General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
I'm just imagining the start of Lisa's next stream where out of habit she says "HELLO MY NAMES CHIIIIKAFUJI LIIIIISA OF TSUNDERIA'S TSUNDR- Oh wait sorry."

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
It's sad that Tsunderia fell apart, but at least the talents didn't have to graduate and got to keep their assets and identities.

I'm firmly on team "Phase Connect should adopt them" but I don't wanna press the issue and bug anyone...

...Okay yes, I absolutely do, but I know that would be the wrong thing to do so I'll resist the urge...

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Which begs the question why Purin jumped the gun and left Tsunderia instead of waiting for this announcement.
As far as I can remember from way back in the day; Purin chose to join Tsunderia alongside Char and Kana. Purin was essentially the Canary in the mine out of the original 3 (Kamiko Kana, Hoshino Charlotte, and Purin). If she left it was likely a sign the ship has sunk.
The first group after Hololive that got me into vtubers. Sad to see them collapse, but I've always respected them giving their streamers the rights to the models.
View attachment 11648
I wonder where the rrat girl Kirihime Ria went... We'll never know.
1612781076386.png

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
The initial accusations were kinda shit honestly. He comissioned gay shota fanart. And the only one that was weird as fuck was him asking to see nudes from someone (apparently underage) that posted in his discord and the mods deleted the photos.
Important to note underage was 17 and taiga had just finished high school at the time, atleast so ive heard from a dude who actually watches taiga. Didnt know it was posted on taigas discord serv tho

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Aster is hosting an Iluna gameshow

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Horsewife is celebrating 5k subs by getting hammered and singing

PekoWick

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
It's sad that Tsunderia fell apart, but at least the talents didn't have to graduate and got to keep their assets and identities.

I'm firmly on team "Phase Connect should adopt them" but I don't wanna press the issue and bug anyone...

...Okay yes, I absolutely do, but I know that would be the wrong thing to do so I'll resist the urge...
I dont see the benefit if Phase adopting them if they already have control of their identity and assets.

Important to note underage was 17 and taiga had just finished high school at the time, atleast so ive heard from a dude who actually watches taiga. Didnt know it was posted on taigas discord serv tho
I dont know the ages so I cant say for sure but if its that and it was a 17 and 18 then it probably isn't as shit as everyone makes it out to be.

JMForte

I took this one from /vt/. ...and people wonder why a good chunk of fans of small corpos loathe Phase fans....
They just take after Pippa, poaching and loving Lisa.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
Suisei by @JQHNHARQLD.jpg

Stellar comet across the sky

Doggy God's Diner by @JQHNHARQLD.png

Celebration afterwards

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Last edited:

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
I dont see the benefit if Phase adopting them if they already have control of their identity and assets.
The Tsunderia talents reaped all the benefits of being in a corpo like getting an audience, a model, and support to build their initial personas and now have none of the drawbacks. I honestly see no reason they would chose to kneecap their earnings to join another corpo under their current personas. Auditioning for a large corpo like Niji or Holo and graduating if they got in would make sense.

Step 1: Join Phase/Idol

Step 2: Pay Sakana/Aviel a chunk of your earnings for a marginal bump in popularity at best

Step 3: ????

Step 4: Profit?

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

Step 2: Pay Sakana/Aviel a chunk of your earnings for a marginal bump in popularity at best

Step 3 is "get a whole bunch of collaboration, promotion, and merchandising opportunities that you'd be unlikely to get yourself unless you hired on your own staff."

Corpos are in it for the money, but a good one won't just do nothing in exchange, and Idol and PC seem to be good corpos so far.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Step 3 is "get a whole bunch of collaboration, promotion, and merchandising opportunities that you'd be unlikely to get yourself unless you hired on your own staff."

Corpos are in it for the money, but a good one won't just do nothing in exchange, and Idol and PC seem to be good corpos so far.
They can collab with any of the small corpos as indies. Miori does just fine after she split from the company and went independent.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
The Tsunderia talents reaped all the benefits of being in a corpo like getting an audience, a model, and support to build their initial personas and now have none of the drawbacks. I honestly see no reason they would chose to kneecap their earnings to join another corpo under their current personas. Auditioning for a large corpo like Niji or Holo and graduating if they got in would make sense.

I feel like in Lisa's case it would make sense to try and aim big and go for Niji/Holo if she really thinks she can do it. Otherwise she could stay Indie.
In Amiya's case it's kinda mixed because she's a Retro-gamer vtuber and the two big corpos are Japanese and permissions, especially for older retro titles, tends to be too much of a hassle for them to get. I feel like Amiya probably benefits going towards another small corpo or just staying Indie and being able to play whatever retro games she wants on either OG hardware or emulated.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Forgot acid disguised as coffee, butt mousepads of the least sexy members of the company, locking you up in the basement for free art and being forced to admit adding ketchup to spaghetti is okay

Elite Miko

Early Adopter
Watching Selen struggle against Sundowner is pain.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
There's other benefits to a corpo - gaining the corporation's brand for yourself, advertising, assistance with merchandising, being able to be part of larger projects like concerts or conventions, and the talent management expertise of the corpo.

Whether that's worth joining a corpo and splitting superchat and membership fees is up to the talents to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom