"'Aren't you an idol?' No, I'm a comedian"Takane Lui

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔
Maybe not right away, but it is definitely in the 'fuck around and find out' territory, especially the quote above of the youtube channel doing it with a person's image. Seems like a great way to find yourself getting sued, especially since Cover and Anycolor are cracking down on people.
I'd imagine as long as its obvious and not mean-spirited/intentionally malicious, it'd be ok/tolerated. The line could be when you get them saying "the n word" or trying to pass it off as actually them.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I'd imagine as long as its obvious and not mean-spirited/intentionally malicious, it'd be ok/tolerated. The line could be when you get them saying "the n word" or trying to pass it off as actually them.
That's what I mean, considering people are already doing that lol. In all honesty, the smart move would be to completely snip it in the bud and contact any channels or users doing it and tell them to stop. The VTuber's voice is basically part of the VTuber's IP and whole identity and they should really treat it as such like other companies do with IPs.

Anyway, here's a silly rat stream to kick off Febaerary.

Edit:
The stream is already causing friction between the differing opinions.

Edit2: Bae starting a war, finally living up to her title.
:chaos:

Last edited:

DaddyChill

What the hell is even that!
Early Adopter
Maybe not right away, but it is definitely in the 'fuck around and find out' territory, especially the quote above of the youtube channel doing it with a person's image. Seems like a great way to find yourself getting sued, even if you win, I don't think there would be enough precedent to throw it out considering how new this all is. Especially since Cover and Anycolor are cracking down on people.
Especially since some of these people are tagging the official Twitter art tags of the talents. Someone will eventually find out what happens when you poke the bear.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
"my throat is not itchy, just underused" -shiina

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
HyperX, who makes computer stuff and I've never heard of, is getting their own vtuber.

Screenshot_20230131_215159_Twitter.png

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Bae's name for her manager on discord: THE HELP
:irysthumbsupl:

RiverBear

Good Ol' Chum

Sanest Chumbud

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Pako has been betrayed. IRyS chose takenoko.

PekoWick

Also came across this Video, I have thoughts but overall positive

Honestly I don't get her early struggle. Like she's blowing past most of her senpai in subs and she gets a fuck tons of SC. What struggle are we even talking about here? Not getting the same amount of subs as gura?

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Honestly I don't get her early struggle. Like she's blowing past most of her senpai in subs and she gets a fuck tons of SC. What struggle are we even talking about here? Not getting the same amount of subs as gura?
The full story on that requires a bit more context. Pulling from my OG Kiara summary from the Homeland:
  1. Taught herself Japanese at a young age through brute forcing conversations over chat programs with native Japanese speakers
  2. Went to Japan and joined an Idol group "Tone Jewel" in 2012.
  3. Got essentially stalked and run out of the group by a guy known as JRCach who would impersonate venue managers and complain about her and tricked the band management to let her go. (documented via this lolcow thread where Keeki herself posted - https://lolcow.farm/pt/res/764.html) [https://archive.vn/1NmHS]
  4. Became a pariah in the industry not only due to this, but also that she gave an interview and was candid about the way the idol industry treated her. A big no no in Japanese culture - https://aramajapan.com/aramaexclusi...-japan-interviews-former-idol-keekihime/7546/ - https://archive.is/r7iwj
  5. Did some cosplay work over the years but never really made it big. During this time, the JRCach guy spread rumors online that she had gotten to Japan by prostituting herself essentially. Or she 'tricked' a guy to bring her over and then reneged on the deal. (A lot of the hate for Keeki/Kiara in cosplay sites, such as /cgl/ on 4chan, will cite this as their main gripe with her. That she slept her way to 'success')
  6. Tried to get a job at Lufthansa, which by my understanding is a really difficult to land and prestigious job. Failed the medical exam due to long term problems with Fibromyalgia and taking antidepressants -
    [*]
    https://archive.is/LWhKd
  7. Sometime during this, took small bit parts based on her cosplay work. Ended up in a 'pseudo' wrestling match where she was lied to about A) it involving men, and B) they would treat her nicely. Proceeded to get manhandled by ugly ass guys in the ring and had one rub his clothed dick all over her face.
  8. Was resigning herself to a life of being a 'normal' worker. Came to Japan one last time on an exclusive, once in a lifetime work visa that cannot be renewed. Many speculate she came as a translator during the Olympics. She also seemingly was trying hard one last time to get picked up by a major company as full time cosplayer. Of course, this got COMPLETELY derailed by COVID.
  9. We are now here. She's now the successful vTuber Takanashi Kiara, but the past 8-9 years of being completely shit on by every opportunity she's had has definitely caused her to be defeatist. It was much more prevalent in the early streams (you could tell she was in the Idol industry "Last place = loser/gets fired" mentality.) But she's getting better as time goes on.

Really the early part of Kiara's career can't be accurately looked at without considering the absolute mountain of shit she had to trudge through to get to where she was at that point in her life. Her early career was fraught with having to fix her own perspective about how Hololive was going to treat her, as well as a crippling imposter syndrome from everything that lead to that point.

Edit: I also forgot to mention the Kiara antis at her start were ruthless. She had already a large group of antis from /clg/ (point 5) and it took a long time for her positive viewers to stabilize /jp/ and /vt/ so any positive chat could be had about her.

Last edited:

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

PekoWick

The full story on that requires a bit more context. Pulling from my OG Kiara summary from the Homeland:
  1. Taught herself Japanese at a young age through brute forcing conversations over chat programs with native Japanese speakers
  2. Went to Japan and joined an Idol group "Tone Jewel" in 2012.
  3. Got essentially stalked and run out of the group by a guy known as JRCach who would impersonate venue managers and complain about her and tricked the band management to let her go. (documented via this lolcow thread where Keeki herself posted - https://lolcow.farm/pt/res/764.html) [https://archive.vn/1NmHS]
  4. Became a pariah in the industry not only due to this, but also that she gave an interview and was candid about the way the idol industry treated her. A big no no in Japanese culture - https://aramajapan.com/aramaexclusi...-japan-interviews-former-idol-keekihime/7546/ - https://archive.is/r7iwj
  5. Did some cosplay work over the years but never really made it big. During this time, the JRCach guy spread rumors online that she had gotten to Japan by prostituting herself essentially. Or she 'tricked' a guy to bring her over and then reneged on the deal. (A lot of the hate for Keeki/Kiara in cosplay sites, such as /cgl/ on 4chan, will cite this as their main gripe with her. That she slept her way to 'success')
  6. Tried to get a job at Lufthansa, which by my understanding is a really difficult to land and prestigious job. Failed the medical exam due to long term problems with Fibromyalgia and taking antidepressants -
    [*]
    https://archive.is/LWhKd
  7. Sometime during this, took small bit parts based on her cosplay work. Ended up in a 'pseudo' wrestling match where she was lied to about A) it involving men, and B) they would treat her nicely. Proceeded to get manhandled by ugly ass guys in the ring and had one rub his clothed dick all over her face.
  8. Was resigning herself to a life of being a 'normal' worker. Came to Japan one last time on an exclusive, once in a lifetime work visa that cannot be renewed. Many speculate she came as a translator during the Olympics. She also seemingly was trying hard one last time to get picked up by a major company as full time cosplayer. Of course, this got COMPLETELY derailed by COVID.
  9. We are now here. She's now the successful vTuber Takanashi Kiara, but the past 8-9 years of being completely shit on by every opportunity she's had has definitely caused her to be defeatist. It was much more prevalent in the early streams (you could tell she was in the Idol industry "Last place = loser/gets fired" mentality.) But she's getting better as time goes on.

Really the early part of Kiara's career can't be accurately looked at without considering the absolute mountain of shit she had to trudge through to get to where she was at that point in her life. Her early career was fraught with having to fix her own perspective about how Hololive was going to treat her, as well as a crippling imposter syndrome from everything that lead to that point.

I genuinely don't care about her RM struggles. I get it it's hard to be a wrestler but Im only talking about "Kiara" struggle just like the title suggests.

RiverBear

The whore is literally just a drama queen.
She's more successful than 25% of talents in Hololive. She outclassed Gura and Mori at one point (I'm not sure now) in Supers, gets invited to JP events/programs because she is fluent, has been invited to Korea and German events because why not (other talents bar Irys and Bae have not even gone to such events), but NOOOO, woe is me, I was the last in EN to get 1 mil subs when half of the company still can't break 200k. Send money my way so I can wipe my tears with them

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Stars Big Minecrft collab starting soon:

Looks like no Vesper again according to Aruran and Rio thumbnails.

No Axel either from the looks of things unless I'm blind and deaf. Edit: Yep Altare said Axel isn't coming, this'll be good as I don't believe any of Tempus DLC are great with Japanese.
At least Aruran, Tenma and Gamma have passion English to make do.

Last edited:

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Stars Big Minecrft collab starting soon:

Looks like no Vesper again according to Aruran and Rio thumbnails.

No Axel either from the looks of things unless I'm blind and deaf. Edit: Yep Altare said Axel isn't coming, this'll be good as I don't believe any of Tempus DLC are great with Japanese.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I like Orange woman, she's the sole remaining Myth member I'm still subbed to. The candid angle and cultural gaffes kinda do it for me, but it's mostly how blunt and straightforward her style of talking is

That and this bit

keekihime says Kiara.png

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Maybe not right away, but it is definitely in the 'fuck around and find out' territory, especially the quote above of the youtube channel doing it with a person's image. Seems like a great way to find yourself getting sued, even if you win, I don't think there would be enough precedent to throw it out considering how new this all is. Especially since Cover and Anycolor are cracking down on people.
The whole AI voice impersonation thing isn't a problem NOW, when the community is relatively calm and going about it's business with few rrats, it's gonna be a problem when a defcon 1 style drama nuke ala rushia/mafumafu or taiwan yab, where nobody really knows what is happening because of the language barrier and misinformation, fake info can be snuck in by malicious people to stir to flames.
I genuinely don't care about her RM struggles. I get it it's hard to be a wrestler but Im only talking about "Kiara" struggle just like the title suggests.
Orange Woman: BAD

Good Ol' Chum

Sanest Chumbud
I like Orange woman, she's the sole remaining Myth member I'm still subbed to. The candid angle and cultural gaffes kinda do it for me, but it's mostly how blunt and straightforward her style of talking is

That and this bit

View attachment 12212
That look of "oh shit I fucked up" was simply priceless to watch live.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom