"Mental illness, excuse me? We're not part of Phase Connect"Sawa Sama

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hololive ruined /jp/

On the topic of Remi, is she still doing that flirty GFE stuff she was doing a while back? That was what mostly filtered me from her if I'm recalling right, which is a shame because the times I've seen her acting normal on stream with Pippa she seems legit nice with a fun energy to her.

I'm not sure how popular of an opinion this is but I find GFE streams more off-putting than coomer streams because of the audience they can attract. At least coomers come to their senses once they... y'know. GFE unicorns are just insane 24/7.
pcg says she's rubbing her feet on the mic. She's been going hard on feetposting lately too.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
ah shit

Holoñ is imminent it's not going to be EN3 its going to be ES1 :calidrinking:

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
This culminating in her saying that she's had sex in a Miata.

What? How? A Miata is roughly the size of Shaq's sneaker. Pretty sure you can't even put the seats back.

2017-mazda-mx-5-miata-rf_100605874_h.jpg

soap suds

I was at a Christmas party but I still watched the debuts like the loser I am. Anyways, here's my review of xsoleil's debuts:

- Zaion was a bit too much for me. She likes gachas, and I do not, so I will not be watching her.
- Doppio's voice made me want to rip out my eardrums but when he stopped pushing the anime voice he was alright.
- Meloco was one of my favs. I liked her vibes and I don't mind the esl. Can't wait to hear her sing more.
- Hex was better than I expected. He still sounded like he was so close to eating the mic but overall he seemed sweet but a bit plain.
- Kotoka had mic troubles but that did not stop her from being cute! I liked her but nothing really stood out besides her questionable taste in food.
- Ver was very straightforward. Nothing popped out to me but he is definitely going to be one of the popular ones.

For me, debuts don't really matter in the long run. Most people are going to do a complete 180 a week from now so these opinions are not concrete. Maybe I'll end up liking the ones I didn't and all that. I'll keep my eyes on all of them for now just to see how things play out.

Last edited:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Self-made vtuber Laponkatsu (Lapin) returned tonight from a six month break. Stream is still going on.

Interesting part: She mentioned during her long break she almost joined a black corpo and backed out of it. No other details were given.

All the little 2 views I watch are excited she is back, and raiding into her.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
At least their shitty Metaverse won't end up costing 15 billion to develop and another 100 billion in share price that the founder of the company holds.

I really don't get the appeal of Remi. I don't have anything against her but whatever she's doing filters me hard.
I like Remi from the coffee stream and the Valhalla stream where her experience with bartending really shine.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
I don't know...I think she has more than enough husbands already! Especially with very muscular dudes lol
Nene is always looking to expand her Husband collection. Just look at her recent member's wallpaper. Even our sweet angel Towa was trying to get a closer look at it.
Nene wallpaper.png

1. Some kind of food war crime, I believe.
2. Normal I think. I know a lot of people who do that.
3. Just the average sweet and savory thing no big deal
4. Unbelievably based and I am kneeling
5. This sounds more like a punishment rather than a food item
6. Never had it but it doesn't sound bad
fortune uohkie.gif

An interesting note from the Pippa stream today is that she actually wants to get a wide range of people on stream if she could.....including vshojo despite a lot of Pippa watchers not being a fan of that company.
I respect that and I believe all creators should do whatever they want. Fans(customers) are then freely allowed to complain about it if it does indeed turn out to be shit in their eyes, and they can either keep watching or eventually leave. The most prolific example of this in the vtuber sphere is, of course, Nyanners. She had every right to do whatever she wanted with her content, and she even had the right to shit on her fanbase, but that freedom isn't just a one way street. The fans also have the ability to shit on you and your decisions. So, Pippa can get whoever she wants and say whatever she wants. I will hope it all works out no matter who she gets.

I'm not sure how popular of an opinion this is but I find GFE streams more off-putting than coomer streams because of the audience they can attract.
On this particular website I'm sure your opinion on this is well within the majority. Of course I don't share it myself, because for me the experience just needs to be believable and I won't really have any criticisms of the streamer's content itself. If I can't suspend my disbelief enough to enjoy the entertainment being provided then it's all just futilely wasted on me. You have to be good at it like Rushia/Nazuna. I do also like to see the fans of that content ignore any 'missteps' and just roll with the flow instead of sperging out. E.g. Rushia's GFEnjoyers handled the Mafu2 stuff pretty well with only a surprisingly small number of them even bringing it up. Contrast that with the intensely crazy portion of Vox's yumejos that were shitting up the entirety of his coworker's tweets, or the insanity of Mafu2's fans, and you can see the contrast between how good it could be vs how bad it can get.
Bit of a tangent here, but these days the only way you can really get me MATI over your content is if you preach to me about sociopolitical issues and try to force your morality onto me. It wouldn't be so bad if people could express their opinions in a way that left room for dissent, but when you only want me to:educateyourself: then I'm just going to fuck off while telling you to get bent. That's about the only thing that truly makes me turn away in disgust on the spot. Everything else that I choose not to watch is simply some personal preference and I'll have no real negative feelings over it.

You have heard of nijification, but nenefication is where its at.
Hard agree, my friend.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Imagine going through the liquor aisle and having Tenma critique your choices in vodka lmao
Every other word would be bitch.

Mari is collabing on her lunchlady roommates channel with Aethel. Just got done reading their vtuber wiki pages and playing Mario Party

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter

kukkia

Early Adopter
May be late to post this, but people suspect that Meloco from the new Niji wave is the reincarnation of Shirahari Uni, a JP vtuber who was a part of a small agency called NeoRad until this summer. As one can probably tell, she had the same mama as Fubuki. Two of the top clips about her are basically just about how she's Fubuki's sister.

You can hear her speaking a lot in English here. She definitely sounds like Meloco, albeit a bit more natural since she isn't putting on a debut act. Definitely gives me more confidence for her EN speaking ability.

paul

Early Adopter

Disregard himbos, listen to sheep sing the greatest soundtrack in videogames.

Catching up right now. Great stream, despite the little scuff and her sickness. Obligatory Keiichi Okabe = GOAT (yes, he wasn't involved in Drakengard 1 and 2 and wasn't alone but still).
Also Square Enix, for the love of god, please remaster/remake Drakengard 3 for the current gen and PC. I really, really want to replay a version that is not in a performance mess. But I wouldn't mind Drakengard 4 by Yoko Taro either way. ("This silence is mine" hits like I played D3 just yesterday, damn.)
Regarding the new Nijis, I only skipped through their debuts. Only Zaion's voice does it for me but I don't think this wave is for me either.
When is it happening again? :inatiredl:

Last edited:

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
More thoughts about Xsoliel:
I searched and it doesn't seem Xsoleil's song was posted. So here's the song

ft. Autotune
Lyrics are weird. I wonder if the singer(s) among them will do a solo cover like Ren did for Let's Get it Started.

I actually really like the lore. They have a unifying concept of young people with superpowers pulled from different dimensions into an academy by a shady Professor X and trained to stop the apocalypse. I don't expect any of them to do anything with it on stream - the strength of their lore is that it's fanfic-able. We'll see if the fanworks bear that out.

Kotoka put up a VN video.

Last edited:

kukkia

Early Adopter
Chuuni X-Men is a pretty decent lore base, yeah, much more so than most of the other Niji waves. Though I guess they kinda gave up on the solar theming? Maybe they get their powers from the sun or something lol. It's not like Iluna did much with the lunar theme.

soap suds

Do any of the waves keep up with the themes? Most of them don't even keep up with their own goddamn lore, even though they complain about no one keeping up with it, so why bother with the themes. There really is only a handful in the entirety of en who expand their lore and, off the top of my head, that includes people like Fuuchan, Vox, Millie, and Rosemi.

It would have been cool to stick with the whole "rival school" thing they had going on, but sadly that doesn't seem to be happening. A lot of the initial lore and theming would be cool if they kept it up if I am being honest.

Last edited:

Not-Username

Shill day

The stupid thing with these sweaters is that they CAN make merch stuff with short delivery.

Optimizing the made to order stuff to less than half a year should be certainly feasible as well...

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Just realised but when I was looking at Zaion's PL it did say that she was from Japan but raised in USA. I thought it was possibly kayfabe because her character was like a fox goddess or something but she says the same thing in her Zaion debut.

So all 3 of the women in the new wave are Japanese, making them the 3rd-5th EN members born in Japan and the 11th-13th EN members fluent in Japanese.

Furious George

Low & Lazy

Excuse the newf.a.g. About 2:38 in. I think we're spoiling her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom