"I am the experiment! Not the scientist!"Eimi Isami

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negzana

Relistened to Lui's new MV today and I really hope she does more of this. She could be Hololive's main metal singer. She has the voice, taste in aesthetics, and theming for it. Song has a heavy drum rift in the middle and it's a breath of fresh air from the typical jpop done by vtubers. Up there with Aki in uniqueness.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I’m going to be honest. I think there’s a ton of people here who just suck. Not most, but it’s more than I’m used to.
Motherfucker, you just aint in the Christmas spirit and that is very triggering

View attachment 32594
I don't recall it being on the farms when I looked during debuts but I hope that Roca gets time to adjust to her new found fame before people start digging for her. She's suddenly got near 30k people interested in her so hopefully she has time take this into consideration and make any changes. I think she's been amazing and easily my favorite Idol streamer.
:polkasticks:
I'd consider her if she wasn't Dutch

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Was Chapipi (now Roca?) ever facedoxed or is her opsec solid?
chasesaysnodoxing.PNG

I don't recall it being on the farms when I looked during debuts but I hope that Roca gets time to adjust to her new found fame before people start digging for her. She's suddenly got near 30k people interested in her so hopefully she has time take this into consideration and make any changes. I think she's been amazing and easily my favorite Idol streamer.
:polkasticks:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

My god, you act like FF hasn't been AAA since FF7. FF has never been a deep series in both combat mechanics nor story. The only difference between FF now and back on Playstation is it uses an action combat system. Its strengths have always lied in its presentation, world-building, and characters. Nothing else was all that important.
Final Fantasy, since 7, has been the originator of the "Playstation Story Game". The Cinematics and Songs mattered a lot more than the game itself. The problem they ran into is being really bland while also taking forever to release. They development hell'd themselves into the situation they ended up in. Yoshi-P forced them back into a decent cadence, production timelines and making it about cinematics and set pieces.

Glad to see Tenma is alive. She seems little medicated, still. And she was high on meds when she threatened the audio guy at Offkai. heh

Tightpinch

>Be Shiki (Prism Project)
>Say you have a special announcement at the end of the stream
>End of stream
>Tell viewers that show is over
>everyone leaves
>Mods/other Prism talents have to step in and tell viewers not to leave because there really is an announcement
Shiki, why are you this retarded.
View attachment 32595
Shiki is a Sony Artist now and has a single coming. Also got a record deal in the works
The year of the Sony push

Bug Eater

Shiki is a Sony Artist now and has a single coming. Also got a record deal in the works
I'm glad to hear that they're finally making use of her talent, she's up there with the best of the best as far as EN singing goes (even though the song I'm posting is JP)

RiverBear

Don't know if anyone posted this yet, but this is apparently Gundou's new channel
1687739703731.png

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
I’m going to be honest. I think there’s a ton of people here who just suck. Not most, but it’s more than I’m used to.

Unironically the best thing you can do is seek the buddha, and if you meet the buddha kill him. (Not literally, it's an expression which implies perfection cannot exist, and if you think you've found it it's an illusion. You can always be seeking to improve yourself.)

Hurt people, hurt people. This forum and communities which swell around these girls are all almost always "hurt people." Bitter people. They seek comfort in their idols and lash out at others. They're here and there for entertainment and lols because life is hard. Loneliness is tougher still.

Do not hold on to your anger, it isn't hurting anyone but yourself. And that's why people so easily troll you. You're an easy target, you're gullible, and far too trusting, people get under your skin, you lash out and you make them feel better because they ruined your day, but you yourself feel worse for it.

Become as water Nolan. It is better to conquer the self than win a thousand battles. Then victory is yours and no one can take that from you.

:Roboco-MEMENOD:

Clip Taxes:

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Unironically the best thing you can do is seek the buddha, and if you meet the buddha kill him. (Not literally, it's an expression which implies perfection cannot exist, and if you think you've found it it's an illusion. You can always be seeking to improve yourself.)

Hurt people, hurt people. This forum and communities which swell around these girls are all almost always "hurt people." Bitter people. They seek comfort in their idols and lash out at others. They're here and there for entertainment and lols because life is hard. Loneliness is tougher still.

Do not hold on to your anger, it isn't hurting anyone but yourself. And that's why people so easily troll you. You're an easy target, you're gullible, and far too trusting, people get under your skin, you lash out and you make them feel better because they ruined your day, but you yourself feel worse for it.

Become as water Nolan. It is better to conquer the self than win a thousand battles. Then victory is yours and no one can take that from you.

:Roboco-MEMENOD:
Damn, that was really touching. Thanks a lot.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter

Homobeggars btfo

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
Pink Woman is playing FFXVI tonight, and I can't recommend the game enough. Ignore the journalists and reviewers, I'm nearly at my limit in writing an autistic essay about how they're wrong in the video games thread, the only thing preventing me is this headache. Anyway, support Mori, one of HoloLive EN's most consistent talents, and please help her not work herself to death:

An actually good Final Fantasy? Shirley, you jest!
Tenma just started a Gorilla stream of Jedi Survivor

Isn't Tenma supposed to be in a bathtub under 200ccs of horse tranquilizers and ice to recuperate her operation?

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Duh. Sakana is maintaining a harem. A broken-saddened girls harem.
He can't keep them broken and profitable if some chad rolls up and fixes his entire harem.

pururun

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter

Act quickly if you want! You know it's gonna sell out damn quick.

Also have some more clips cuz tonight is slow.

bothyourhouses

I've been noticing a lot of new Vtubers that have throne and donation links. I can understand if say a big streamer has those but It comes off as presumptuous (at least to me) when a literal who is trying to shill money when they haven't done anything.
Hmm, I feel the opposite. A big streamer shouldn't need donations; they're already successful, and they have multiple avenues to get money if they need it - memberships, merch, sponsors. Whereas for a small streamer it could make the difference between being able to continue or not, and they'll have much less membership/ad income to start with or maybe not even be monetised, the admin work for merch etc. could be daunting (they probably don't have a manager)...

Like, if a busker passes around the hat that's fine, whereas if a proper celeb does it then it's rather trashy IMO.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Lately I've been trying to branch out and find more 1-2 views to watch and I've been noticing a lot of new Vtubers that have throne and donation links. I can understand if say a big streamer has those but It comes off as presumptuous (at least to me) when a literal who is trying to shill money when they haven't done anything.

I understand that people do get into streaming / vtubing for the money as foolish as that may be and I sympathize with wanting to get compensation for providing a service be that entertainment, stimulation, or comfort. But seeing someone right off the bat asking for money just rubs me the wrong way for some reason.
Perhaps it's because I remember how it used to be, when content creators online would make things just for fun and not for ad revenue bucks. But those days are long gone I suppose.
Something that separates vtubing from other forms of online entertainment is just how aggressively monetised it's been since day one, and I put this down to two factors: the industry's dominated by corpos with business interests rather than hobbyists-turned-professionals, and the 'stigma' associated with monetisation had mostly died before vtubing became mainstream.

The former matters because new vtubers are taking inspiration from the corpo talents they look up to, and audiences expect donating money or gifts in exchange for on-stream shoutouts to be part of the experience; corpos set the path, and new indies simply follow it.

The latter is an especially big factor because the risk of backlash that used to exist for monetisation doesn't exist any more, hell a lot of younger fans would have never experienced a time when a content creator would be shamed for making money off their work. Every form of monetisation, be that Adsense/fan donations/brand deals/Patreon/merch/Twitch bits etc. had its own period where anyone trying it would be accused of selling out or e-begging for a while before the overall population realised they didn't care that much any more, but that's all over now; it's the norm, and it's socially acceptable to run a stream as a business from the start so people are more inclined to think "fuck it, why not?".

A few years ago I'd have probably thought posting donation links while streaming to an audience of five people was cringe, but nowadays after seeing the vtuber community in action and how donations don't really affect the flow of a small stream that much I can't really blame amateur streamers for wanting a bit of extra cash in their pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom