"My biggest fear about going to public pools is to be fertile and to get pregnant by an ugly DNA carrier egg and get pregnant to anyone else who is not Seth 😖"Kattarina Qutie

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Why does twitch get so many fucking views? Is this the normie buff? How can a literal nobody get even HALF as many live viewers as the most popular agencies on the PLANET?!
I was gonna say that Opera probably auto-opens the tab on every browser, and according to Fish Bad, I was right.
Also, IIRC doesn't youtube drastically cut the actual number due to people using adblock or something? Like actual viewer numbers on youtube are generally almost double what is displayed, so a direct comparison to twitch numbers isn't really fair.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I was gonna say that Opera probably auto-opens the tab on every browser, and according to Fish Bad, I was right.
Also, IIRC doesn't youtube drastically cut the actual number due to people using adblock or something? Like actual viewer numbers on youtube are generally almost double what is displayed, so a direct comparison to twitch numbers isn't really fair.
Yeah, Youtube's CCV numbers are bullshit. Any time anyone runs a poll, it is like double the CCV.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
She's so fucking boring holy shit. I don't believe she'll keep most of those viewers. Within 6 months she'll be down to 1-2k viewers.

Edit:
Not surprising she's got this many viewers when her stream is automatically opened when you open opera GX. This is basically twitch-safe viewbotting/embed abusing.
View attachment 40905
She has a surprising amount of retention for the way she's promoted. I wonder if part of this project was Opera seeing whether they could use their browser to promote event livestreams in the future. I still believe she's going to fall off hard after a while, but unless she's not embedded in the browser, it might be rare for her to hit <5k.

View attachment 40906
Screenshot_20230819_165843_Brave.jpg
My GOAT Brave would never.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
I don't get it why is everyone bringing up this post, it sucks! It paints the situation heavily on her side:

"Abusive" online relationship, lol

She's an adult, don't you guys get tired of treating this adult woman as children?

Nothing more than a worry that even in the video she doesn't think it will happen.

"yelled" if you count turning the capslock on as yelling

Yep

I find it hard to feel bad for her in such a self-inflicted situation.
probably because no one else cared enough to make a better tl;dr

Horo7618

No one in particular

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
YT eliminates your live view if you are tabbed out. Also if you are watching multiple videos it only counts the one you're active in or started first. You can see this effect on 3d lives and karaoke streams, the viewer count will spike up during MC and talking sections, or during the merch promo, which is explained by people listening in the background tabbing back in.

YT also holds your live view for verification (which can take up to 48 hours) if your account is flagged as "low quality" which could mean anything from you've watched a video on loop too many times to you're watching multiple videos at once often to that you've journeyed from stream to stream too many times. For example there was a period after a YT update in Dec 2021 where account flagging got passed like a virus among the HoloJP fanbase because of a holiday karaoke relay they did - this was back before raiding - because users manually moving from one stream immediately to the next without using recommended features was considered "low quality" behavior. Caused enough of an outcry among basically all JP streamers that it got partially rolled back, but the feature still exists and I'm able to cause a fresh account to get flagged with certain behaviors.

Even now if you see a YT poll and 100% of viewers respond within 1-2 minutes whereas on a Twitch poll at most 30% of viewers respond within 5 minutes... it's because quite a lot of the YT viewers are held for verification or stuck in a permanent limbo because YT has decided they don't count.

Interestingly my testing has never proven that YT culls a live view due to ad block. It might do so for video views, possibly, but not for live views that I can tell.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
She's pretty good.

She's got a bunch of shorts posted the last couple months. These three stand out for me.:sanasmile:

Last edited:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist

braindoko

Tamagotchi woman 1 year anniversary starting
Today’s plan: Eating a lemon, doing the Carameldansen. She teased a less revealing Live2D

Last edited:

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
GX Aura is a retarded whore and I would not have a content viewing experience with her.

Fish bad

Resident Lateposter
She's good and that's a nice fancy MV too, Opera GX going hard promoting her.
I'm starting to believe they're planning to use the browser embed to promote big events in exchange for a bunch of money.

It would be hard to go to organizers to sell this kind of service if you didn't have a good idea of the viewership this could add, so they launched a vtuber so they can say "we took this random girl who had 200 viewers, now she has 50 000 viewers."

They wouldn't want to do this with a real person because their face would become associated with the brand, whereas a vtuber they can just change the "voice actress" without people noticing much of a difference. And you've got great potential for cross-promotion if you have the Opera brand account and Aura interact with the potential advertisement.

And all this time she exists as an advertisement for the browser.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
She's so fucking boring holy shit. I don't believe she'll keep most of those viewers. Within 6 months she'll be down to 1-2k viewers.
Seems to be the main complaint about Pandora. Never watched her, so I wouldn't know, though. Kind of a shame because I like her character model, but it's probably because I'm a sucker for heterochromia characters.

Utano Pandora, and if I remember right (I probably don't), I really didn't pay a huge amount of attention to it, she wasn't very nice to Lumi.
Was in the Lumi hate Discord, but didn't say too much in the two screenshots we have from it. Also didn't participate in the dumb drama back in April. However, a leaked screenshot involving Lumi talking to someone did seem to show she wasn't too happy with Pandora at the time either. I think she said something about having some info on Pandora that probably wouldn't reflect well on Pandora. However, this was over a year ago, and I don't think there's much more to it.

Speaking of Lumi, she just finished creating her character in Baldur's Gate 3. She created the guardian character to look like Gloomi, as well. She went with a Bard.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
She's embedded in the Opera GX default homepage, which also typically runs in the background when using Opera GX. So potentially all Opera GX installs are "watching" her.
The Fextralife strat...scummy, but faking it till you make it can also work out. Twitch viewership numbers can be a bit of a rabbit hole though, there's a lot of fake views and bots involved.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Some y'all forgetting that almost all of these women larping as anime woman have actual issues. If they didn't they wouldn't be larping as anime women. We also have the parasocial problem. For most of these women the people who understand them best is sometimes their chat. They don't have anyone else that they can vent to. She sounds a lot better now than she did at the start of the stream just from talking about. In true female fashion she presents a problem that she doesn't actually want fixed, just listened to.

Now after a lackluster defense of Tomoe, what the hell woman? This was clearly never a friendship. Burn your hand on this, remember that it hurts, and Goddamn learn from it.
I like Tomoe but holy fuck I want to slap her.

California can't even handle wildfires and power cuts, let alone a tropical storm/typhoon/hurricane. Can't wait to see how Grusome Newsom fucks this up.:amepopcorn:
When it comes to hurricanes the biggest problem is flooding, land slides and people just being retarded and being outside when they shouldnt. Vast majority of deaths come from people having shit hit them, falling off roof why trying to board up shit, trying to cross rivers or touching live downed power lines.

War criminal claims another victim

Edit:

Looks like he's live tweeting

I love this.

Huh?
When did that happen?

162tin.png
What the fuck did she do now? Did she call a rainbowsoup a femboy or something?

I'm sure I'm late and gay as usual but is zentreya a man? Everyone on the internet says its a chick but seeing Zen deflect when ever the question is brought up is a big red flag
Most of it comes from the voice reveal thing where the girl was acting like he was the dude and not the girl. Pretty sure they might have trooned out given all the spergouts and woman moments they have.

The debut of the opera gx mascot aka utana pandora is starting in roughly 10 min

Edit : starting now

Edit : seems to be broken? I cant even see it live?

I'm blocked so guess I won't be watching :deztheroom:

Not surprising she's got this many viewers when her stream is automatically opened when you open opera GX. This is basically twitch-safe viewbotting/embed abusing.
View attachment 40905
She has a surprising amount of retention for the way she's promoted. I wonder if part of this project was Opera seeing whether they could use their browser to promote event livestreams in the future. I still believe she's going to fall off hard after a while, but unless she's not embedded in the browser, it might be rare for her to hit <5k.

View attachment 40906
Pretty sure this was a huge issue a few months ago when a few streamers got called out for their embedded content autoplaying on certain websites.

I don't get it why is everyone bringing up this post, it sucks! It paints the situation heavily on her side:

"Abusive" online relationship, lol

She's an adult, don't you guys get tired of treating this adult woman as children?

Nothing more than a worry that even in the video she doesn't think it will happen.

"yelled" if you count turning the capslock on as yelling

Yep

I find it hard to feel bad for her in such a self-inflicted situation.
About 2 people that I know have my personal information. I fucked up and put it out there so I have to live with the fact that if that shit gets out, im partially to blame for it. Shit happens.

She's good and that's a nice fancy MV too, Opera GX going hard promoting her.
Its amazing what you can do when you get a company to advertise you. This is not me hating on Opera or on Pandora. This is me hating on every small corpo that just gave a girl a model and a brand and then just forgot about her.

>yesterday Ami cried
>now Reimu crying
Curse these anime women, I’m supposed to be dead inside for Christ’s sakeView attachment 40903
E: just saying they’re making me emotional, idk why you’re “meds”ing me :shiinastare:
Wait, who made Ami cry? Who are we going to have to hunt down and kill? Also, why was Reimu crying? Is it related to her being back from vacation and really missing the other girls? Or is Niji being a black company again and she's considering quitting but can't because she just bought a new house?

Was going to post this in the Korsche but since its Proctor Related....

This already happened in part because Proctor already fell in love with her.

Last edited:

Topo Chico

Was going to post this in the Korsche but since its Proctor Related....

Congrats to Proctor on his future engagement!

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
When it comes to hurricanes the biggest problem is flooding, land slides and people just being retarded
Yep...California's fucked, then.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom