"I am Dorink!!!"Inugami Korone

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MostlyALurker777

My rrat is that he tried to groom IRyS but he ended up getting the boot before he could pull a Mel's manager
Excuse me, WHAT? This is the first time I'm hearing about Mel's manager grooming her, what exactly happened?

Fish bad

Resident Lateposter
There is an argument to be made that post-2015 politics has shifted the overton window in such weird ways principles from core liberal theory are now considered ultra-conservative, like meritocracy and judging people based on their own actions and not the stereotypes of whatever groups they belong to.
Carl does his "liberals, amirite?" podcast to Gen Xers who were probably shoved out the overton window themselves within the past 10 years, I don't hate him but I'm not really interested in his political analysis.
That's not what I'm talking about. His politics legitimately changed. He's putting much more importance on family and community, and rejects a lot of the social media trends and calls out basically anything that strays from the straight and narrow path from 100 years ago.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
There is an argument to be made that post-2015 politics has shifted the overton window in such weird ways principles from core liberal theory are now considered ultra-conservative, like meritocracy and judging people based on their own actions and not the stereotypes of whatever groups they belong to.
Carl does his "liberals, amirite?" podcast to Gen Xers who were probably shoved out the overton window themselves within the past 10 years, I don't hate him but I'm not really interested in his political analysis.
That's not what I'm talking about. His politics legitimately changed. He's putting much more importance on family and community, and rejects a lot of the social media trends and calls out basically anything that strays from the straight and narrow path from 100 years ago.
Please use the matrix server or KF for further discussion about this

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Small updates from Subaru's member karaoke today:

• Had 5 hours of dance practice yesterday, 4 hours of recordings today and a meeting with management right after. Very sleepy and casual vibes today.
  • Picked songs outside her comfort zone but fumbled on words cause of the above (Stellar Stellar, Idol, Shoujo Rei, etc)
  • Her vocal range and pitch improvements were still very noticeable
  • Gave a sample on what her voice will sound like for her Blue Journey songs
  • Likened her Blue Journey voice to a half-dead male Subaru. Or Shinji. Still slightly worried about how fans will react but chat was supportive (I personally liked it as well. Very different from the usual shuba.)
  • Has a special stream idea for tomorrow. Might get Towa and Nene involved too.
  • She's thinking about doing a Mephisto cover thanks to Towa. Sang a bit of it for chat and I'm genuinely begging for her to do the full version.
  • Blue Journey outfit cute:
476849612.jpg

Limkin

They scraped this report off the site btw. The link gives error 404. Also if my memory serves me right what Mel said about it is a very different story from this. They essentially told her to fuck off, they will not fire him, and if she goes public with it she will tarnish her reputation forever. It reached the point where he wasn't just grooming but outright asked for sexual services and she went nuclear, disregarding any potential consequences and fully prepared to sacrifice her career to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else again. At this point Cover was big enough where they couldn't sack her before it's too late and they had to frantically scramble some kind of PR response. This whole shitfest is why she set for herself the support role and is often mentioned as "everyone's first collab partner". She would rather help others than diverge the focus to herself, as it gave her nothing but trouble
Edit: Found it. The guy is replying with translation to her statement

She also had a stream later after return where she went into more details, but that's 3 years ago and I am not digging into it. The main reason it went so hard is because she wasn't vagueposting on roommate, she did it on main and in very strict "I am sick and tired of Cover's incompetence" manner. Also even if you read the official statement, depending on translation they didn't say he got fired, only that he wasn't her manager anymore. Implying a groomer (potentially) was still a manager of other members and they were cool with it

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

foto_no_exif (6) (2).png

Man, Bae must have dug deep in the discount bin to find this gam--WHAT THE FUCK?!
foto_no_exif (5).png

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
What happened to Lia?

She rescheduled her members stream last night because Licker (one of her cats) was ill.

I choose to see this as a sign of an ongoing process rather than any decision having already been made :takocope:

I can't be optimistic about this. Whatever investigation there was is already over. Magni and my boy Vesper screwed the pooch unforgivably and have already been fired. Everyone's scrambling to get the changes to the anniversary stream and merch into place before the announcement is made. Theories about lost luggage or Iranian superhackers are just cope. Come to terms with it now, and the shock from the official announcement won't hurt as bad.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
They scraped this report off the site btw. The link gives error 404. Also if my memory serves me right what Mel said about it is a very different story from this. They essentially told her to fuck off, they will not fire him, and if she goes public with it she will tarnish her reputation forever. It reached the point where he wasn't just grooming but outright asked for sexual services and she went nuclear, disregarding any potential consequences and fully prepared to sacrifice her career to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else again. At this point Cover was big enough where they couldn't sack her before it's too late and they had to frantically scramble some kind of PR response. This whole shitfest is why she set for herself the support role and is often mentioned as "everyone's first collab partner". She would rather help others than diverge the focus to herself, as it gave her nothing but trouble
I didnt knew of vtubers back when the drama happened so im not gonna call this bullshit but if you can find proof of this it would be very appreciated

MostlyALurker777

Did Mel's Rm say this or something? I doubt she would have said it outright unless she did and there's a record of it somewhere.

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
I didnt knew of vtubers back when the drama happened so im not gonna call this bullshit but if you can find proof of this it would be very appreciated
From what I remember of that time, wasn't that when Cover still had a lot of managers and overall middle-management directly hired from the regular idol industry?
People from there are practically trained from the start to look the other way with anything sexual/illegal.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Did Mel's Rm say this or something? I doubt she would have said it outright unless she did and there's a record of it somewhere.
What, you guys don't trust the words of Hero Hei or Narukami?? Why not?

Awoogers

didnt know about this part i just knew that mel went radio silent then legal actions were involved

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Theories about lost luggage or Iranian superhackers are just cope. Come to terms with it now, and the shock from the official announcement won't hurt as bad.
Its just an announcement with valid speculation behind it man, no need to be kinda dramatic about it and call every non-negative idea "muh cope", its kind of what happens whenever a vauge corpospeak shit happens, could always swing both ways

MostlyALurker777

You're right I should just believe anything someone says on the internet not matter who they are, got me there...

Awoogers

do you really want to trust the proto dramatubers

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

Rough translation :

we can agree it was managed like shit and cover are at fault for taking way too long but
From what I remember of that time, wasn't that when Cover still had a lot of managers and overall middle-management directly hired from the regular idol industry?
People from there are practically trained from the start to look the other way with anything sexual/illegal.

Its pretty much that with japanese companies.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Someone made a game about picking out either Moom's or Gura's voice lol

SandyCat

Frog enjoyer
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom