"I am writing to bring to your attention a personal issue that has developed due to the online announcements made on a white page with the header 'announcement of graduation' and a body of text referring to a virtual YouTuber resigning, graduating or retiring. I have developed a trauma towards these types of announcements and they have caused me great anxiety every time I see a white page with text."vt Anon

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pioneer

AZKi will have her birthday live this Saturday, at 19:00 JST. There will be a members-only encore. All of her previous lives were not pre-recorded, so this one will probably be live too.
【GeoGuessr】Travelling America with Calliope!【ホロライブ _ AZKi _ 森カリオペ】 1-17-40 screenshot.png
:sanasmile:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I mean being a big spender at OffKai vs having some sort of a spot at Anime Expo definitely looks weird from the outside. It’s like choosing to sponsor a little league team when you could be a vendor at the World Series. If you’re deep enough into vtubers to attend a convention focused on them like OffKai then you’ve probably already heard of Phase Connect and made up your mind about them. Anime Expo just has so many people milling about it seems like a no brainer. Especially so if they did share a booth with Kawa and were next to the booth of hottest chinkshit gacha game in the past couple of years.

Offkai helped Fishman meet a bunch of goals for conventions appearances that Anime Expo wouldn't:
1) He got to showcase his talents with concert performances, meet and greets, panels, and so forth. None of these would have happened had they concentrated on Anime Expo, he would have gotten a small booth and no extras instead.
2) Got to showcase Wonder AI
3) Made good money off merch sales
4) Extremely targeted advertising of talents to people already predisposed to watching vtubers

Sakana chose to be a big fish in a small pond, rather than a small fish at a big pond. Maybe one day Phase Connect will have a large booth at Anime Expo and be an important player there, but what we have right now is pretty good for a small vtubing corpo with limited resources. I think Fishman made the right choice.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
Since you losers are too busy white-knighting a dramatuber in a dramatuber slapfight over Froot, of all things (she's not gonna sleep with any of you
Thank god for that. Best news I've heard all day.

desudesu

Offkai helped Fishman meet a bunch of goals for conventions appearances that Anime Expo wouldn't:
1) He got to showcase his talents with concert performances, meet and greets, panels, and so forth. None of these would have happened had they concentrated on Anime Expo, he would have gotten a small booth and no extras instead.
4) Extremely targeted advertising of talents to people already predisposed to watching vtubers

Sakana chose to be a big fish in a small pond, rather than a small fish at a big pond. Maybe one day Phase Connect will have a large booth at Anime Expo and be an important player there, but what we have right now is pretty good for a small vtubing corpo with limited resources. I think Fishman made the right choice.
Hopefully he got a refund for the shiina fuck up

Attachments

• 1686966210404818.png
    1686966210404818.png
    426.8 KB · Views: 81

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
While Chumbuds starve for content, Gura enjoyed a date with Okayu, thanks to Kiaras help.

View attachment 33304

A better translation of the last part would be "Even though I live in Japan, Kiara was more dependable and showed us around. Eh???" Which is just pointing out the obvious at this point.

Didn't expect the Kiara-Gura deepening friendship in 2023 but I'm down.

Limkin

I don't think Nina will release any kind of manifesto, but it would be interesting to know how exactly the whole collab bs went about. Sayu joined a company too late to know anything about it, but Nina was already in when everyone was guessing and spewing rrats around who blocked who.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

A better translation of the last part would be "Even though I live in Japan, Kiara was more dependable and showed us around. Eh???" Which is just pointing out the obvious at this point.

Didn't expect the Kiara-Gura deepening friendship in 2023 but I'm down.

If I remember right, Okayu isn't from Tokyo and doesn't necessarily know the area that well? That might be part of it.

I don't think Nina will release any kind of manifesto, but it would be interesting to know how exactly the whole collab bs went about. Sayu joined a company too late to know anything about it, but Nina was already in when everyone was guessing and spewing rrats around who blocked who.

Watch it turn out a couple of managers from both sides didn't like each other from some online BS 5+ years ago. Considering Billy Mitchell exists in the world, it's entirely possible they could be childhood enemies or something. But I expect it'll be quite petty.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Sayu: Hey guys, I want to have a stream where we have viewer submitted stories about their bad worker/job experiences. Let me know!
Screenshot_20230629-104933~2.png
Sayu: So first up is this story submitted by viewer "Schmina Schmosaka!"

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Sayu: Hey guys, I want to have a stream where we have viewer submitted stories about their bad worker/job experiences. Let me know!
1688054034872.png

Sayu: So first up is this story submitted by viewer "Zaion!"
Fixed.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Why Pippa will not do shit:
1) Literally nothing to gain from this
2) Shes extremelly nonconfrontational
3) Muumi wont let her
4) She will get heat from twitter freaks for siding with evil racist
5) She often overlooks the flaws of anyone she looks up to
6) It will take time she would rather spend hugging Colgate bodypillow
7) She isn't a moral grandstander for freedom and everything holy, and will not act like one
People pretending pippa is some kween edgelord who will fight for le freedom of speech and against the globohomo for the glory of the free internet is never not gonna be funny. She's a bit edgy and says some controversial shit on stream, that's it.

This.
Honestly from what I saw (and I wasn't really paying attention) phase probably had the biggest presence at that event and was the most talked about, even more so than idol, their biggest realistic competitor, which used jewish gold to buy their relevance, or niji which was barely present or holo which had 0 presence at all.
I think fish made a good decision here.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
AZKi's birthday, Hololive Summer, Subaru's birthday and the HoloEN concert all on the same weekend. What a blessed way to start July

:polkasticks:
Coco's departure was the start of July. Please let this be the month of Haachama's return (should be on summer break now in Uni). Please.

Horo7618

No one in particular
Kiara Twitter space about it. They also went to Karaoke together. Gura and Okayu both sang Ado songs... "I bet you guys wish you could hear them sing Odo (the Ado song)."
There was plenty of cute SameToriNeko stuff in the twit-space, but it started off with her being seriously upset (like almost crying) about not being able to get 3D studio time any time soon for her now-not-happening-near-her-birthday live, which also shot down plans to do a music video and album promotion stuff....

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
There was plenty of cute SameToriNeko stuff in the twit-space, but it started off with her being seriously upset (like almost crying) about not being able to get 3D studio time any time soon for her now-not-happening-near-her-birthday live, which also shot down plans to do a music video and album promotion stuff....
Yeaaah I missed that part. I get it, but everyone is having issues with Lives being delayed, not just her.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL

UberSoldat

Shitpost account with nearly a million followers posted this lel

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom