"It's that fucking thing a-haw-ge (Ahegao) ah-how-gee, ah-haw-gay? ahoe-gee, oh whatever the fuck you say it, chat it's the orgasm face... the coomer face, oh goddamnit"Pipkin Pippa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
This worries me. They are going to oversaturate the market and start cannibalizing from their existing talents if they don't do things right.
They 100% want to be the English version of Hololive. It's a general rule in business the smaller younger businesses are more nimble and something we've definitely seen the last two years with the likes of Phase and Idol able to snag multiple sets of talents between one single HoloEn gen. The outlay in terms of VC isn't really that much, compare to setting up a small store for example: a vtuber's assets are far cheaper and the cost of a whole gen is less than the cost of inventory and renovations needed to run a convenience store.

I think Aviel sees this as an opportunity to establish something now while the market leader is dragging their heels, and for the small companies that actually maintain their talent we've seen surprisingly little movement of talents out of them. The nightmare of course is you can't establish a decent fanbase of your own and are eternally seen as second rung stepping stone to Hololive.

I think they're looking to replace niji in the medium term as the go-to nonHolo option. If the upcoming graduations from nijisanji prove true, I can see somewhat of a scenario where Aviel begins creeping and indenting in more and more, either pushing through with the shorts in youtube like Rin did or thru coomer-baiting like Yuko's doing. There are more options obviously.
Idol isn't oversaturating the market.

All the corps and indies are oversaturating the market.

What Aviel is trying to do is making his corp big enough that when a market contraction happens, it can survive and maybe even siphon off viewers from collapsing corps (again).

The right choice, IMO.

It's one thing to shotgun when you're running 100+ talents.

At less than twenty, further and quick growth is necessary to get the slice of life feel that gets people invested in the corp, rather than just individual talents going.

Doesn't explain ES, mind you. That's probably just Aviel going "WACTOR sucks and nobody else is trying, might as well give it a shot." Which honestly, is what he has already done before with HE.

I feel he's definitely targeting the areas where Holo is strong but not fully filling demand. The blatant coom-baiter, the shorts spammer, that all makes sense. ES is a good example of a perceived demand, which someone like Wactor has kind of proven, that the big companies move too cautiously to fulfill.

At some point the company will have its reckoning where they are moving too fast and have to slow down and develop processes. Whether it's some kind of internal drama bomb, poaching of talent to Holo/Niji, or the kind of copyright apocalypse that Holo barely survived, I'm certain that's coming for the small En corps. But the general startup business playbook is to push like crazy until you're forced to slow.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Lumi on vacation? Time for more Cuberlive drama. Account is protected so can't actually confirm. Also 2 threads got deleted, unsure what rule they break.
Hylo tweet: twitter.com/AyaneHylo/status/1688316627824041985

Delted threads:

Thread of the original comment that Hylo included in her post:
The "Hylo, stop posting your Lumi hate spam" is a meme for a reason. The lack of any evidence after ~1-2 years of this shit is such a fucking crock of shit. Unless she has actual evidence, she should post that or just shut the fuck up. Even the Commiecunt showed DMs. If Hylo was being even slightly truthful, she'd show those supposed DMs from Lumi that were mentioned in the 4chan post.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Lumi on vacation? Time for more Cuberlive drama. Account is protected so can't actually confirm. Also 2 threads got deleted, unsure what rule they break.
Hylo tweet: twitter.com/AyaneHylo/status/1688316627824041985

Delted threads:

quite convinient that an "anon" was able to post a long winded spiel that conviniently calls Loomi a lemon stealing whore (derogatory) and exonerates everyone else of any wrong-doing and it was screenshoted that quickly by Hylo

Bitch got a slight W where "everyone" (aka some vtweeters) called Loomi a whore for doing the model thing and had to delete em on a phase manager's orders but still seethe-posts from a protected account?

:menhera::menhera::menhera:

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Why is it that the other CL girls have managed to find new employment but this Hylo woman can only manage to samefag on 4chan and seethe on twitter?

God's Strongest Dragoon

Why is it that the other CL girls have managed to find new employment but this Hylo woman can only manage to samefag on 4chan and seethe on twitter?
Colossal bitch. Both mentally and physically.

dumb wings

Add on top of that there are people at Phase who are amazing judges of character. Tenma being one of them. If Tenma still loves Yellow Woman, I can't ignore that.
Wanting recites is one thing and I agree but trusting because someone is a good judge of character is bullshit especially if they have a strong incentive to get along like being in a vtuber company that owns your IP.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Airi has been streaming The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog for FIVE HOURS, and she's just starting the second chapter of the game. The point she's at would take you about 15-20 minutes in a regular playthrough, and it's a linear visual novel so it's not like there's a learning curve. What the fuck has she been doing?

Interesting, I know she's been hiding her face up (at least partially) until this point but now she's full fleshtuber?

Nyanners used to be pretty, once. The wall comes to everyone.

Edit: i hate to be in the same brainwave than a BRITISH

Rin, are you implying that someone from a (((certain demographic))) might be planning to control everything?

twitter.com/AyaneHylo/status/1688316627824041985
This is peak hoes mad shit, I do not trust a single word that comes out of Hylo's mouth, and would not be surprised if she wrote that post herself to make it look like someone else actually agreed with her.

Actually drop proof that Lumi out-femaled the others in Cyberlive, or get over it.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
They 100% want to be the English version of Hololive. It's a general rule in business the smaller younger businesses are more nimble and something we've definitely seen the last two years with the likes of Phase and Idol able to snag multiple sets of talents between one single HoloEn gen. The outlay in terms of VC isn't really that much, compare to setting up a small store for example: a vtuber's assets are far cheaper and the cost of a whole gen is less than the cost of inventory and renovations needed to run a convenience store.

I think Aviel sees this as an opportunity to establish something now while the market leader is dragging their heels, and for the small companies that actually maintain their talent we've seen surprisingly little movement of talents out of them. The nightmare of course is you can't establish a decent fanbase of your own and are eternally seen as second rung stepping stone to Hololive.

I feel he's definitely targeting the areas where Holo is strong but not fully filling demand. The blatant coom-baiter, the shorts spammer, that all makes sense. ES is a good example of a perceived demand, which someone like Wactor has kind of proven, that the big companies move too cautiously to fulfill.

At some point the company will have its reckoning where they are moving too fast and have to slow down and develop processes. Whether it's some kind of internal drama bomb, poaching of talent to Holo/Niji, or the kind of copyright apocalypse that Holo barely survived, I'm certain that's coming for the small En corps. But the general startup business playbook is to push like crazy until you're forced to slow.
I agree with your assessment, honestly if aviel plays his cards right he does have a chance to make it big in the west, however I don't think he will ever be as big as Holo/Niji, Japan is just that much stronger of a market when it comes to vtubers. He could become a (perceived) more approachable agency who (according to blind morons) doesn't have the red tape and nebulous ambitions of the giant corporations, but it is true that both Idol and phase won't be able to increase their weight class in the industry without some growing pains, you can't really be the "Hip and cool alternative" and also be a massive company with hundreds of employees. At some point both agencies will end up trying to cater to the more mainstream audience and end up sterilizing a lot of their edgier content and will alienate a lot of the outsiders who made them (like this website and /vt/).

God's Strongest Dragoon

Kalion

:)
What the fuck has she been doing?
She spent 30 minutes trying to find a side-profile fanart of Lia she could use to make Lia kiss Knuckles.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Pina Pengin is back from her hiatus

Serina celebrating monetization

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Hey spics in this Forum you should give it a try, you dont wanna make Aviel sad right?:smugmoona:
Eww no, imagine be in the same company with a BRITISH

But jokes apart, bad move Aviel now you are going to get flooded by the unfunny rat horde

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
The dipshit hasn't even been graduated for a month, and she still has to come back to start shit while giving zero evidence to back up her claim outside of "trust me, bro". Surely her or one of the others can produce something to back up her claims and prove all the harassment and untrue claims/stories wrong. It's honestly hilarious at this point. I hope she keeps going. She's graduated, so what does she have to lose at this point?

I'm not even dismissing the possibility that Lumi was a bitch back then. It really wouldn't shock me, but I want to see proof if she's going to keep bringing this up after over a year. The entire operation seemed like a mess, and we can see how well Aetheria went. At this point, unless the screenshots showed Lumi wanting to murder their dogs or mothers or something, I really don't even care if she was a bitch there because it seems like she wasn't the only one, and some of them still seem bitchy.

She goes on a tangent every 10 minutes, its great
She did mention she missed out on a lot while she was out sick, so it makes sense she wants to get her tangents with chat in.

:kiaragodno::selenpointandlaugh:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
*sigh* She's going to fuck up her voice again, isn't she? Goddammit, woof. We're not ready for the Final Pon.
Yeah, she should really be careful if she's still recovering. I get the frustration of not being able to stream properly for so long, especially since it affects her income, but throat problems can become worse over time so she should probably stick to shorter streams for a while at the very least.

In fairness this is probably a pre-emptive measure to avoid bigotry accusations and/or fulfil some diversity technicality, like when job ads in the papers have a "we are an equal opportunity employer" line for seemingly no reason.

As long as they don't bring in any woke/overly weeb-ish staff to oversee casting it shouldn't be a problem, there's always going to be at least five women to take on, so they can safely pass on the blue-hair applicants whose audition video is a rant about Hogwarts Legacy without raising questions.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
In fairness this is probably a pre-emptive measure to avoid bigotry accusations and/or fulfil some diversity technicality, like when job ads in the papers have a "we are an equal opportunity employer" line for seemingly no reason.
Is kinda refreshing Cover approach to this the "IF YOU HAVE /HAD A PENIS YOU ARE NOT WELCOME IN HOLOLIVE FUCK OFF" kind of thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom