"Pack it up, skittle squad. It's not a phobia, it's a natural revulsion"Lia Rinkou

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

Millie is live with an off-collab Zatsu with Enna, Rosemi, Elira, and Nina.

God I remember the last time we got an Off-Collab like this. It was really loud and really funny. Hopefully this off-collab will also have the return of Rosemis sparkly sparkly toenails.

Vid related is highlights of last time.

EDIT:
CONFIRMED! ROSEMI ONCE AGAIN HAS SPARKLY SPARKLY TOENAILS!

Last edited:

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
I remember when xqc pissed off the twitch vtuber community and he was just sperging out about it when he got backlash, twitch is unbridled autism and i don't get why anyone watches the tards who stream there. The thing i hate the most about twitch fags is when they think their opinions matter and when their audience validates their bs takes, assmongoloid should go profit off of reacting to youtube videos instead of commenting on shit he doesn't even understand.
Asmon's content is like subtle hate-watching content. He's - at best - half informed on most topics and just makes surface level takes based on reading the room and appealing to it, which he relies on schrodingers asshole to get him out of when things go wrong. Like how he thinks he can comment on the current state of FF14 despite having played basically just the free trial + like half of Stormblood. Or when he pissed off the vtuber fans in his community by joining in on the tired "voice changer" style jokes and anti bandwagon that went on in Twitch for a while last year, only to be surprised at the backlash and pivot his opinion into something milder to walk it back - even ended up on IronMouse's show.
It's no wonder the dude has to take regular mental health breaks and stream on his alt channel when he's performing a character that hard.
Josh Strife Hayes on the other hand… I want to hear him talk about the things that killed MMOs and video game monetization
I don't know much about Josh Strife Hayes MMO content, but I do know his alt channel "Josh Strife Plays" does some very high quality videos on retro videogames that I love. He's an interesting dude.
On the other hand, I do not understand the appeal of xQc.
For me it's Forsen. I've never seen another person who looks so much like they need to expend mental effort on remembering to breathe. I've no idea why he has an audience at all, so far as I can work out he's just hit the point of being popular because he's popular and his community has evolved into it's own place for kids to shitpost that's only tangentially related to him.

Last edited:

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
The trashfire continues.

View attachment 11511
The poor Phase Connect general on /vt/ is getting flooded with dramatourists from the catalog, partly because the company is disliked on there because of Pippa antis baiting and the other part is discordfaggots who do nothing but cuckpost about any vtubers.
These factors made the general the fastest thread on the board since the end of that stream, usually getting 800-1000 posts before falling off the last page.
Plus several bait threads about Lia or Phase Connect a day.

Its a repeat of the Pippa spam after her info dropped on there last year, but much bigger because of how more known the corpo is.

JMForte

Plus several bait threads about Lia or Phase Connect a day.
The funniest thing about the bait threads was this screen shot getting posted. Someone who has collabed with Pippa was in a bait thread and they forgot to censor their profile picture. Of course this gets reposted on /pcg/ and it honestly this just makes this Lia situation next level.
1674590363706279.png

uquusquad

creator, innovator, artist, idea
Early Adopter
This is a Public Service Announcement
To all vtuber and aspiring vtubers reading this thread, do not acknowledge this site, or announce that you are in this thread. It could get you canceled faster than you can say the gamer word.

angry sushi

Early Adopter

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
To all vtuber and aspiring vtubers reading this thread, do not acknowledge this site, or announce that you are in this thread. It could get you canceled faster than you can say the gamer word.
To be fair, it wasn't this place or the homeland association that got DN canceled, and Pippa is still Pipping on.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
I agree with this for the most part, but about not being able to rely on looks to hook in fans, well...

tsukumo_sana__hololive_council__by_cutesexyrobutts_depcp7l-pre.jpg

images

Fh6RYrMVUAYIOVE

FHLPSlxWQAIgvbt.jpg

:ponrys:
That's the thing though; when they're ALL good looking, then that no longer matters. People are more likely to give a VTuber a look based on the character design being something interesting rather than just "me so horny" because anyone and everyone can have tits and ass.

When looks are no longer a special commodity, then the playing field is even. Now you have to sink or swim based on your actual content and value as an entertainer.

Ensok

Early Adopter

Piarro

Early Adopter

kestraline

Early Adopter

angry sushi

Early Adopter
Really cool she's in Japan, her Senpais must be trying to swarm her and meet her at every opportunity.
Orange chicken had to go on the attack to make collabs, meanwhile sharky is on the run from everyone.
I wonder how Gura's diet is holding up out there since she has some sort of anxiety surrounding her eating habits.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Really cool she's in Japan, her Senpais must be trying to swarm her and meet her at every opportunity.
Vesper Knew.

RiverBear

Vesper Knew.
Vesper was the reason why it took so long for Gura to get to Japan

They had a deal with management to have him have her alone for a week or two before he approves of her going to Japan

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
do not acknowledge this site, or announce that you are in this thread. It could get you canceled faster than you can say the gamer word.
Agreed, although there is somewhat of a caveat - someone like Pippa used to acknowledge the homeland constantly and would occasionally literally use Twitter to reply to posts in the OG thread. She hasn't gotten canceled for it, even with the clip of her literally screaming "Joshua Moon, let's collab!" occasionally circulating. I think it's just a careful line to toe, and if you have curated an audience of people who wouldn't give a shit, then it's less of an issue. Overall though, yeah, if there actually is for some god-forsaken reason a VTuber active in this thread who has an audience of lefty-Twitchfag types or whatever, it would be a death sentence.

soap suds

Piarro

Early Adopter

Ah yes of course, the girl with crippling anxiety is into true crime. That's a great idea. God save these women.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

:botanshrug:

People trying to make a living from this should probably avoid posting in any of the non-corpo-approved places. I agree. If the extremely unlikely happens and I end up getting an invite to join a corpo or something, I'll be outta here. But also if that happens, I almost certainly wont be using the same Murray identity when debuting there, and as for the voice, well, plausible deniability and stop doxxxxxxing people bro.

Maybe that's a naive take, but for now I'm gonna have fun shitposting with you people - and maybe trying to coax some of you to become watchers - and worry about the consequences later (that attitude has never served me wrong in the past, lololollolo). Like I said before, I still got my day job, so if this blows up in my face… botanshrug. (I'm more worried about getting superdoxed and people bothering my family and employers than any consequences to myself, really.)

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
That's the thing though; when they're ALL good looking, then that no longer matters. People are more likely to give a VTuber a look based on the character design being something interesting rather than just "me so horny" because anyone and everyone can have tits and ass.

When looks are no longer a special commodity, then the playing field is even. Now you have to sink or swim based on your actual content and value as an entertainer.
If I can get my head out of the "dark-skinned lady with humongous gazongas" gutter for a second, I'd say that the model is most important as a way to make a first impression. Since it's the very first thing you see it's easy to make judgments on who you will/won't watch based on what aspects of their model appeal to you. I could tell you from the moment I saw her I was gonna like Sana the most (@Johnny Jambalaya is right, it's just my type), whereas I immediately wrote off people like Gura or Shadow due to my "loli girl bad" mentality. That said, since anyone can have the same "physical" characteristics as Sana, as you said, it's the content and the girl herself that ultimately decides whether someone sticks around or not. Based on model alone I should be the biggest Nyaru simp on the forum, but because she streams on that horrid website known as Twitch I can barely get into her. Meanwhile I should've shoah'd girls like Shiina and Yuko on sight, but despite them being lolis I managed to get into their stuff because they're entertaining in spite of it (although it feels like Yuko's really pushing it sometimes with how she appeals to the uoohhh crowd but that's a whole other discussion). I'd say most important of all is don't have models that are ugly as shit or are poorly designed; you can power through it if you're entertaining enough or are already established by means of being in a big corpo (like Kronii), but if you don't have those qualities, you're fucked. Like that loli corpo that launched a while back, all I remember seeing about them is a bunch of other people here saying "wow they're ugly as shit" and they were never brought up again, instantly memory-holed on first impressions alone, which ties back to my original point.

Speaking of Yuko, she better count her fucking days :smugina:

chihirogumi

The funniest thing about the bait threads was this screen shot getting posted. Someone who has collabed with Pippa was in a bait thread and they forgot to censor their profile picture. Of course this gets reposted on /pcg/ and it honestly this just makes this Lia situation next level.
View attachment 11522
The content and memes generated out of this fiasco has been pretty funny. Only things worth browsing /vt/ for.
1674594324661046.jpg

1674596720806039.jpg

1674602706829024.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom