"There's nothing that pairs better than Linkin Park with a good Dragonball Z AMV"Amiya Aranha

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Can't help but laugh at it, it was such an idiotic way to die.
Imagine being so stupid that you look at the "sub" and assume everything will be okay.
Now I ain't no engineer but if I someone told me to dive deep inside that thing, I'd run for the hills.

There has been a good amount of people simply laughing at their deaths because they were rich people.
The true reason to laugh should be that they were rich, and incredibly dumb.
You can also laugh cause it's yet another example of the left eating their own and the "genius" billionaire made his team out of diversity hires cause he didn't want "50 year old white men cause that's not inspiring"

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Someone is using Shiina as an example of why vtubers aren't funny:
That Short was meant to be a mildly amusing tale of one short old lady showing solidarity to another short old lady, right?
To be fair, that short is not in my top 10 Beanut shorts but I know the REAL problem with it....
EditorYouHadOneJOB.PNG
I see this I click off! You see this you click off!

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Koyori had an announcement in her Friday morning stream: she got a cat.

1687545988698.png

lol at the Photoshop and the towels while leaving in the giant Mew plush.

braindoko

Charlemagne

The Eternal Lurker

German Lolime is continuing her Scotland CK2 game, she is currently trying to put down an Irish revolt and retake a speratist state at the same time before she drives England from the Isles.

Punished Lurker

It's been about 3 years since I dipped my toes into the abyss rabbit hole and I find myself drawn more towards smaller VTubers. I like following indies and small corpo VTubers. I get the appeal of most bigger VTubers but I can't seem to follow or catch up with them as much as I do with smaller VTubers. So to those who prefer following 1-2view indies and small corpo VTubers, why do you follow them more closely than the big guys and girls in the industry? Is there something appealing in them that makes you want to root for them more than the already well-established ones in the industry? Do the smaller communities around these chuubas make you want to be a part of the cheering squad? Or... Do you want to end up grooming some poor 1-2view indie into becoming your own chatterbox. I'd be interested to hear your opinions and insights.

It reminds me of the days when Lyrica was still an indie. I wasn't interested in joining community servers but for some reason I did and I got involved in her small community server (Which was also shared with Shannon's community. They were sharing the same server). I had lots of fun, even though I was already late to the party. And I tried my best to keep up with the happenings around the community and the antics of Lyrica. It felt nice to be involved in laughing at dumb shit, chaotic conversations, and cheering on the little indies that could.

But when they graduated and moved on to Nijisanji, I only went to their debuts and I rarely caught any of their streams. I'm glad they found greener pastures but the magic was just... gone by then. I also got busier during those times so both of them just went to the back of my head. I do follow their accounts but that's it. I haven't joined any fancords after their debuts. But still, I'm glad they got a chance to finally hit it big. And ultimately, that's what matters. Even though the coziness of being a smaller VTuber and having a small community surrounding them has long since disappeared.

Clip tax:

I also got into the rabbit hole around 3 years ago, and I think I might be having a similar yet different experience. For the longest time I only followed hololive talents, and maybe some streams from Niji and clips from Vshojo or other big indies. Part of the reason being that because my internet is kind of shit, watching Twitch livestreams were kind of impossible because of the stuttering, so I watched and still watch only on youtube, leaving visibility for only the bigger corpo Vtubers. But at the end of last year I really got into Nijisanji EN and fell even deeper into the Vtuber hole than I already was, learning about smaller channels and creators and seeing small companies like Idol and EIEN appear. For now I am still mainly watching Niji livers but I have been trying to hang around smaller channels because the chat being slower and allowing more interactions is something I really like, but I still haven't found a small creator I could "oshi" or one that caught my interest for long enough.

Also part of the reason I have kept watching NijiEN is Lyrica's reincarnation, I don't know how she was before but I really enjoy her current content, she's really funny and I like to keep up with what's happening with her, to the point I really regret not watching or finding her before, both before and after her reincarnation. If you don't mind me asking, how was she before she moved to Nijisanji? Did she have any changes in her content or personality, or is it mostly the same?

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Also part of the reason I have kept watching NijiEN is Lyrica's reincarnation, I don't know how she was before but I really enjoy her current content, she's really funny and I like to keep up with what's happening with her, to the point I really regret not finder her before, both before and after her reincarnation. If you don't mind me asking, how was she before she moved to Nijisanji? Did she have any changes in her content or personality, or is it mostly the same?
I occasionally watched her as Lyrica. She was just as (good) retarded back then, and her content has not changed much. You're seeing how she was basically back then as well. Except she struggled to get much higher than 120-150 CCV back then.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
I also got into the rabbit hole around 3 years ago, and I think I might be having a similar yet different experience. For the longest time I only followed hololive talents, and maybe some streams from Niji and clips from Vshojo or other big indies. Part of the reason being that because my internet is kind of shit, watching Twitch livestreams were kind of impossible because of the stuttering, so I watched and still watch only on youtube, leaving visibility for only the bigger corpo Vtubers. But at the end of last year I really got into Nijisanji EN and fell even deeper into the Vtuber hole than I already was, learning about smaller channels and creators and seeing small companies like Idol and EIEN appear. For now I am still mainly watching Niji livers but I have been trying to hang around smaller channels because the chat being slower and allowing more interactions is something I really like, but I still haven't found a small creator I could "oshi" or one that caught my interest for long enough.

Also part of the reason I have kept watching NijiEN is Lyrica's reincarnation, I don't know how she was before but I really enjoy her current content, she's really funny and I like to keep up with what's happening with her, to the point I really regret not watching or finding her before, both before and after her reincarnation. If you don't mind me asking, how was she before she moved to Nijisanji? Did she have any changes in her content or personality, or is it mostly the same?
she really hasnt changed much even as lyrica shes just as much of a gremlin she once was

too bad we cant tease her for being a lola/grandma rn because shes apparently a tita/aunt now

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
You can also laugh cause it's yet another example of the left eating their own and the "genius" billionaire made his team out of diversity hires cause he didn't want "50 year old white men cause that's not inspiring"
the money saved by hiring less expensive diversity hires definitely did not play a factor at all. Don't worry i'm sure the extra cash did infact go towards the sub and not whoevers personal bank account.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
since we are talking about millie have this little clip of her and the girls dying from old memes

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

braindoko

So to those who prefer following 1-2view indies and small corpo VTubers, why do you follow them more closely than the big guys and girls in the industry?
It's hard to explain, maybe I tell myself they don't need me there when they have thousands others doing the same.
It's sad seeing a talented and/or hard working person fail at gaining an audience larger than a small bus' capacity.
Like, I tried to be there for Chapipi when she struggled to hit 20 CCV but now I look at the rock girl with 800+ viewers and just want to find someone else to watch.
Roca will play that game about falling off stuff NOW!

E She has a wheel to punish her with little stunts for 10$View attachment 32198

She raised it to $50. The more money hungry a chuuba becomes the less I want to watch :depressedtako:

Not-Username

As expected, watame was, in fact, responsible for myths bad ending

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
It's hard to explain, maybe I tell myself they don't need me there when they have thousands others doing the same.
It's sad seeing a talented and/or hard working person fail at gaining an audience larger than a small bus' capacity.
Like, I tried to be there for Chapipi when she struggled to hit 20 CCV but now I look at the rock girl with 800+ viewers and just want to find someone else to watch.

She raised it to $50. The more money hungry a chuuba becomes the less I want to watch :depressedtako:
She did this because they were piling on too many and she couldn't keep up. She later turned it off so she could actually play the game for a bit.
The more money they get means I don't have to feel bad for not giving any :mitothink:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Tweet roundup:

EIEN is recruiting for a new generation. It looks like they already have the models prepared.

Brown horse update: Tomoe Umari tweeted this mysterious tweet which seems to hint that she got scooped up by an agency.

A vtuber named Ayase Ririco is currently bickering with YouTube on Twitter because her account was banned for nudity earlier this month, despite her model being clothed and unable to remove clothes.

Kuri is currently streaming on Kick again. Fifth day in a row so far.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Felti streaming
I've never dug too much into Felti career or persona, but she sounds like a certified hag.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter

that is most definitely what is up dude.
To whomsoever complains;"wah wah my oshi only sings Japanese pop songs wah wah i need old man songs for my dusty old bones full of green dust"check out Ami's karaokes there all archived by someone other than Ami, she's the best for real for real no cap as the kids say.
Warning! She also sings Japanese pop songs if you're severely allergic to excessive cuteness, but it is what it is dude.
Edit: Added a playlist of Ami's "oldies but goodies" karaoke

Last edited:

stassy

It's been so long since her last concert. I hope she gets a new one with a real crowd sometime soon.
What do you mean, "it's been so long"? Didn't you see her recently along with the JP-Pioneer bro singing with another singer friend and her co-worker this month? Won't you go to her summer concert next month and her next anniversary live in september?

Surely these musical appearances with real crowd will be streamed with high production quality value for us kagain-nikki, right, right?....

I think I ran out of copium :gunpeko:

The only realistic opportunity for her now would be asking cover for a live concert as a million subscribers reward which might not even be this year, she lost her only stable income in favor of getting her share of live concert elsewhere while she grind the youtube game (a bit late), this might take a while...

soap suds

In about an hour, Elira is going to continue playing P4. I've really enjoyed watching her play and react to the story. She's fallen in love with the cast and is having a blast playing. I knew she would like P4, but it's still nice to see her have a ton of fun.

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Mumei returns again in 4 hours. Glad things seem to be over for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom