"Barnacles are the foakin' herpes of the sea"Zumi Dokumi

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Maybe Ver Vermillion was also a typo and Niji management ran with it without a chance to change it

soap suds

Impossible. I refuse to believe an actual human being came up with Doppio Dropscythe and Lezalius Bandage.

Niji has to be using an online name generator. There is no other acceptable reason.
Some people have outright said they picked their names. I don't know if any of the girls have mentioned it, but plenty of the guys said they chose their own names. Fulgur said he picked his because of lore, Uki based his on a song, Mysta chose his because it's a pun, etc. There have also been people who have been given names, like Kyo, but I don't know if the two people you listed are the latter or the former. I know Vesalius was an actual doctor or something so maybe that's where he got it.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Impossible. I refuse to believe an actual human being came up with Doppio Dropscythe and Lezalius Bandage.

Niji has to be using an online name generator. There is no other acceptable reason.

I've been DMing tabletop games for 22 years, and I've met a lot of people with very awful naming sense or just love maximum cringe names.

Some people have outright said they picked their names. I don't know if any of the girls have mentioned it, but plenty of the guys said they chose their own names. Fulgur said he picked his because of lore, Uki based his on a song, Mysta chose his because it's a pun, etc. There have also been people who have been given names, like Kyo, but I don't know if the two people you listed are the latter or the former. I know Vesalius was an actual doctor or something so maybe that's where he got it.

Guess it could be something like "Here's what we have for you to use unless you have something else", and then we have the duality of maximum cringe "DOPPIO DROPSCYTHE" and absolute disinterest "Ver... Vermillion".

RiverBear

I've been DMing tabletop games for 22 years, and I've met a lot of people with very awful naming sense or just love maximum cringe names.

Guess it could be something like "Here's what we have for you to use unless you have something else", and then we have the duality of maximum cringe "DOPPIO DROPSCYTHE" and absolute disinterest "Ver... Vermillion".
It's also possible that they only got to choose their first name - last name was strictly Nijisanji

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
Amusing schizo rat
Screenshot_20230726_095454_Samsung Internet.jpg

Saturnus

haha it's unou
I refuse to believe an actual human being came up with Doppio Dropscythe
I am again here to say the dude is a massive chuuni. If he was given control of naming himself it isn't very surprising he went with that name, honestly.

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
So wait, she forgot the letter, so it became her name? Why would Anycolour just change the name because some dumb broad typoed? Are we to understand that the streamers are the ones responsible for their names?

They do have Voicemod listed in their audio equipment setup on Twitch, so definitely.
Eh doesn't mean much Dizzy uses voice mod too and she's confirmed female that and I've watched Nagi for awhile she's got that notably female neurotisim
That being said @SandyCat whats your take?

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Biggest menhera of HoloLive? She's perfect, if true.
She has massive shoes to fill, if she wants to live up to her most menhera senpai.

Sora playing HoloCure for the first time on her new PC.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Nice to see that my "6 month PL blackout with all non family members" rrat that I posted on /vt/ literally once during the Zaion nuking of Nijisanji is now being repeated and people are including it to bolster their own rrats. Fucking SEAnigs will believe anything if you present it like it's common knowledge.

EDIT: To provide added context, I was fucking around and trolling Nijifags while they were in full meltdown. One of the rrats I threw out was that because Zaion dropped the nuke, Niji is going to stop being nice and sue her for breaking the 6 month blackout rule in the contract. When someone asked me about it, I pretended it was common knowledge by saying some stupid shit like, "you know, the one about them only being allowed to talk to family. Mysta mentioned he couldn't talk to any friends once he got hired because of it". Jesus /vt/ is dumb as fuck. It was literally the same troll tactic I used here with the "Nina is commie posting more recently" rrat.
You're famous bro
1690380235295.png:SelenHAHAhere:

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Info for the Fan meeting of Shiyu released to the public
29 and 30 of July
TL later

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Going through Senas stream from last night she confirmed that she is in fact...
R E A L

Saturnus

haha it's unou

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

Stunned But Dumb

Mehk

Something I saw this morning that was interesting. At the beginning of the month RPR raided into Lam's chat and it seems a unicorn complained about him doing so. It made him go on a spiel about unicorns and it seems he thinks the hololive fans are less toxic than compared to niji fans when it deals with doing stuff with their oshi's.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
Something I saw this morning that was interesting. At the beginning of the month RPR raided into Lam's chat and it seems a unicorn complained about him doing so. It made him go on a spiel about unicorns and it seems he thinks the hololive fans are less toxic than compared to niji fans when it deals with doing stuff with their oshi's.

Most of the Unicorn problems in Hololive are blamed into the members themselves.Its either the fault of HoloStars or the Hololive member was being a whore.They ALMOST never blame outsiders

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Cross-posting this from the HoloAdvent thread since I think this is too interesting not to share here.

Apparently the "Project Director" of HoloEN posted this on LinkedIn.

What I'm more interested is if we know anything more about this person. From his profile page he joined Cover at December 2022, Omega's replacement perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom