"WAMY"Momosuzu Nene

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Isn't Tenma supposed to be in a bathtub under 200ccs of horse tranquilizers and ice to recuperate her operation?
I wasn't paying a lot of attention in the beginning but she talked about her post-op stuff in the like 30-40min zatsu she did before she started played.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Is this shit of Your mother being a white knight that believes you can do no wrong a British thing? or is her mother just a fucking retard?
It can't be a British thing because this woman exists and has been throwing her daughter under the bus since the day she was born.
26123.png

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Been watching a little bit of that 2view girl who was cosplaying Gura at Offkai. She was talking about how she's been deliberately setting up her Twitch tags to get intentionally hate raided, and decided she needs "more LGBTs" before mocking their ridiculously long acronym. Now she's laughing hysterically at homeless people and how they shit in plastic bags and how California has a church that puts up razor wire to keep them off the stoop. Might be one to keep an eye on, it's been a fun time.

Necro is really good at talking about random shit and having a conversation with chat. Pretty comfy as she draws.

It's the exact opposite; she clearly doesn't love them. Unconditional acceptance, praise, 'you never do anything wrong', 'you are perfect no matter what' parenting is the opposite of love and is one of the absolute most horrible ways to treat your children. It's like horse-shoe theory of abusive parenting.

For proof, just look how her children turned out.
That doesn't mean she doesn't love em. Parents say and do stupid shit all the time thinking they are doing the best even in the long run they end up harming their kids. Thats how you get helicopter parents.

Final Fantasy, since 7, has been the originator of the "Playstation Story Game". The Cinematics and Songs mattered a lot more than the game itself. The problem they ran into is being really bland while also taking forever to release. They development hell'd themselves into the situation they ended up in. Yoshi-P forced them back into a decent cadence, production timelines and making it about cinematics and set pieces.
11 was online 12 was fairly great but heavily underrated, 13 had like 5 variants and they all sucked. 14 was online again and 15 was whatever. Its been like 20 years since the last good FF.

WeTawks

A little bit of vTubing spilling out into other sub cultures and in this case, the FGC. I wonder what other Asian women in that community turned vTubers besides Shuano(girl who cheated on NorCal player GC Yoshi) and Mogu?
Screenshot_20230625_175504_PurpleTV.png

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
14 was online again
14 is a really good singleplayer story-game with a lot of co-op dungeons and fun minigames you can play alone or with other people

The online part is just so people can ERP in your dungeons, but Square is working hard to add AI companions so you can play 90% of the game without ever interacting with one of the specimens that make up the FFXIV community.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter

Act quickly if you want! You know it's gonna sell out damn quick.

Haha, yay, another chance at an IRyS badge, how many do I buy this time...:annoyedpippa:

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

Virgil's graduation stream (waiting room). Given that it's going to be early in the morning, I'm definitely not watching it live, but I'll probably check it out later. Never seen them before.

God's Strongest Dragoon

After her crusade against the frogs, Tenma is finally bothering to play the story. Unfortunately it has been so long since she played the story, she has no idea where to go and doesn't know how to read the map. She's not even suppose to be in the Fort until like 2-3 story beats later.
14 is a really good singleplayer story-game with a lot of co-op dungeons and fun minigames you can play alone or with other people

The online part is just so people can ERP in your dungeons, but Square is working hard to add AI companions so you can play 90% of the game without ever interacting with one of the specimens that make up the FFXIV community.
It's fascinating to see the veil finally drop and people have started to recognize how degenerate the FF14 community is. Retail WoW is just the same and it's one of the major reasons why a lot of people flocked back to Classic WoW when it started but that also became overwhelmed with the same type of people. I've pretty much sworn off MMOs altogether largely because like the greater internet community, the online gaming community is flooded with the worst kind of people because people never bothered to gatekeep those freaks out.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
For the people going to the concert someone organized a Fan Meet-up and the only important part its the one where you can trade merch (for the badges)
1687743373342.png

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
It's fascinating to see the veil finally drop and people have started to recognize how degenerate the FF14 community is. Retail WoW is just the same and it's one of the major reasons why a lot of people flocked back to Classic WoW when it started but that also became overwhelmed with the same type of people. I've pretty much sworn off MMOs altogether largely because like the greater internet community, the online gaming community is flooded with the worst kind of people because people never bothered to gatekeep those freaks out.
Playing on the US servers was the worst fucking mistake I made for 14.

"Oh, I'll play with my friends, and it'll be easier to talk to randoms if they're not yelling at me in Polish or German"
Turns out everyone is a fucking troon, extremely easily offended, and aggressively unfunny in that characteristic upper-class American redditor way.
I could've just had racism on EU.

httn

Hag enthusiast
Spidermom has returned from her weekend away, instantly starts streaming. :holohag::hololove:

Is this shit of Your mother being a white knight that believes you can do no wrong a British thing? or is her mother just a fucking retard?
It's a chav thing. All her tweets read like a British version of "Froot a good girl, she dindu nuffin".

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
After her crusade against the frogs, Tenma is finally bothering to play the story. Unfortunately it has been so long since she played the story, she has no idea where to go and doesn't know how to read the map. She's not even suppose to be in the Fort until like 2-3 story beats later.

> starting to
My yamanba, this has never been a secret. When the most worksafe Lallafel you know RPs as a rug, you know there is some :koboharam:shit going on under the surface.

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.

"Oh, I'll play with my friends, and it'll be easier to talk to randoms if they're not yelling at me in Polish or German"
Turns out everyone is a fucking troon, extremely easily offended, and aggressively unfunny in that characteristic upper-class American redditor way.

Once upon a time I joined an FC. I was immediately told I was not allowed to speak in FC chat until I'd completed my intake. You know what that entailed? I had to go to the guild hall, go to some femboy male Mithra's office, and listen to him RP an interview and rainbow diversity training after some snide comments about how I was just wearing armor instead of having a casual glamour for such an occasion. My max height blond-haired blue-eyed Elvaan didn't humor that shit and got kicked out immediately. FF14 is an amazing game ruined by the people that play it.

Anyway Home Depot Woman is going to be in her workshop.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
A little bit of vTubing spilling out into other sub cultures and in this case, the FGC. I wonder what other Asian women in that community turned vTubers besides Shuano(girl who cheated on NorCal player GC Yoshi) and Mogu?
View attachment 32612

Not really surprising since the communities overlap due to Anime Fighting Games being a thing. What surprised me more was seeing Holo signs in wrasslin events.

Also unsurprisingly due to the success of yesterday's event a second one is already in the works.

Last edited:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Duh. Sakana is maintaining a harem. A broken-saddened girls harem.

I think you mistake Harem for "Containment Vessel". I honestly think he's more trapped in there than they are. Need to cast a line to get the fish out.

Hmm, I feel the opposite. A big streamer shouldn't need donations; they're already successful, and they have multiple avenues to get money if they need it - memberships, merch, sponsors. Whereas for a small streamer it could make the difference between being able to continue or not, and they'll have much less membership/ad income to start with or maybe not even be monetised, the admin work for merch etc. could be daunting (they probably don't have a manager)...

Like, if a busker passes around the hat that's fine, whereas if a proper celeb does it then it's rather trashy IMO.

It's the same effect as giving to smaller charities. You can have more of an impact than the ones that are mostly there to defray taxes for the wealthy.

Something that separates vtubing from other forms of online entertainment is just how aggressively monetised it's been since day one, and I put this down to two factors: the industry's dominated by corpos with business interests rather than hobbyists-turned-professionals, and the 'stigma' associated with monetisation had mostly died before vtubing became mainstream.

The former matters because new vtubers are taking inspiration from the corpo talents they look up to, and audiences expect donating money or gifts in exchange for on-stream shoutouts to be part of the experience; corpos set the path, and new indies simply follow it.

The latter is an especially big factor because the risk of backlash that used to exist for monetisation doesn't exist any more, hell a lot of younger fans would have never experienced a time when a content creator would be shamed for making money off their work. Every form of monetisation, be that Adsense/fan donations/brand deals/Patreon/merch/Twitch bits etc. had its own period where anyone trying it would be accused of selling out or e-begging for a while before the overall population realised they didn't care that much any more, but that's all over now; it's the norm, and it's socially acceptable to run a stream as a business from the start so people are more inclined to think "fuck it, why not?".

A few years ago I'd have probably thought posting donation links while streaming to an audience of five people was cringe, but nowadays after seeing the vtuber community in action and how donations don't really affect the flow of a small stream that much I can't really blame amateur streamers for wanting a bit of extra cash in their pocket.

I remember all of the cycles with the start of Patreon and other monetization stuff. It was so, so stupid. If you're doing content, you're doing that in lieu of other work. Yes, it might be a hobby, but entertainment is an entire industry and people make a living. Even the basic merch was a bit sticking point to what would become the Tumblr > Insane set. They were arguing some purity nonsense when nearly every organization across the planet has merch. It's likely every school you've ever gone to had some merch to sell, at some point, during the year. Heck, my school had t-shirts for every department.

If you're doing business, you have to recognize you're doing business and act as such. That was a lot of the issues of the early Online Videos days. Most early creators never wanted to grow up and get better.

I have a friend that is hard anti to FFXIV. I didn't really get the reasoning until I had some interactions with some of the folks coming out of that MMO space. There's so many degenerate hugboxes developed around that game. I don't even want to know what happens on those discord servers. It looks like a solid game that I'd be interested in, but, man, that community is a hard filter.

For a fantasy MMO, after a Realm Reborn, it strikes me as being too accessible. As a result, it doesn't filter out those that can't play a game properly, so the appeal is RPing. That's when it all goes down hill.

A funny part of the MMO space is Warframe. What's funny about it is that it's deeply hard to communicate while actually playing the game, and the default location is solo instance of your ship. It's a very "light" MMO, and as a result the community is really good. Because you can't communicate. (I guess language was always the primary human error?)

Of course, the end game there is to make a very pretty look and stand in some of the few communal spaces. As far as end games go for games, there's a lot worse.

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

AYO THIS NIGGA IS HAVING A MAJOR RETARD MOMENT

It's not actually Pippa though. Tits aren't big enough, compared to the fursuit pic.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
cn3-removebg-preview.png
Coni has issued a pre-emptive jihad against anyone who might draw her in a diaper. I support this.
Also Coni is streaming

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

AYO THIS NIGGA IS HAVING A MAJOR RETARD MOMENT

It's not actually Pippa though. Tits aren't big enough, compared to the fursuit pic.

Wait, there was a fursuit pic. Now I gotta see this, lol

Spergatory

Early Adopter

soap suds

Pomu just mentioned that she probably won't get her home 3D this year, but next year is always a possibility. They needed to update or model or something, but since there is so much 3D stuff going on she's been put on the backburner for now.

The home models do need work though. Elira's home 3D didn't even have her fangs, but it is sad that they're being put on the backburner. I get being busy with 3D stuff since they just put out something with DMM TV and all the concerts they've been having, but I wish they didn't tease her with the home 3D and then take it away before she could enjoy it. It sounded like there was a slim possibility that she could get it within the year, but she doesn't seem to have hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom