Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Please watch one of the very few reasons I still keep up with Niji in anyway shape or form

Man, it is great seeing Nornis still doing good even after Akko left.
They released a new song too.

Really beautiful.

Pioneer

Surely these musical appearances with real crowd will be streamed with high production quality value for us kagain-nikki, right, right?....
I bought a streaming ticket for her 15th anniversary live in september last year, since she made the effort to put it on an oversea friendly website. (It wasn't the case for the one in june.)
Your comment about production value is probably about this, but it was just a blurry cam. I understand why, but I'm not sure I would pay again for more of this.
blur.jpg

I just want to see more concerts from her as AZKi. :painpeko:

Anime Fan

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Vesper beat dingo to be the first HoloStars(EN talent?) to say gangbang in character

bless his autistic boomer heart

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Vesper beat dingo to be the first HoloStars(EN talent?) to say gangbang in character

that mcgangbang caught me off guard good one ves

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

He's taking Kiara and all 557 of their kids out to dinner at Micky Dees.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
These recent SF6 clips of Korone has been a riot. Great to see her having a blast with people outside of the Holosphere.

Also I'm sick of IDOL covers as much as the next dude but seeing this was a pleasant surprise. It's been almost 2 years since Fuji Aoi released a cover.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
I believe i can fly
I Believe i can LOVE Lapu Chan
View attachment 32186

I'm convinced this is just a Laplace alt using DeepL.

It's been about 3 years since I dipped my toes into the abyss rabbit hole and I find myself drawn more towards smaller VTubers. I like following indies and small corpo VTubers. I get the appeal of most bigger VTubers but I can't seem to follow or catch up with them as much as I do with smaller VTubers. So to those who prefer following 1-2view indies and small corpo VTubers, why do you follow them more closely than the big guys and girls in the industry? Is there something appealing in them that makes you want to root for them more than the already well-established ones in the industry? Do the smaller communities around these chuubas make you want to be a part of the cheering squad? Or... Do you want to end up grooming some poor 1-2view indie into becoming your own chatterbox. I'd be interested to hear your opinions and insights.

It reminds me of the days when Lyrica was still an indie. I wasn't interested in joining community servers but for some reason I did and I got involved in her small community server (Which was also shared with Shannon's community. They were sharing the same server). I had lots of fun, even though I was already late to the party. And I tried my best to keep up with the happenings around the community and the antics of Lyrica. It felt nice to be involved in laughing at dumb shit, chaotic conversations, and cheering on the little indies that could.

But when they graduated and moved on to Nijisanji, I only went to their debuts and I rarely caught any of their streams. I'm glad they found greener pastures but the magic was just... gone by then. I also got busier during those times so both of them just went to the back of my head. I do follow their accounts but that's it. I haven't joined any fancords after their debuts. But still, I'm glad they got a chance to finally hit it big. And ultimately, that's what matters. Even though the coziness of being a smaller VTuber and having a small community surrounding them has long since disappeared.

Clip tax:

There's a mental transition that occurs most of the time when someone goes from a 1-2view into even a modest corpo that turns more into a character or a performer than really being true to themselves. It's understandable given the nature of a semi-performance entertainment avenue, but for one of the few mediums where there's an avenue of communication with the performer I like to make use of that. With the size of some corpos, you can't really 'talk' with them, you just have to throw statements into the churning sea of grey and hope you get spotted unless you're enough of an attention seeking fag to spend real money to trauma dump. I do live chat in corpo streams now and then, but I only make efforts to watch a small handful of them live, otherwise it's all VODs. I spend 90% of the time just listening anyway aside from the occasional line in chat, so the experience doesn't change that much for me to not be there during the stream. There's definitely times though when I'm watching a VOD and I turn to my media PC to type something as a reaction to the VOD and after a second I have that moment of "Wait I'm retarded this is 4 days old".

With smaller indies, you can actually talk with them due to smaller, slower chats and that makes the chat experience a lot more enjoyable if they're really able to engage with it. Indies also can get away with playing things that corpos have to sit on their hands for. I don't know if anyone in a corp's got go ahead on FFXVI already but you'd be damned sure that everyone else that doesn't have to fellate Japanese IP rights autism is all over that shit right now, same for whenever FF7 Rebirth fires off. Watching the same loop of whatever corpos have access to because of rights wankery can get stale even as someone that unironically likes watching Minecraft buildautism. Through the small communities around some indies I've also met some good folks I've enjoyed roping into some MP shit and hanging out with, meeting up with and doing things with. I can even thank it all for my current relationship, which started as little more than some back-and-forth real-time shitposting in chat. It's also gotten me to step into streaming finally after being on the fence for the better part of a decade, and now all my small indie watches are becoming contemporaries that I can possibly reach out to work with, since right now I'm not terribly interested in growth.

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
There is something very wrong with this woman.

1687559097362171.png

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Ensok

Early Adopter
I'm convinced this is just a Laplace alt using DeepL.
I could see Laplace doing something like that but probably not here. Would be funny though.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Seems like Shiina's been having some fun with this whole twitter episode

I've noticed that for the last few shorts I've watched, Shiina "loops" her shorts around on eachother. Like, she starts her short with: "My Yugioh Credit Card is the most embarrassing thing I own", and ends with "you might say..." which goes straight back into the start to make a complete sentence. It's actually quite clever.

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

Tomoe Umari is live and is teaching people how to be a horse.

However I’m going to save you all the time of watching a funny horse girl teach you and just tell you the answer. You just sing this.

That simple.

Kalion

:)
I've noticed that for the last few shorts I've watched, Shiina "loops" her shorts around on eachother. Like, she starts her short with: "My Yugioh Credit Card is the most embarrassing thing I own", and ends with "you might say..." which goes straight back into the start to make a complete sentence. It's actually quite clever.
Rin does the same thing with her shorts. I imagine it's the meta so kids and idiots watch it two or three times before they realize it loops, pumping up the watch hours and gaming the algo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom