"You want the Canadian anthem with the fart sounds? We'll do that next"Gawr Gura

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Even though I don't like DN that much I do appreciate him putting a spotlight on Siro and how she helped kickstart Sora and to an extent Hololive's career in his latest vid.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Found it after some vod searching.
This is the comment that got her started. Not sure if there was any other degen posting beforehand since I was just skimming the vod.
View attachment 30025

41:03 for timestamp just in case. She goes on for about 15 minutes between the hornyposting and the whiteknighting.

I don't blame her for getting annoyed. You'd have to be genuinely retarded to think this looks like a back.
View attachment 30026

She also tells people to lurk for a bit to get a feel of the streamer's vibe, which is something more vtubers need to say honestly. Sasuga Tako.

She never seemed to be very amused with the Ina's back meme, especially since she had created "The 4th Wah" art-tag for people to use for that kinda shit and people still spammed her normla art-tag with it. It has also been a year and people still reference it when it isn't even an endearing meme, like her "TOMORROW" one.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
“Why do they say bottom left anyway, what’s wrong with the right side”-IRyS

SHE DOESN’T KNOW

Netscaper

Early Adopter
“Why do they say bottom left anyway, what’s wrong with the right side”-IRyS

SHE DOESN’T KNOW
Clueless hope woman is not a meme.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
I think the major reddit vtuber form has gone private, but r/Hololive hasn't. I wonder if we will get some unwashed reddit refugees here (I hope not)

Why did it go private?

Reddit decided to charge a foolish amount to use their APIs which kills all the 3rd Party mobile apps ( like 10 mil a year plus). So there is a hugh revolt with most of the site going private for 48 hours

Stream here

Last edited:

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Even though I don't like DN that much I do appreciate him putting a spotlight on Siro and how she helped kickstart Sora and to an extent Hololive's career in his latest vid.
I haven´t checked Siro in a while how is she doing? is .LIVE fine?
I think the major reddit vtuber form has gone private, but r/Hololive hasn't. I wonder if we will get some unwashed reddit refugees here (I hope not)
I fucking hope not that site was controlled by a fucking Chink that loves VSPO

Sven

Why did it go private?
Probably the current Reddit protest due to some shit reddit is doing on the backend. Don't use Reddit much so can't remember what it is just remember reading about it somewhere.

Kalion

:)
Why did it go private?
Reddit's API changes coming on June 30th which will kill a lot of bots plus any third party apps (like Redditisfun and Apollo). A bunch of subs are going private for two whole days(!) to protest it.
Someone made a tracker which you can watch here: https://reddark.untone.uk

Personally, I think two days instead of indefinite is worthless. I'm banned from r/virtualyoutubers anyhow so whatever.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Why did it go private?
A bunch of the subreddits are going private because of Reddit's change to their API. Reddit's mobile app is straight garbage filled with ads so there's a bunch of 3rd party apps that people use. The price they gave to the 3rd party devs was $0.24 for 1,000 API calls. So for one of the biggest 3rd party app devs, they'd be seeing somewhere in the ballpark of ~$2 million in fees per month. It's going to kill a lot of bots like automoderators too.

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon

Translated below:
Good morning I was sick and was in the hospital for a while Sorry for not being able to tweet much If you go to the hospital with a sore throat and stomach, see a doctor "Ah, you're eating too much." They said. Everyone, just because the rice is delicious, please don't eat too much and damage your intestines
:architect:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Why did it go private?
Reddit's API has been free since its creation, but now they're going to start charging $0.24/1000 API calls. Which (as an example) would cost one common Reddit alternate reader app called Apollo $20 million per year to operate. The 2 day shut off is a pseudo protest, but I don't think it'll do jack shit unless they shut down the whole site indefinitely until the change is reverted.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
A bunch of subs are going private for two whole days(!)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

These people would literally try and oppose the holocaust with threats of aggressive foot-stomping and coordinated grumbling for one week.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Why did it go private?
Reddit is increasing the cost of accessing their APi to absurd amounts. This will effectively make alternate apps cost millions to maintain. The official Reddit app is trash, even moreso than the web version, so people are pretty unhappy.

So subs are going private for a whole two days, as if Reddit would ever care. Though, to note, r/videos is going permanently private. It is a default subreddit and one of the largest. The admins could easily take over the subreddit and get a new set of mods, though.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
We don’t need 10 different explanations of the same thing

God's Strongest Dragoon

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

These people would literally try and oppose the holocaust with threats of aggressive foot-stomping and coordinated grumbling for one week.
They always do stupid shit like this and are surprised when nothing changes. The nuking of 3rd party apps is pretty bad but everyone is forgetting this kills bots like the automoderator that jannies use. So all those giant subreddits are going to be a fucking zoo since they won't be able to autoban people/autodelete comments.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
I haven´t checked Siro in a while how is she doing? is .LIVE fine?

She's doing fine all things considered. She streams from time to time and her TV show, Gariben V, is still going strong due the recent timeslot change from late night to primetime which is big.

As for .live and appland as a whole, they recently got bought by MBS which is a huge media corporation in JP.

Also worth noting is .live will have 6 new members soon.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
They always do stupid shit like this and are surprised when nothing changes. The nuking of 3rd party apps is pretty bad but everyone is forgetting this kills bots like the automoderator that jannies use. So all those giant subreddits are going to be a fucking zoo since they won't be able to autoban people.
Also no NSFW access unless using the official app.

OH no
1686536384702.png

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Just to add some lore to complete the dizzy lore dump of today
  • Once she left tsunderia she went to become a wage cuck
  • Was pretty much done with anything vtubing related and had no plans to going back, but a heartfelt marshmallow made her reconsider her position
  • Asked fishman to join invaders personally and basically dragged fishman across town to meet for a struggle session to let her in and it worked
  • Whatever happened at tsunderia really burned her and she just reiterates she wanted her old self dead
  • A friend of her asked her to audition to another agency with her because she was nervous about auditioning alone and she didn't make it, says she wouldn't fit anywhere but phase
  • Praises sakana because according to her, he really cares about everyone in the company and tries to improve their lives in some way, still says he's garbage at dealing with sad girls
  • She designed the merch blankets
  • "You guys will never let me live that down" when people spam the sad girl bit
edit:
  • she adores phase and it shows when you compare her talking about tsunderia

I am absolutely fuming because this Dizzy is an absolute gem and she says she's gonna keep doing her character on regular streams and that this out of character streams are gonna be sporadic.
:urtearingmeapart::urtearingmeapart::urtearingmeapart::urtearingmeapart::urtearingmeapart::urtearingmeapart::urtearingmeapart:

Negzana

r/hololive is probs still up because it's owned by Cover and delving into website political squabbling would be a conflict of interest. Better to stay neutral on the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom