"You can jam your fingers in my cleavage, you can go up to that point"Momosuzu Nene

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Feel free to :educateyourself: me on this, but doesn't Hololive only secure Pokémon perms for a limited time anyway?

This game has been out for years. It wouldn't surprise me if the VOD was deleted because he never had perms for it in the first place, and just thought he did because he had Violet perms.

It feels like it's more to do with the type of perms Cover secure from Nintendo rather than Nintendo themselves. That could go either way, though.
No, that is exactly what happened. I guess Axel did not know about this clause and thought they had perms to play the game. Or maybe whatever system they use to track perms forgot an end-date for this game in particular, and made him think they actually had perms and did not ask.

The one thing I will say is that I shouldn't have said "fuckin Nintendo" because the perms come through The Pokemon Company, rather than Nintendo, for Pokemon. Either way, Cover needs to get a better permissions deal for Pokemon. This shit they have through NND doesn't seem to be very beneficial. At the end of the day, it stems from Nintendo's ass-backwards view on streamers and Youtubers, views they have held for a long time now.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Feel free to :educateyourself: me on this, but doesn't Hololive only secure Pokémon perms for a limited time anyway?

This game has been out for years. It wouldn't surprise me if the VOD was deleted because he never had perms for it in the first place, and just thought he did because he had Violet perms.

It feels like it's more to do with the type of perms Cover secure from Nintendo rather than Nintendo themselves. That could go either way, though.
You are correct, in that they are limited time perms and iirc Scarlet and Violet are only playable until I believe February for Tempus from what I recall.

Nintendo is probably just stingy on the perms because they can be and Nintendo has shown clear dislike for content creation. This is also potentially the Pokemon Company's fault as everything Pokemon has to go through usually three different entities (Nintendo, Pokemon Company, and Game Freak) with exceptions for side games worked on by studios outside of Game Freak.

Tempus has played many Nintendo games before though (Magni played Mario Golf two days ago without issue), and Axel played Zelda to credits across multiple months without issue, so this might be a Pokemon Company thing. Pokemon Company might as well be the Japanese version of Disney, so it might be like pulling teeth to play anything Pokemon related legitimately by corpo standards because of them. That wouldn't shock me at all because I've only really heard of Pokemon as a series being this picky.

Axel is a dummy, but given his fuck up with Hitman early on (which was a far more confusing situation) I like to think he knows well enough what perms he does or doesn't have so he doesn't get into situations like that again, unless management miscommunicated to him somehow.

As a personal literal from nowhere rrat: I'd imagine if it is the Pokemon Company being the real perms bottleneck here, that they tend to force some kind of annoying deal that is in their favor (like unreasonable amount of upfront payment for their timid deal) to get permission to play their games. I can believe this because this sounds like something Disney would do, and both business' main mascot character is a literal cartoon rat.

So therefore my rrat is factually accurate and cartoon rats will one day rule the world when Pikachu and Mickey Mouse run against each other for President of burgerland, Mickey will rule over France from Euro Disneyland, and Pikachu will become the next Yellow Emperor of China and be the best Emperor in over 500 years while having all the missile codes from North Korea.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Hey look at that. Unarchived karaoke vod from monday stream is up!

AmpleChip

According to the archive replies it was a time zone "dox", if correct she would currently be in the European time zone instead of Japanese.
She got promoted at her not phase job recently, and that came bundled with business trips abroad. Sounds like she is currently doing one of those gigs in Europe and doesn't want that to leak out.

Not_glowie

Just lurking
Just wanted to say that Pippa did it to herself. Her chat is full of schizos, but bullying her for being dumb is alright in my book.
lol.png

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
No, that is exactly what happened. I guess Axel did not know about this clause and thought they had perms to play the game. Or maybe whatever system they use to track perms forgot an end-date for this game in particular, and made him think they actually had perms and did not ask.

The one thing I will say is that I shouldn't have said "fuckin Nintendo" because the perms come through The Pokemon Company, rather than Nintendo, for Pokemon. Either way, Cover needs to get a better permissions deal for Pokemon. This shit they have through NND doesn't seem to be very beneficial. At the end of the day, it stems from Nintendo's ass-backwards view on streamers and Youtubers, views they have held for a long time now.

I'm not sure what the NND deal entails, but I watched Lain Paterson play this game about a month ago and Enna is still playing Shining Pearl, so a better permissions deal shouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for them. I'm not sure they've actually pushed for one though unless the Pokémon Company just...favour one company over the other, which feels unlikely.

Speaking of permissions hell: Elira Pendora, the literal perfect person to play this game, will be starting Persona 5 Royal today.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Really hope Apple stop selling this fucking stalker tracking shit, what other purpose did this product do?

Airtags have a lot of extremely valid, legitimate uses. They're used to track important shipments far better than any shitty mail company can, as well as help get your belongings back from thieves or porch pirates. Airtags can be used for dumb shit, no doubt, but they're also a very useful product that has saved people thousands of dollars.

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter
KSon's been streaming a ton with Pikamee.
If people weren't cowards they'd stop watching whenever Pikamee used that awful Loli avatar and made her stop using it.

SaejimaHaruka

I'm not sure what the NND deal entails, but I watched Lain Paterson play this game about a month ago and Enna is still playing Shining Pearl, so a better permissions deal shouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for them. I'm not sure they've actually pushed for one though unless the Pokémon Company just...favour one company over the other, which feels unlikely.

Speaking of permissions hell: Elira Pendora, the literal perfect person to play this game, will be starting Persona 5 Royal today.

In before she plays with EN dubs like the pink wigger. At least Bae's sane enough to use the original VAs. Speaking of Calli, didn't she want to play P3 back when she debuted? Did she change her mind, or is Atlus autistic enough to have only given them P5 perms?

Also, tenshi is playing Bloodborne after having finished her deathless Elden Ring run. Do make note of the realtively halal thumbnail.

Last, but definitely not the least, I have managed to get my hands on some juicy information related to Ina.
RealInaRealSchedule.jpg

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
So i have watching the brit obsessed with IKEA sharks play Splatoon, not only has she elevated the whole of her nation in my eyes but i have finally realized the appeal of low view streamers and slow chats.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
...Speaking of Calli, didn't she want to play P3 back when she debuted? Did she change her mind, or is Atlus autistic enough to have only given them P5 perms?

Well, Persona 3 Portable comes to Steam and Game Pass in January 2023, I guess we wait until that. Or do you expect her to whip out PSP and capture that?

AyoTempus

Early Adopter
Well, Persona 3 Portable comes to Steam and Game Pass in January 2023, I guess we wait until that. Or do you expect her to whip out PSP and capture that?

You capture the PS2 game like a true gamer, not this portable shit unless you desperately want to see the waman MC.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

There's the PS2 version of P3 which works on PStriple, and maybe on PS4 with PS now or some shit, I don't know.

Atlus definitely is that retarded to be holding out on permissions, since they're porting P3 Portable to the PC, instead of P3 FES and just adding the ability to control your party members.

Netscaper

Early Adopter
There's the PS2 version of P3 which works on PStriple, and maybe on PS4 with PS now or some shit, I don't know.

Atlus definitely is that retarded to be holding out on permissions, since they're porting P3 Portable to the PC, instead of P3 FES and just adding the ability to control your party members.
I'm really hoping they add the 3D maps of FES to explore the town to P3P instead of the shitty cursor over a jpeg that the portable version used.
But this is ATLUS, and they may be retarded and money-pinching enough to not bother with it.

kukkia

Early Adopter
Just realised but when I was looking at Zaion's PL it did say that she was from Japan but raised in USA. I thought it was possibly kayfabe because her character was like a fox goddess or something but she says the same thing in her Zaion debut.

So all 3 of the women in the new wave are Japanese, making them the 3rd-5th EN members born in Japan and the 11th-13th EN members fluent in Japanese.
Do we know Kotoka's pl yet?

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Yuri collabing with rurumi

AyoTempus

Early Adopter
R.I.P Ratxel, I literally didn't know you because I missed the stream, but you shall be remembered if only for this. The adventures of Ratxel and Vesboner would have been great given the plot of MD, fuck you yellow mouse company.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Basically, the NND deal gives them limited Pokemon perms in exchange for some kind of sponsored steam Hololive has to do on NND Premium. They did some Pokemon tournaments this year and last year, for example.

IDK why they would not try and get a better deal, unless they are just not able to get TPC to give them the time of day or are content with the current setup for some weird reason. AnyColor may be able to get a better deal because they have better connections and are generally more established.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Imminent 500 members, prepare the Asylum User Tally Instantaneous Shindig Maker (AUTISM) protocol!

:pippasquish:Now Playing: Celebration - Kool & The Gang :pippasquish:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom