"Guys I went to take a shower and I'm so terminally online that all I brought was my phone it's the only thing I have now I'm just sitting here naked and wet and I don't have anything"Mozumi Pichi

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limkin

I got bored and decided to dig a little bit into that chinese scam vtuber agency MEEM Afaer because twitter kept recommending me it. Turns out, they are an honest to god real agency that does exist and have active members. If you go through their list of partners and google PinkLionFunFair, you can see it's weibo page with latest post as of November 2022 but earlier they repost an announcement for hiring for new vtuber agency from MEEM Afaer in May. The account itself seems to be flagged as not being a real company (this is where not speaking chinese comes to bite, translation says "The company's qualifications have not been reviewed annually" and from little I know weibo has sort of official verification for business accounts) but it could just be weird translation for being inactive for all I know. The agency's account was made in January 2022 and one of the latest announcement is them appearing at a chinese EXPO with their full roster to perform. If you click on one of the talent's accounts you can find bilibili link that has videos dating all the way to October 2022 and livestreams starting from January 2023. So while their non-chinese part of internet presence would lead you to believe this is an elaborate scam this just seems to be lack of expanding into market. On chinese part they have full time members with 4+ hours livestreams every other day. This isn't to say they will not try to fuck you over if you apply but at least they are real

TL;DR: MEEM Afaer seems to be a legitimate chinese vtuber agency with real people having proper streams and even appearing at irl events. But with zero understanding of western market and massively overselling themselves

Links: https://weibo.com/pinklionfunfair
MEEM Afaer https://weibo.com/u/7737297479
Member https://weibo.com/u/7788571897
video channel https://space.bilibili.com/504822817/channel/seriesdetail?sid=2967331

I have no idea if anyone gives a shit and you can't even apply to them anymore but on off-chance they make it on global market it's about as much as I am willing to dig into it

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Spooder playing a 1990 Rare game

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Probably Koyori's first stream on Saturday, speedrunning naming the 47 Japanese prefectures at 11AM JST.

Suzullan released a cover song earlier.

Inui Toko as well.

What?

Wait, what?
Here's a timestamped hint.

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Not quite sure if they'd have the ability to go into NijiEN, especially since VTA is pretty much purely a JP project; she's probably more likely to be in a JP position similar to Oliver. Whenever she graduates VTA though, she's pretty much free to go wherever she wants, graduates aren't obligated to go straight into Niji. Also just watched that stream, and yeah, she sounds about as native as you can get as a JP. How likely is she to be haafu like Oliver?
Actually, as of July 3, VTA is no longer exclusive to Japanese applicants, as shown in the FAQ section of their updated website.

They are, however, nebulously still expected to attend three evening classes a week in Tokyo, so unless the academy is starting to experiment with long-distance tutoring then I think the actual feasibility of this new change is still pretty low. Still worth keeping an eye on in case that changes.

As for the new girl, she shows a diagram indicating that Japanese was the 3rd language she learned, and that she grew up with English followed by learning Indonesian because it's what her friends spoke. So I think she's probably born in New Zealand (she said she could speak with the accent better when she was younger), moved to Indonesia, then settled in Japan, or something like that.

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい

Anime Fan

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Actually, as of July 3, VTA is no longer exclusive to Japanese applicants, as shown in the FAQ section of their updated website.

They are, however, nebulously still expected to attend three evening classes a week in Tokyo, so unless the academy is starting to experiment with long-distance tutoring then I think the actual feasibility of this new change is still pretty low. Still worth keeping an eye on in case that changes.

As for the new girl, she shows a diagram indicating that Japanese was the 3rd language she learned, and that she grew up with English followed by learning Indonesian because it's what her friends spoke. So I think she's probably born in New Zealand (she said she could speak with the accent better when she was younger), moved to Indonesia, then settled in Japan, or something like that.
She has a nice voice and design, so I hope she gets through and makes it to the EN side.

dumb wings

Tried looking to see if this was posted and didn't see anything. Someone posted the first pic saying it's kirsche / kirschey. Second pic is the context looking at discord currently.
Kirsche.jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-07 092120.png

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
>aren't the feet nice guys?
derpessedagain.png
No. Happy kfab Birthday anyways.

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
There are no poor people in Nantucket. Gura's family must be loaded, even moreso than calli's.
Median home values in Nantucket is $3million and average home value is $4.5million as of end-of-last year. Assuming they actually live on the island and she wasn't just there for seasonal work and lives somewhere else off in the Cape, bitch shouldn't even need to do vtubing/streaming. She's likely more from around the Cape Cod area.

Now to invoke the TVA Civil War. Which jelly is the best for PB&J? I'm personally more a fan of Orange Marmalade or Apricot Jam than the typical grape/strawberry.
Those aren't that bad. Cherry's more my jam.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

Moth Enjoyer V2

Bug girl lover
Shiina birthday stream starting

So the art stuff she was pilled away for was cause she has to design the daki merch which must be intresting since shes doing the lewd side too
Tried looking to see if this was posted and didn't see anything. Someone posted the first pic saying it's kirsche / kirschey. Second pic is the context looking at discord currently.
I believe it Kirsche does sound a little on the chunky end

Also my wife is going through metamorphosis in 2 hours

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
someone get a wellness check on our dear leader. It all now makes sense why she wanted a horse cock dildo at minimum :Vesper-UNHINGED:
With the fat jokes out of the way, I still like kirshe but come on girl, ease up on the food intake.

Horo7618

No one in particular
Median home values in Nantucket is $3million and average home value is $4.5million as of end-of-last year. Assuming they actually live on the island and she wasn't just there for seasonal work and lives somewhere else off in the Cape, bitch shouldn't even need to do vtubing/streaming. She's likely more from around the Cape Cod area.
Yeah but having a valuable home doesn't mean you have a ton of income. If they're really a Nantucket family (vs someone who moved in recently) they might have millions tied up in a house with no easy way of generating an income from it besides selling, which would also mean leaving the island basically - it can be a sort of catch 22 with real estate appreciation like that....

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
someone get a wellness check on our dear leader. It all now makes sense why she wanted a horse cock dildo at minimum
With the fat jokes out of the way, I still like kirshe but come on girl, ease up on the food intake.
:architect:ACCELERATE :architect:

Ensok

Early Adopter

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Whenever the topic of discussion loops to The Wigger Of Nippon being fat, someone's picture leaks out and she looks downright fit in comparison.

It's all part of the pink woman global conspiracy.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
someone get a wellness check on our dear leader. It all now makes sense why she wanted a horse cock dildo at minimum :Vesper-UNHINGED:
Stereotypes do exist for a reason

:Vesper-UNHINGED:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom