"Yay, beating women!"Pipkin Pippa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BroadcastStorm

lemme just put these switches together...
Thats a nope, there were a couple yabs where talents had their filepath dox their previous lives, iirc even Fauna revealed her PC username still had "Lilly" on her filepath
Thanks, I thought I had remembered file path leaks too (it's inevitable with some games -- my favorite is Arma which blasts your game path to the whole server if you fail a file integrity check), but the only things I could remember off the top of my head was Axel's Chrome leak screenshot and the install looked pretty... default, you could say. Ame's alt+tab screenshot didn't show anything outside of running programs so that wasn't very helpful. This whole thing about there being a VPN or some kind of connection back to Cover that they need to involve their IT team to fix is very nebulous, that just seemed like the first thing I'd think that would jump out if someone looked at a connection log or whatever.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Great point, actually. I forgot all about that because I use local accounts exclusively and I mostly operate in a domain environment. So that does destroy most of that argument (I guess it could be said that there is no way to verify that it was actually active if they hadn't checked the BitLocker settings)

You could be onto something there, it isn't unheard of for the more "enterprise"-y VPN solutions to employ endpoint policies for AV and things like that. If we wanna build the full rrat, I'd say something like lower on the totem pole IT person at Cover tries to work through it with Vesper, they find whatever isn't in compliance & they fix it, he streams and talks about it, talking about it involving the admins, someone gets curious and actually reads the logs and finds whatever went on, and they decide to rail him for it. As a result, they audit everyone, and whoops, there's Magni too.

I suppose without more details it's pure speculation what the "violation" would be. My understanding was talents use their own hardware? If I had to guess, I'd say it's something like, they're supposed to use a separate Windows profile or even install, and they saw sign ins from Whatever-PC\OtherUsername instead of Holo-1234\NoirVesper, or something like that. Maybe that separate install is supposed to have endpoint monitoring or something and they think they're trying to skirt it. Maybe they triggered a data exfiltration rule or something. I figure it would have to be something that's a little more deliberate, rather than something dumb like "oh you didn't have the right AV installed".

Dunno, the more I type it the more it feels like a big rrat, but I do think the timing of his lockout stuff is curious.
I am not as familiar with Google Workspace's capabilties on this front than I am with 365's, but maybe some kind of dataloss prevention policy got put in place that fucked up some kind of setup he had going? With how tech-savvy Vesper is, he could have had some kind of personal sync system or something going that was not approved by Cover and saving sensitive files to it instead of Google Drive like the rest of the talents do.

But yeah, that is full rrat territory lol. Again, I think that would be putting too much faith in Cover to make smart ITSec decisions. While more companies have been getting better about it after COVID, especially ones who are highly sensitive to data leaks like Cover, it also costs money and can be a pain. But who knows, maybe it was pushed by an investor?

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
From tonights Pippa stream someone made an AI cover of Fishman singing Ocean Man

Short

God Damn the Sun

The Peanut Gallery

Early Adopter
This Saturday Grimmi is hosting her Mario Kart tournament

She mentioned on stream today the hotsauces ranged from 1000 scovilles to 1 million scovilles and everyone but two have gotten their sauces.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
NOW she's watching it

The freaking out and hit desk at the voice, “jizzle”, and lag is so hilarious. Also she said she’s doing a redebut tomorrow, understandable. She was entertaining but kneecapped by lag and nerves, I feel bad for her. She was on the verge of tears the entire time and missed Ren’s debut because she was crying so much and talking to staff, freaking out about if she could even continue streaming (also she checked Twitter afterwards which was a huge mistake). Poor Scarlet ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

She confirmed she was supposed to be Scarlet but forgot the t while emailing Anycolor so it became “Scarle”.

Last edited:

The Peanut Gallery

Early Adopter

Add another one to the fedi pile(albeit a roommate account)

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Moona came back today. Not ready to stream yet but she'll be hanging out on Twitter at least.
17661.jpg
17660.jpg

I'm glad she got some much-needed family time :sanasmile:
17663.jpg

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

The Peanut Gallery

Early Adopter

cucurut

Tenma collabs with Zone

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Tenma collabs with Zone

I cannot fucking stand that voice modulation Zone's using, it's genuinely difficult to understand what they're saying.

EDIT: Oh they're talking about furry hentai, it's fine, the voice mod can stay on.

Last edited:

2DUM4U

Early Adopter

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
KasVoxanna worked on an original with someone else and honestly, it reminds me of Nightwish. Shit's amazing. Even more amazing knowing that it doesn't come from some huge Vtuber with a shitload of money and resources.

1690352623531.png

Last edited:

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

The Peanut Gallery

Early Adopter
Tenma collabs with Zone

I'm surprised that management was fine with Zone considering her previous works. Maybe there's hope for a Melody collab after all.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom