"Oh my god is that fucking... is that fucking... ah is that fucking Austin Powers!!? (while watching Rick Moranis in Ghostbusters)"Yuko Yurei

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
This is an interesting Stream..

Untitled.png

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter

Several observations:

1. I watched the first two hours of the vod for Adam Crigler's tell-all stream yesterday about why he left TimcastIRL and about his experiences in that house with all of them. The way he described it, it sounded very much like the place was filled with spooks, surveilling and manipulating people and relationships. Which, given the popularity and seeming influence the brand has, and the fact that it is almost entirely related to politics, it makes perfect sense for MULTIPLE entities with the ability to engage in psychological operations of that kind to target in such a way.

2. I mention this because, even though Pippa is merely a small-potatoes 4-view with almost 100k subscribers, and even though she avoids politics, she still has a reputation for speaking her mind and for resisting efforts to get her to conform to the narrative (we don't see pippa following a vshojo model, nor getting venture capital dumping cash into phase connect or astroturfing for it). Not to mention her promoting and normalizing conspiracy theories which are very uncomfortable for certain entities with malicious intent.

She has also overtly become the target of "cancellation" by at least some portion of the twitter/discord moderator mob, being compared to all manner of horrible evil-doers like joshua moon and the hacker four chan, among others.
In short, she has enemies whether she would like them or not.

3. In her zatsu stream just earlier, Pippa was recounting some of the elaborate psychological manipulation and harassment tactics she herself engaged in online in her past, e.g. creating a complete website with fake reviews, and creating one for her perceived competitor which was just slightly negative, because she knew that was the best way to have the appearance of legitimacy while still getting under the skin of her target.

4. Pippa has previously mentioned that other streamers do not like her fans, or are afraid of them. I believe she is very self-conscious about this, because she does not want to upset people and feels responsible for autists who happen to be fans of hers (a minority, like most fandoms). She mentioned this in the azehara clip above, saying it is a problem. She even commented on that low effort clips video 1 hour after it came out, just before her stream today, "LOVE LUMI, HATE PIPPA".

5. Lumi has a reputation, whether true or not, for being manipulative, and a wrecker of guilds and companies. Just from the few times I've listened to her in her collabs with Pippa and a few streams of her own, its apparent she's very intelligent, very good with language and in particular lying. She still slips up sometimes and contradicts herself. Pippa seems to hold her in high esteem, which makes her vulnerable to lumi's opinion of her moreso than other vtubers/streamers.

From these observations:

It's established that Pippa has known enemies with greater capacity for harassment than her own past self, and potentially much bigger enemies who have exhibited a proclivity to employ all manner of tactics to disrupt potential threats.

We have identified at least one weakness - her fear of her fans being a nuisance - which stifles her ability to grow her numbers and generate revenue for fishman by actively avoiding collabs instead of following Tenma's model. She has found a philosophy which allows her to be okay with doing her own thing instead of chasing numbers, which just adds to her endearing personality imo, but it still means her growth is stifled.

Lumi did not have to go as hard as she did on that autist. Maybe she's been dealing with autistic capippalists a lot - I don't know. But clearly she's primed to cause emotional damage.

If I were going to target Pippa with this weakness, I'd create a lot of sockpuppets and begin posing as capippalists and doing the very thing she's anxious about them doing, to the point that it pisses people off enough that they flip out and bitch at her for it. It'd be even more helpful to have a man on the inside to do the bitching and manipulation, like with the tim pool house situation, to ensure it has just the right level of subtlety and pain, tailored to her response to it.
I'm still not sure where you were going with the whole Lumi manipulating things and whatnot but I do agree with the fact that probably the best way to "hurt" her is to annoy the people around her. That said the other members could always mute/ban/timeout whoever starts sperging and spamming her chat. Pippa often gets brought up on the other girls streams and it's because she has the biggest following. While it may sometimes seem a bit annoying that you get a few spergs here and there, they are still a great way to boost your numbers up. As long as people are not being retarded in chat there shouldn't be any problems with mentioning or talking about her.

Let's be honest, if pippa got a collab with one of the big 2 she would be too fucking scared and freaking out to even interact properly, many of you point out her past yabs but pippa's regular personality and humor (or at least how she presents herself on stream) is pretty edgy and offensive to normies (which is why she's so liked here). So in a collab, she would be too passive to satisfy her regular audience but still radioactive enough to anger the unicorns and gachis. There is nothing to gain from this.
If they want a successful small corpo chuuba to collab with there's plenty of choices. I would like to see Shiki Miyoshino from prism for example.
Don't think Pippa has collabed much outside of her company recently so there is the real possibility that she will go full Amelia-wallflower mode as she usually did about 10 months ago on a few of her collabs.

Miyu Ottavia has pippis'd her last pippis.

View attachment 6488
Don't really know much about her but it was pretty cute that people pushed her to 100k before she graduated. Very talented singer.

Tenma, you fed the joke. Don't get pissed it got too big. This is the same community that finds spamming "BOIN BOIN" jokes hilarious whenever vtubers have no tits.

She also just dropped this. Her cover is great but this song needs a ton. I think my favorite is probably Athena Nightingale's version. Though the mix is less developed I think the song just suits a lower female voice. Athy stepped everything down to meet the range of her voice better too.

I agree with you. The deeper versions or more raspy/growly versions are way better for this song especially given the theme of the song.

ENNA PLEASE IT HAS BEEN OVER AN HOUR. :painpeko:

I swear some of these outfit reveals are like pulling teeth when they could be done in half the time.
She mentioned that she had to stretch this as much as she could and try to hit the 2-hour mark. Guessing it was a management decision to keep the numbers up and not lose momentum going into Nina's outfit reveal.

Do you guys realize they are told by management to stretch it out as far as inhumanly possible to get the highest PPV.
But you knew that already.
I feel like most forget about this.

Edit: The fuck is Nina doing? This is as cringe as Ame's debut with the whole concoction thing that she didnt know what to do and started messing around to stall for time.

Last edited:

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
1669577460569.png
Of course it isn't right because she somehow trying to ask why her stream is weird in the tune of feesh's Tsunami during a outfit debut stream!

I feel like most forget about this.
partly that, partly because people just want to see just how everyone with new outfit is trying to stall for the inevitable

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Just A Plant

Lurkin
Early Adopter
1669573949131.png

Another Kronii membership stream done, this time she was quite a bit more personal that she usually is, she spent the first hour to hour and a half talking about her family. Both good and really bad. Here are the highlights:
  • Kronii had her family (and Sally, a really close friend) over and had a few deep conversations with them.
  • She gives more than half of what she earns to her family, says she's just happy to be able to support them.
  • She feels bad for making her family worry too much about her.
  • Her family is a really big part of her life, so much so that friends have told her multiple times that she needs to leave more time to herself. "I look out for them, they look out for me".
  • She talks about a certain "bad apple" in her life and how sometimes they overwhelm her, she hates that they try to use the people that she cares about. She's choosing her words very carefully, says they're dangerous for everyone they're around. "My family would be happier without this person around", says this person has tried to make this year miserable for everyone. What they've done to her family is "really not normal". "They need help, professional help". She tries to not get involved because whenever she does it escalates. She told all this to her family, knowing that they probably won't try to solve this.
  • She says the reason why she doesn't open up much -or at least why she has problems with doing so- may be because she has been discoradged about talking about it outside [of family]. Also, when she has tried to do so people have minimized the situation, making her even more reluctant to do so.
  • Says the situation with this family member has been happening pretty much all her life. She really wants to cut this person out of her life, but it is VERY difficult to do so. She thought things would get better once she moved, but it's almost impossible seeing how much she interacts with her family.
  • She says that it has been happening for most of her life at this point, when she was younger she "wanted them to die" but now she's at a point in her life where she just wants them out.
  • Much later in the stream (at about 3h 34m, while reading superchats) she said she'd be willing to talk more in depth and in detail about this whole thing but she doesn't want there to be even a slight chance of the person in question to know about this because she's scared of what they might do. Says they have an incredibly short fuse.
If you remember, a while back she had to cancel one member stream because of this person. Back then she was really careful choosing her words, saying "everyone was safe now" and that she had to call the police, so who knows what this family member is capable of.

This was mainly all she said about the whole family situation, up until superchats she concentrated on playing the game while talking about stuff like being content with life, knowing what it is to truly be happy and how emotions "get in the way sometimes" and how she would love if she could turn them off at will. All that kind of existential talk.

Another couple of things she said:
  • "Random fun fact: I have cried before during stream, twice!" Once was during her Land Before Time watchalong, not sure about the other one.
  • She says that sometimes she stops speaking mid-sentence (on and off stream) and that's because she feels some stabbing pain in her heart, and she's just been living with it for 6-7 years. ????

TL;DR: Her family is an extremely important part of her life, she sends them more than half of what she earns. There's also an incredibly toxic family member who is constantly trying to make everyone in Kronii's family miserable and has been doing so for most of her life.

Last edited:

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
I'm normally a bit put off by busy designs but given these have arrived as a thematic set I'm kind of okay with the consistency.

I don't think Enna stalled because of management, though. If it was staff then they'd have more likely had them stream on the same day, or at least had some rhyme or reason to their stream times. Reimu and Millie were 10 hours apart and neither of those start times were the same as today's. Just seems like something Enna wanted to do or at least something Nina asked for as an individual because their stream times worked out that way.

braindoko

This is amazing. Her accent makes it even funnier and she's reverting to the level of english she had at debut. She also doesn't know the game mechanics so it's a big guess game
this is a pokemon stream. it is not suspicious. you should click on it 53-40 screenshot.png

Last edited:

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
This is amazing. Her accent makes it even funnier and she's reverting to the level of english she had at debut. She also doesn't know the game mechanics so it's a big guess game
Imagine you legitimately don't know what Pokemon is somehow and you play fucking Vietnamese Crystal as your first Pokemon game. That was probably a real situation back when this first existed.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Screenshot_20221127-150106-501.png
Seems Tenma wasn't the only one finding the joke a bit more than stale. Tbh they probably do need to make a lot of distance at this point because it's been taken over by people who, as she said, mostly seem to be riding on it being Pippas meme, but who aren't actually involved with phase connect. The longer Yabbits meme keeps going the higher the chance of blowback on Phase if things go wrong.

Plus, sorry guys but given the troon infestation the joke got stale after the first two voice changers imo

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Reimu is Queen of Hearts, Millie Queen of Clubs, Enna is Queen of Spades, and Nina is Queen of Diamonds

I can’t believe Anycolor would do this. They have corrupted our seiso idols. Truly just like VShojo
50244E71-B734-41A0-923D-22D2CF3484ED.png312AD944-10A3-4F84-886C-5A61151BBC2D.png74A40268-7976-443E-846A-C95FA0E38A7C.pngD08BE0A6-ACCA-4311-A53B-20E5426ED760.png

Faceless Waifu

Early Adopter
1669580077123.png
Okay, it looks rather neat. Long hair is cool

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
View attachment 6515
Seems Tenma wasn't the only one finding the joke a bit more than stale. Tbh they probably do need to make a lot of distance at this point because it's been taken over by people who, as she said, mostly seem to be riding on it being Pippas meme, but who aren't actually involved with phase connect. The longer Yabbits meme keeps going the higher the chance of blowback on Phase if things go wrong.

Plus, sorry guys but given the troon infestation the joke got stale after the first two voice changers imo
Pippa should just kill flavr at this point, she could make it into a joke like the company got raided by the feds or whatever, but she also gets to invalidate all of the tards using her characters and anyone trying to push the joke after that will just be ignored.
View attachment 6520
Okay, it looks rather neat. Long hair is cool
Wtf is up with her chest?

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
My favorite of the Ethyria outfits ngl.
Sobin.jpg
Nina1.jpegNina2.jpegNina3.jpegNina4.jpegNina5.jpeg

Nina6.jpeg

Nina7.jpeg

Last edited:

Faceless Waifu

Early Adopter
1669580333932.png
Huge hat from Millie and a huge chest tats

Also, knowing So-bin, I got this funny feeling that some confused dude gonna confused the new outfit for "a new Overlord character" So-bin drew.

Nina make it more bigger by sucking the boobs out of Reimu, Enna and Millie.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Kirsche has been talking about the FlaVR thing too. She says it's been abused and run into the ground and that people like Sena need to stop being FlaVR and move on with a completely new character.

thequ1eteye

Early Adopter
Kirsche has been talking about the FlaVR thing too. She says it's been abused and run into the ground and that people like Sena need to stop being FlaVR and move on with a completely new character.

Yeah, it's been run into the ground.

But at the same time, I wonder what has happened behind the scene.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Amazing design. Possibly my favorite out of all 4. Shitload of toggles too so she can keep things "fresh" by wearing one thing or taking off another.

Pippa should just kill flavr at this point, she could make it into a joke like the company got raided by the feds or whatever, but she also gets to invalidate all of the tards using her characters and anyone trying to push the joke after that will just be ignored.

Eventually, the joke will run to the ground. Honestly, Baker Girl and Home Depot are pretty great. Gen 2 seems like a bit too tryhard but maybe we get a gem in there. I don't think they should fully abandon the character or at least they should only do that once they look into making a new one around that concept. Eventually, drop the FlaVR name and do their own thing on the side.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Praid

Just another idiot
Yeah, it's been run into the ground.

But at the same time, I wonder what has happened behind the scene.
Probably exactly what Tenma is complaining about. People using the joke to contact PC talent unsolicited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom