ollie's tourney

This is a big deal, Towa is really good at the game - her team won the last CR Cup just recently.

Last edited:

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
This isn't even the first time Niji announces something big and then backtrack on it, isn't it? I remember for the big Niji concert (what was it's name again?) they made it a huge deal that a large amount of foreign Niji livers will be in Japan to be part of the concert, where Lazulight and Hana will be showing off their 3D for the first time. Well, it ended up with only Elira and Hana (and I think Selen too?) being there.

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter
Friendly reminder that all pink women are bad, if your Oshi has even thought about wearing pink at any stage in her life then she is awful and you need to get a new one.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
For everyone talking about oversaturation of the vtuber market, I have a diagram of the industry life cycle that might be of interest.

industry-life-cycle-model1.png

Interested to hear what other people think though.

I think it's a mistake to call vtubing its own market. It might have been back when it was mostly JP-only, the tech was new, and the barrier to entry high. But now it's just streaming. How many talents out there do you know who live and die by their model? How many vtuber streamers do you know who absolutely would not have been successful without a virtual avatar? Many would probably be less successful, but not unsuccessful. The avatar is often just a way to break up the dead air and keep people focused, not a be-all and end-all of the product.

I don't think we'll ever hit the 'oversaturation' or 'decline' phase of things, because an avatar is just so generally useful in so many ways. It's branding, it's opsec of a sort, it can be changed and modified far more easily than your real-life face or assets, etc. There's already projects that even take the streamer out of the equation entirely and just use the avatar with an A.I controller. I'm near-certain that once the tech gets good enough, even little things like mascot avatars on store pages will start being animated. It's just a very simple way to reliably harvest attention. Your brain sees funny colored moving thing, it focuses.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
This isn't even the first time Niji announces something big and then backtrack on it, isn't it? I remember for the big Niji concert (what was it's name again?) they made it a huge deal that a large amount of foreign Niji livers will be in Japan to be part of the concert, where Lazulight and Hana will be showing off their 3D for the first time. Well, it ended up with only Elira and Hana (and I think Selen too?) being there.
Selen did appear in Japan during that Nijifes/concert thing where she put her own message/signing a part of the event venue pillar and part of some nijifest event (in particular, a intermission with NijiID Taka Radjiman who couldn't attend but is able to join via voice chat)

Also yes, they planned to have large amount of foreign Niji to come there with intentions of debuting Lazulight 3D and Hana's, but generally what they need to do was to do nijifest only contents right there and then (on the concert/event venue area) and not like, relying on internet connections that could be spotty (and also timezone differences and other things). So in the end the 3D is only for Elira and Hana Macchia, and only EN and i think one or two KR that manages to be on JP, with Hana as the sole ex-ID that was there. The concert still happened and it was a success, despite those setbacks. All they did is reschedule everything to fit what they have.

The problem with this AR stage one is that this isn't like, a real life event where they have to set up its own stage and other stuff. All they need and plan is to set up the system, get the EN and other talents to pre-record or choreograph what is needed for that concert and yet somehow, somehow they managed to fuck it up and blame it on the chink virus.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Meloco singing to 200k

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter

wait what, feesh got new outfit the fuck

Jealous

Lurker

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Screenshot_20230202-083654-832.png

Ame confirms Fallout: New Vegas perms have been acquired. It probably won't start a company-wide arc... but I wouldn't be surprised if her playing it gets a few other Holos to play it too...

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Figured I might as well try and see if any get nominated
Screenshot_20230202-052101-658~2.png
Screenshot_20230202-053704-455.png
Screenshot_20230202-053624-677.png
Screenshot_20230202-053350-396.png
Screenshot_20230202-052937-444.png
Screenshot_20230202-052902-363.png
Screenshot_20230202-052509-857.png
Screenshot_20230202-052302-372.png
Screenshot_20230202-052202-842.png
Screenshot_20230202-052114-093.png
Screenshot_20230202-052050-280.png
Screenshot_20230202-051727-559.png

Last edited:

USS IOWA

View attachment 12370
Ame confirms Fallout: New Vegas perms have been acquired. It probably won't start a company-wide arc... but I wouldn't be surprised if her playing it gets a few other Holos to play it too...
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! YES! I GOT SPURS LIKE JINGLE JANGLE JINGLE!

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
This looks interesting. Maybe now Corpse chan can speak

Archive

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
New video from Komainu about pon Mikochi ^_^

And let me introduce to you Negi. 2view japanese english speaking (with funny accent) vtuber who streaming right now.

Sadly she rarely streamed last year. Her streams is funny just chatting, creating her own models and some vr stuff. She is comfy and kind.
She is created her own streaming room in her house. Very talented girl.
FTcuq-eacAQCBgk.jpgFTCfBD_agAIuwT7.jpg

JellyKusa

Early Adopter

Neuro-sama is collabing soon

In more positive Niji news:
Screenshot_20230201-112734.jpg

Clip tax:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom