"Chat, am I just, am I just a zoo animal to you? Am I a lolcow in a cage?"Juniper Actias

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverBear

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

soap suds

I just don't understand why they couldn't have just waited longer to announce it, then. If it were announced like a month ago, it would have been one thing, but it was literally just last week.
During Fantasia, I think most, if not all, of the livers who participated on Day 2, some staff, and even ROF-MAO caught COVID, so it wouldn't surprise me if they got spooked because someone got sick and just decided to pull the plug right then and there.

Looking at the recent tweets by EN, none of them are very happy this happened. Seems like all of them were ready for this concert to happen, so that makes me believe this was all on management being antsy and not that the livers couldn't make it.

edit- Everyone's favorite fairy reassures people that the concert is not canceled and will be rescheduled. Don't know how true this is, but I trust Pomu with my life so...
Untitled.png

Last edited:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
I hate to say this the way it will probably sound but part of me is glad fishman didn't get Yuko, at least for the time being. I'm not convinced he would be able to weaponize her full potential. Maybe that'll change since it's always possible idol could rugpull like any other group of desert people with shekels, but for now idol is making the big moves in the small corpo world.

I have to imagine what Phase Yuko would look like. I didn't watch her as Rye so I don't know how much of her current presentation was part of her personality before vs how much has been fit to the character.
I would agree with you here. While it has improved, Fishman seems like the embodiment of "Yagoo's Dream" in the west. That said Yuko could probably go the idol route but she would probably be somewhat nerfed or ready to blow from trying to be seiso. She's too chaotic.

Some future news from V&U No clues wtf it will be.:zaionwhatsgoingon:

View attachment 12281
Back when they debuted Liora mentioned that they would focus on music. A few months and 2 graduations later (rip twins) they haven't really released much when it comes to music.

In 3 Days we will see Rin's take on the format.

Like already mentioned by others, I also see this happen a few more times until audience willingness to donate will burn out.
Is there whale overlap between the talents?

For everyone talking about oversaturation of the vtuber market, I have a diagram of the industry life cycle that might be of interest.

industry-life-cycle-model1.png

Obviously only a generalization of how markets works.

So what part of the diagram do you all think we're on? I'd say we're somewhere in the shake-out part of the cycle - there's intense competition (are you a vtuber fan? name all the corpos) and declining profitability with several corpos recently failing, but we haven't had much in the way of industry consolidation or slowing of growth, and the major three are still growing, at least somewhat.

Interested to hear what other people think though.
Shakeout. There is still some growth. I feel like Niji and Holo are approaching the Mature state though. Maybe Suisei on First Take is Yagoo's way to prolong that Shakeout phase.

It's not a videogame stream tonight, praise Allah.

Yeah. While there are some games I love to watch the yabbit rage at, overall I feel like it's one of her weakest types of streams.

Everyone talking about Oceane being a doxxwhore, but all I care about is getting something on Nene Amano.
Im guessing all of the information was probably posted in some backwoods indonesian server or some shit.

I found clips and archives of Rye stuff on bilibili of all places, with Chinese subtitles.
Lots of stuff there including her full face and various IRL dress ups. Some of that would probably give you a good idea.
Shes pretty cute.

View attachment 12293
I think I have the room tour somewhere. She's adorable.

There are already plenty of indie (and not so indie) Ñtubers going around. There's a group that's managed by a company (Kudasai is the corp, KudaLIVE is the group) that started as an pirate anime streaming site (AnimeFLV) and they're pulling between 15k and 40k followers on twitch.
View attachment 12294View attachment 12295View attachment 12296
I'd like to see major corpos interact a bit more with the ES community, and I think Hakka is a good start.
I only follow 2 ñ vtubers and one of them barely speaks any ñ. Its some ASMR vtuber on twitch. The other is Hana Yomeguri. Pretty sure she's somewhat indie and she had a massive growth spurt during her first year. She got about 150,000 follows in 1 year with a CCV of around 500. She is basically a React Andy.

So Lisa has "conditions" to continue streaming as Lisa. Sounds like she might be in a Kallin situation, where she had to buy the rights to her character within six months or lose the ability to stream as Kallin (which is why she rebranded to Ember Amane). That's purely a guess, but it sounds like Tsunderia's CEO didn't just simply hand over the models/IP rights at all.
This happened to Rosa from HavenX. CEO wanted to fuck her over by selling her the model and account for $10k. Rosa told him to suck a dick. She's back using Rosa so I'm guessing they settled for a lower number. That said Koa and Viri seem to have died with the company. Its a real shame as those two models were amazing.

I mean from a business perspective it makes sense. At the point where the company has already gone under you might as well get what money you can as PPP since PR is of no concern.
Yup.

I like that Nagzz is becoming more and more of a simp for the vodka fox but goddamn she just about killed the dude there

He's been on board for quite a while. They often interact with each other and Tenma either watches his stream or Nagzz pops into hers. Same with Koe. Pretty smart on her part to also diversify into the Twitch community. That way she doesn't cannibalize the other girl's viewers (people could argue that Lumi's but her community is pretty different).

It was recently Ibrahim's 3rd year anniversary as a liver and, as a celebration, he had this nice animation made. It has a lot of Niji livers like Meifu (his wavemates) and other streamers like ShibuyaHal. It highlights a lot of his streams like the NIJI Ark War and Minecraft.

Is this the same studio that did Marine's Pirate Ship animation short? Looks really nice.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
There's a certain rival corpo that is recruiting for their ID branch, hmmm.
>Implying Hana Macchia or Mika could put up with Hololive's idol schtick
lol, lmao even

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

RiverBear

PekoWick

Anyway some numbers for January 2023

Vtuber channel /Hours Watch/Stream Hours/Average CCV/Peak CCV/Numbers of stream
1675312022709639.png
Fn3cyX9aQAA_7LT.jpegFn3cy2DaUAAFJTn.png

Last edited:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
I would agree with you here. While it has improved, Fishman seems like the embodiment of "Yagoo's Dream" in the west. That said Yuko could probably go the idol route but she would probably be somewhat nerfed or ready to blow from trying to be seiso. She's too chaotic.

He's been on board for quite a while. They often interact with each other and Tenma either watches his stream or Nagzz pops into hers. Same with Koe. Pretty smart on her part to also diversify into the Twitch community. That way she doesn't cannibalize the other girl's viewers (people could argue that Lumi's but her community is pretty different).
Yeah, I can't picture her nerfing her content to go the full idol route. That's fine though imo she has definitely found her niche. I hope idol doesn't turn out to be a black company or something and that they can actually grow and give these girls a good place to be. Competition is good, it will hopefully drive the other corps like Phase to up their game and maybe even maximize on their talents better.

And yeah I know he has been orbiting her for some time lol I think he actually considers her to be one of his streamer friends at this point. Nagzz helped Zentreya build her community and vice versa, he's been around for a while, so I think you're right and he can definitely help her grow. It's just hilarious how much of a simp the man is lol throw a hot Asian hag voice, a model with thighs, or feet his way and he can barely contain himself.
Pretty sure the Tiger Mommy from Phase is from the Philippines. Haven't heard of Oceane being from there
On the subject of Erina and her suffering
Screenshot_20230202-003952-775.png

Good Ol' Chum

Sanest Chumbud
Yeah, I can't picture her nerfing her content to go the full idol route. That's fine though imo she has definitely found her niche. I hope idol doesn't turn out to be a black company or something and that they can actually grow and give these girls a good place to be. Competition is good, it will hopefully drive the other corps like Phase to up their game and maybe even maximize on their talents better.

And yeah I know he has been orbiting her for some time lol I think he actually considers her to be one of his streamer friends at this point. Nagzz helped Zentreya build her community and vice versa, he's been around for a while, so I think you're right and he can definitely help her grow. It's just hilarious how much of a simp the man is lol throw a hot Asian hag voice, a model with thighs, or feet his way and he can barely contain himself.

View attachment 12331
Ah yes, Sbaghetti.

UberSoldat

Besides the EN concert falling through, it seems like no overseas liver is happy in Niji. There's been some talk about how bad ID has been doing recently. I mean, they were never doing the best, but it's been a harsh few months. Anyways, there's been some rumblings about how ID might just be abandoned because they aren't doing well, and if that happens, then we'd better expect some graduations.

Now, do I think this is happening? Not really. Sure, they're upset, there has been many a stream where the ID livers have complained about the treatment, but none of them have gone so far as to hint at leaving. It's not impossible, but I'm not going to stand on a soapbox and declare that they're all leaving because Niji bad. Would I be surprised if a few leave because they're tired of getting the short end of the stick? No. I honestly expected more of them to be gone, but, for now, only one has left. They finally got official merch, and they're still being given outfits, so all hope is not lost.

KR is actually managing pretty well. To no one's surprise, KR is actually thriving a bit under the main management, and since there's no more bullying happening, that we know of, most of the livers are pretty content.
ID leaving would be really disappointing. NijiID was my go-to gang before and even after NijiEN took off. Their chemistry in collabs was entertaining to watch and they honestly felt more like a "family" then EN ever did.

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
So are we gonna address the fact that IRyS was enacting her incest fantasies that entire stream?

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
So are we gonna address the fact that IRyS was enacting her incest fantasies that entire stream?
Don't you dare insinuate things like that about my little sister*! It makes me angry! :vesperhnngggg:**

*(Her words, not mine)
**(My angry face)

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Why/what?

Worded it a bit weird, been a bit fucked up lately. I'm just curious on Amano's RM because she's the only Kawaii girl I follow and she's all over my fucking feed anyway. Knowing the RM allows me to separate character and actor and is key to curtailing developing unnecessary parasocial thoughts.

Curiously, I was digging through some archives and I stumbled on this thread on Warosu from January 25th:
The thread A) has a supposed Nene Amano roomate account, and B) Has someone accusing the OP by saying "Doxing your coworkers isn't nice Oceane.".

jfc though Arya :shiinastare:

RiverBear

View attachment 12331
The woman wakes up everyday as a Filipino.
She has suffered enough.
---------------------
Pomu apparently on stream clarifying that the concert is postponed and not cancelled.
hopefully someone can confirm

14-30-19-1675318053338029.png

Last edited:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
isn't oceane from the Philippines?
I don't know for sure, but the circle I mentioned is adamant that Oceane is Indonesian, based from the fact that they heard her speak ID and it's fluent to them. I did took the time to listen to Oceane's example of Indonesian (a youtube short by her and a twitter voice tweet), and it does sound like she's native ID, but can't trust it for sure, since I don't follow her.

ID TL: "1 + 1 equals 'asu' (javanese for 'dog', but can be used in Indonesian as a crude petty remark/insult, akin to 'bitch')"

So either she's a Philipines native that learns Indonesian, or she's an Indo who's in Philipines at the moment or lives there currently. Might be wrong since I'm basing it from what the circle mentioned.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Last edited:

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Last edited:

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Never a dull day in the vchweba community huh,
Several people have started archiving Oceane Otoishi's content already so I'm linking it here for those who are interested

I don't know for sure, but the circle I mentioned is adamant that Oceane is Indonesian, based from the fact that they heard her speak ID and it's fluent to them. I did took the time to listen to Oceane's example of Indonesian (a youtube short by her and a twitter voice tweet), and it does sound like she's native ID, but can't trust it for sure, since I don't follow her.
View attachment 12341
ID TL: "1 + 1 equals 'asu' (javanese for 'dog', but can be used in Indonesian as a crude petty remark/insult, akin to 'bitch')"

So either she's a Philipines native that learns Indonesian, or she's an Indo who's in Philipines at the moment or lives there currently. Might be wrong since I'm basing it from what the circle mentioned.
Her PL youtube channel listed Australia as her location so it could be a case of Indonesian living overseas or being half-Indonesian
idk though I never really pay that much attention to her so maybe someone more knowledgable about her could chime in eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom