"I apologize deepury, Sakana-san doesn't even have boobaa... but by the way he's eating he's gonna grow some soon"Tenma Maemi

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limkin

It's not like I was going to use opera in the first place, but autorunning streams in the background when I use it is definitely the major reason for everyone to not use this browser. It will murder your PC, your internet connection, and let them pretend that they have a popular mascot who is probably going to have 10-20 real viewers in her chat in a week

Topo Chico

Unironically the most romantic thing a woman has ever done for me.
Say jk right now, also that was a cute couple minutes how the both of you went back and forth about the Hitler arc

SomeRando

On one hand good on them for doing something other than the usual super generic bland way of corporate advertising but on the other hand I don't like the idea of vtubers who's entire persona is an ad

If this turns into a trend every corporations going to have their own consoomerism vtuber mascot for better and for worse

I can see it, if this proves popular, maybe we could eventually have official Coca-cola and Pepsi vtubers. It's weird as fuck to imagine but it would just be another way for a company to promote itself.

And like another user mentioned, we need that Walmart vtuber x Pippa collab :smugpipi:

There are theories (I think someone posted a whole exposé writeup on the homeland thread at some point detailing evidence) and the chances are not 0, Zen seems to be such a vain and dramahungry person that I struggle to imagine they would give up on using their real voice if they didn't know it would drive most of their cocksuckers away. The only reason "everyone on the internet" says it's a chick is because people in this community don't wanna face distasteful realities and just wanna consoom product.

I don't think Zen would become a 2-view or 3-view if he just streamed one day with his man voice instead of TTS. He wouldn't be the first guy to have a girl model, you have that Porcelain Maid guy that streams with a female model, and he has solid viewership. Some would leave for sure, but it wouldn't just be the destruction of Zen.

The Fextralife strat...scummy, but faking it till you make it can also work out. Twitch viewership numbers can be a bit of a rabbit hole though, there's a lot of fake views and bots involved.

Usually one of the best ways I've been able to tell is purely the chat interaction. If you're viewbotting that just inflates numbers, I've seen some have like 1k viewers but their chats are almost dead which is a pretty quick giveaway.

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

Bettel is live. Will Magni & Vesper show up on stream? Who knows.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Speaking of Kirsche she put up her donothon week 2 highlights comp

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Last edited:

TheOathbreakerTarvos

God's Strongest Dragoon

Pretty sure this was a huge issue a few months ago when a few streamers got called out for their embedded content autoplaying on certain websites.
As Zizara pointed out, Fextralife is known for this shit. It's why I avoid opening too many tabs on their wiki and close those tabs whenever I'm not reading.
It's not like I was going to use opera in the first place, but autorunning streams in the background when I use it is definitely the major reason for everyone to not use this browser. It will murder your PC, your internet connection, and let them pretend that they have a popular mascot who is probably going to have 10-20 real viewers in her chat in a week
I believe the belief was that it was autorunning the stream on the default homepage. If they are actually turbofags about this and have streams running no matter what, I have a hard time deciding what is worse: They're completely fucking over their browser users to viewbot or Opera has less than 50k browser users worldwide at any given point.

Idol's Juna is playing Baldur's Gate 3, she just got out of character creation a while ago

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Say jk right now, also that was a cute couple minutes how the both of you went back and forth about the Hitler arc
@The Proctor when are you debuting as a vtuber? Just wanna see the collab happen

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Wait, who made Ami cry? Who are we going to have to hunt down and kill?
Didn't see how it started, but she was wine-drunk and feeling like her content wasn't good enough and that she was afraid she was taking advantage of chat.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
French bunny is playing Taiko no Tatsujin with handcam right now

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

The Rrat

Early Adopter
This man just made a recording for his pastself saying he is dead. :whatastory:
He got a death threat hand-delivered to his moving horse-drawn carriage.
foto_no_exif (1).jpg

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
I can see it, if this proves popular, maybe we could eventually have official Coca-cola and Pepsi vtubers. It's weird as fuck to imagine but it would just be another way for a company to promote itself.

I just imagined Wendy's debuting a red-headed VTuber mascot, run by the people who also run their Twitter. That might actually be funny.

still wouldn't convince me to go there, though

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
If Proctor hasn't slid in Kirsche's DMs by now I'll be amazed.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
If we don't debut Pill-chan, soon, we are gonna fall by the wayside... where is our personal chuuba, Proctor? Where is that money going?

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
He wouldn't be the first guy to have a girl model, you have that Porcelain Maid guy that streams with a female model, and he has solid viewership.

In Kick's vtuber tag something like half of the streamers using female models will have male voices. Even the ones with relatively high numbers. You can make a little game out of guessing which stream will have a male voice just by looking at the thumbnail. (ProTip: Live2D = more likely to be female; 3D = more likely to be male for some reason).

braindoko

Wait, who made Ami cry? Who are we going to have to hunt down and kill? Also, why was Reimu crying? Is it related to her being back from vacation and really missing the other girls? Or is Niji being a black company again
Lol why you gotta jump the gun
Ami cried because she got drunk, that’s when she’s most emotional, then she started talking of her past and got reminded of her personal issues, nothing external.
She feels she regressed during the pandemic and became more closed off. She was happy again at the end when she remembered her buckos love her.

Reimu cried during a couple of old Shakira songs, I’m guessing she remembers sad stuff. Music is good at bringing back old memories

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

Caveat being I have literally never sought a romance before in my life for various reasons, like the dating pool being around the same level of Juniper's currently is unless I want a harpy wife who will have catfights in the street. Kirsche's nice because I can banter with her on roughly the same autistic level as a man without a 90% chance of phrasing one sentence wrong and getting the cold shoulder for a month while trying to figure out what triggered the woman moment.

God's Strongest Dragoon

If we don't debut Pill-chan, soon, we are gonna fall by the wayside... where is our personal chuuba, Proctor? Where is that money going?
  1. Fund Pill-chan vtuber model
  2. Find Japanese 2viewer woman
  3. Offer vtuber model with the promise that she'll receive free advertising on a vtuber forum with hundreds users that love to groom obscure 2viewers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom