"Unfortunately, I have to tell you very important thing in hololive...All PON senpais always say that 'I'm a genius, elite, kou-seinou.' but I still believe you...www"A-chan

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
"I've been here for two years, we're reaching no-fucks-given territory."
Inshallah, the Pink woman will call someone a jiggaboo on stream.

What she really means is that she'll probably start doing more experimental, wacky shit, because there's gonna be enough people in EN now that she no longer has to give a fuck about trying to appeal to everyone.

Expect more eroge and old VNs.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter

And Isa finished her drawing from today's stream:

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Mysta recommended Bettel as a vtuber to watch after his departure.

Bettel's response.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
461 people on the asylum rn, most likely because of EN3
Is that a new record?

Last edited:

Horo7618

No one in particular
Should IRyS still be streaming????

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Yeah, I can buy that it's just 5 Callis after that Persona 3-ass track.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Off collab with mooms and the rrat started

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Off collab with mooms and the rrat started

Council pushed for the 2-day debut period that we saw with Tempus onward after how stressful they found their back-to-back one.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Nothing to report. This is indeed the first time they have extended their break for reasons we can only speculate. JP Bros seem to be under the belief that it has something to do with the fact that Japan is experiencing its worst heatwave ever recorded and is being done as a preventative measure. Even though you just be over 18 to join Nijisanji, VTA does allow minors to enrol, so they may not want to take any risks on getting them to and from studio.

As for the face reveal, that is 3rd Gen Ninomiya Mera, whose face was leaked the day she debuted by Chinese 'fans' of her PL as she effectively graduated from Bilibili and threw them away in pursuit of Nijisanji. VTA have been hiding her face for months, it's nothing new, and the irony that Kris the 'Holosimp' inadvertently sides with bugmen to try and stick it to Anycolor isn't lost on me. To the surprise of approximately no one, Kris doesn't know what he's talking about.
Oh yeah, the heat wave thing. I still find myself forgetting that VTA always do offline classes aside of weekly talent stream training they do. Still, thanks for the informations regardless, especially regarding the bilibili related stuff (since that I don't really know much about). Of course it has to be chinese to have more schizo-like shenanigans like that.

And yes, Kris is a retard.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Please use the following thread for discussion surrounding EN3:

BroadcastStorm

lemme just put these switches together...
Cover is likely utilizing mobile device management for their work-controlled phones. They would be able to wipe the phones remotely, so that is a non-issue.
Even if we assume there is an MDM remote-wipe beyond the standard Find My iPhone fare (we haven't had a lot of glimpses into the competency of Cover's IT folks that I can recall), being signed in to Cover accounts on something like a personal laptop could still pose an issue. I know they use Google Workspace and most users of that do not employ any sort of device restriction (I don't even recall if they offer it without a 3rd party IdP?). Something innocuous like signing into the Windows mail client or Outlook could cache all emails locally which might be retrieved even with the account being locked and/or password reset. Throw something like "oh yeah, I might've downloaded X, Y & Z internal documents" or proprietary software, and they might freak out about it. Most people do not use BitLocker, and as far as I know, Windows does not support remote wipe without something like Intune MDM, which a personal device would not be enrolled in.

Not saying I think that the security investigation rrat is most likely, though. I could see a scenario like that, and a later finding that they violated policy regarding separation of work accounts & personal devices resulting in an unannounced suspension, maybe. But by now if it was purely a security thing they should have had devices locked down, account passwords reset, and any remote access revoked. If they thought there was a risk of anything affecting the rest of the Cover network, by that logic very few people should have access to any Cover accounts right now, which is obviously not the case. But I suppose that requires the assumption that they are competent and making logical decisions...

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Most people do not use BitLocker
If people use Microsoft accounts, which most people do at this point, from my experience, Bitlocker is enabled by default now. Even on Home versions of Windows.

You are right, though. MDM is one thing, but they likely don't have a decent management system for BYOD and personal devices. I almost wonder if that was the lockout issue that Vesper had earlier that week (as in they started enabling policies and it broke shit because Vesper's usage was out of compliance) and that caused them to find out him and Magni were doing something they should not have been doing on personal devices, rather than lost devices.

It shouldn't take this long to resecure their accounts if there was a security scare, otherwise. Then again, maybe I am being too generous toward's Cover's IT management.

DaddyChill

What the hell is even that!
Early Adopter
Set grandpa free cover

God's Strongest Dragoon

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
This is probably overshadowed by EN3 news but today is also Minase Rio's birthday and he's doing a 726-minutes (12hours and 6mins) karaoke stream to celebrate it

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
This artist has done Hololive stuff before and has been on a Rin kick recently. Highly NSFW.

I wonder how many others will make the association. God help us if she's British too.

BroadcastStorm

lemme just put these switches together...
If people use Microsoft accounts, which most people do at this point, from my experience, Bitlocker is enabled by default now. Even on Home versions of Windows.
Great point, actually. I forgot all about that because I use local accounts exclusively and I mostly operate in a domain environment. So that does destroy most of that argument (I guess it could be said that there is no way to verify that it was actually active if they hadn't checked the BitLocker settings)

I almost wonder if that was the lockout issue that Vesper had earlier that week (as in they started enabling policies and it broke shit because Vesper's usage was out of compliance) and that caused them to find out him and Magni were doing something they should not have been doing on personal devices, rather than lost devices.
You could be onto something there, it isn't unheard of for the more "enterprise"-y VPN solutions to employ endpoint policies for AV and things like that. If we wanna build the full rrat, I'd say something like lower on the totem pole IT person at Cover tries to work through it with Vesper, they find whatever isn't in compliance & they fix it, he streams and talks about it, talking about it involving the admins, someone gets curious and actually reads the logs and finds whatever went on, and they decide to rail him for it. As a result, they audit everyone, and whoops, there's Magni too.

I suppose without more details it's pure speculation what the "violation" would be. My understanding was talents use their own hardware? If I had to guess, I'd say it's something like, they're supposed to use a separate Windows profile or even install, and they saw sign ins from Whatever-PC\OtherUsername instead of Holo-1234\NoirVesper, or something like that. Maybe that separate install is supposed to have endpoint monitoring or something and they think they're trying to skirt it. Maybe they triggered a data exfiltration rule or something. I figure it would have to be something that's a little more deliberate, rather than something dumb like "oh you didn't have the right AV installed".

Dunno, the more I type it the more it feels like a big rrat, but I do think the timing of his lockout stuff is curious.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
they're supposed to use a separate Windows profile or even install, and they saw sign ins from Whatever-PC\OtherUsername instead of Holo-1234\NoirVesper, or something like that.
Thats a nope, there were a couple yabs where talents had their filepath dox their previous lives, iirc even Fauna revealed her PC username still had "Lilly" or "Lemon Leaf" on her filepath

Afaik the holos do still use any PC they can for streaming, so either they get the OK or they dont actually use that involved of a setup

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom