"to you, love yourself, take care of yourself, take care of each other I love you. Bye Honey"Nina Kosaka

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Graduation. June 26. And I just started watching her. :depressedtako:
"I was specifically allowed to say "Maybe one day we will meet again""
IS SHE FUCKING IN BROS??

Avian Agricultural Refugee

Inactive account
I think thats just a sponsored watchalong. They are doing that with Fillian and Neuro as well
Yeah I think you're right, my fault for tunnel visioning on "watch our upcoming debut with Miori Celesta on June 14th."

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
A cover of Idol by a gyaru NOW!

Edit.: My favorite cover of this song, i might be a little biased tho.

Last edited:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Well in the case of Sana, she never did art streams because of how it reminded her of her day job dooling chink gacha. Which reminds me of my absolute favorite Sana stream where it's her technically picking out and gushing vtuber fanart. Sometimes being talented isn't enough, you gotta have someone sharp or astute with a keen eye and clever streaming ideas.
My fav Sana stream was her designing a mascot for Irys. I guess wanting to stay away from her other job was a good way to disconnect but looking back she did shine bright when talking about art or art-related things.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Conquest (the event he and Bao were in)
Apparently that event has so much fuckery that even the "am not dramafag i swear" Depresso Nousagi made a video discussing the fuckery of that convention (helping that he's a SEAfag that does live in the same country that event is taking place and was planning on attending)

I wonder if other guests in that event aside of Shoto and Bao is also having issues there or not. All I can gather is mostly about how the event ticket line is fucking ridiculous and the EO didnt even care when these poor people is stuck in the rain and standing for long fucking hours trying to line for tickets.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
It's Splatoon but if you want to see some NijiHolo collab, here's Flare and Claire, Polka and Rika at 1PM JST.

Later at 5PM JST, Re:AcT's Lisa Makoh will sing.

Also Aki's crepe guests at 6PM JST today are Noel and Lamy, two drinkers.

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
I find it funny several took my point as "your oshi isn't doing the work!" when my literal point was Vtubing allows for fill-ins when someone isn't physically capable of doing the work, in direct reference "forever on death's door" Ironmouse. It's also entirely possible a corpo Vtuber is in a wheel chair and we have no clue about it.

For Hololive specifically, they'd only use stand-in 3D tracking if they were in a bind. Idol-types are extremely autistic about certain details, so I'd be very surprised if we ever got any foreground replacement choreo. What would not surprise me is if the big group shots had a lot of mis-matched choreo because database systems can have their days.

As for something like Treasure Box, I think the important thing to also consider is that Auto Tune has existed for approaching 3 decades. It's mostly used to tweak rather than the full T-Pain effect. 3D tracking is far enough along there should be smoothing tools available professionally. For something like Marine's hip sway, it's entirely possible it's actually a blend of her real moves and the choreographer doing it. Thus being blended "in post".

All that said, Korone definitely did that front walk over herself. That's exactly something the doggo would come up with and make sure she could do well. (Ignoring that it might be the single easiest move in all of gymnastics.) Though I have noticed no else but seemingly Fillan, in the Vtuber space, has attempted to use anything like that as part of some show. Probably has something to do with everyone in the sphere being horrible introverts that need to touch grass more.

Well, Sana almost put herself in one, if we take how bad her back was for a while. I was more thinking one of the smaller corpo or a JP Nijisanji member that doesn't get any translated to English run. Fairly certain we've got general proof of all of the HoloMembers being ambulatory. Minus Marine probably needing a cane already.
And I'm saying that while Vtubing makes fill-ins possible, and even intuitive to someone new, there is very strong pressure in the community (talents and audiences alike) against it. So while I see where you're coming from, I'm also not surprised by the reaction you've received. I drew a parallel to "men with voice changers" earlier; another, closer parallel would be the Kizuna Ai drama. There's no coldly logical reason Kizuna Ai has to be Nozomi Kasuga, otherwise her company wouldn't have attempted to replace her to begin with. But talents and audiences are not coldly logical machines.

Tweaking, smoothing, and animations in side panels are definitely used. That's a world away from having Ironmouse's model dance on stage when all her fans know about her condition. It's also possible there's a non-ambulatory corpo Vtuber who hasn't made their condition public who wants someone to dance for them, but I don't think that would fly if it came out. I think Holos would have to be in a severe crisis to even consider it.

When you mention gymnastics in 3D, I was reminded of this Aiba Uiha clip.

IIRC Fulgur of NijiEN is physically unable to do a concert, but I don't follow him closely.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

Give Lapu Chan some Likes and RTs

no.png
YOU HORNY FUCK krobonk.png

Negzana

Aki has another offcollab for Crepes tomorrow in the morning so sadly I am going to miss it. Coincidentally enough I was planning on making pancakes so that's cool.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
IIRC Fulgur of NijiEN is physically unable to do a concert, but I don't follow him closely.
Yep, can't do concert due to his back issue. His hiatus a while back is because of his back needing medical attentions, and he has mentioned it several times even before that, something about how he can't even handle regular flights because his back wouldn't take sitting for a prolonged amount of time (unless he bought those fancy sleeping seats/executive class seats, but those are very expensive money that could've been used to make CEO's yacht bigger).

Jacks Wasted Life

Remi only talks to her dad once a year, and has father issues. Imagine my shock....

Edit: I just saw Krampus in chat. I guess he's moved on to easier prey.

Last edited:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Edit 2: Reincarnated dragon Beryl has some kind of announcement in a few hours:

Unless my ears deceive me, she saying she is graduating.
e: late, I'll accept those clocks like a man.
e2: Star*Ring apparently didn't really know what to do with her. Sakana, pick her up she plays good games.

This is what happens when you have a talent for something and you then ignore it. She made it a point during her debut to pull out her guitar and she has barely used it. Similar to Reimu from Niji3 who was pushed as a great singer (and she is) yet she has barely done any karaoke or singing streams. If you have a skill, and you market yourself as having that skill (and the company hires you in part due to that) why the fuck won't you use it?

Hime could have a guitar jam stream, or she could critique other people playing guitar n shit. Just something chill. Worst case scenario it just turns into a zatsudan while she just randomly plays or practices.

I do like the deadpan and fairly simplistic face of his. Its more meme-worthy.

Sakana has watched and donated to her i believe. Maybe he was looking into grabbing her. (inb4 shes in jewcorp)

She doesnt seem THAT sad about it so I guess she has something already set. EN girl that knows JP with a great song selection and is a great singer. Holo EN3?
Look who was apparently caught in the chat today.

Sakana.png

Fishman acquire.jpg

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Ex-BoogieVox Lol is having a very nice singing stream. Currently singing King Gnu's "Hakujitsu"

Fuck shes so good.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL

e2: Star*Ring apparently didn't really know what to do with her. Sakana, pick her up she plays good games.

Yea, she has a great voice and can stream but never caught on. CCV ~ 30ish with small spikes for Karaoke, I wonder if she tries again, maybe 3rd time is the charm. I thought she was with Star Ring because they got her a Visa and she can speak Japanese. Her model is so nice too, shame.

I think she would do really well in Prism or Niji.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter

I just heard she was Hana Flores from Kawaii before, is that true? if yes hopefully she does get in to a good place she ahs kinda has been passed around for a couple years, I remembers people were sure Enna was gonna be her back before Etirya debut.

stassy

And I'm saying that while Vtubing makes fill-ins possible, and even intuitive to someone new, there is very strong pressure in the community (talents and audiences alike) against it. So while I see where you're coming from, I'm also not surprised by the reaction you've received. I drew a parallel to "men with voice changers" earlier; another, closer parallel would be the Kizuna Ai drama. There's no coldly logical reason Kizuna Ai has to be Nozomi Kasuga, otherwise her company wouldn't have attempted to replace her to begin with. But talents and audiences are not coldly logical machines.

Tweaking, smoothing, and animations in side panels are definitely used. That's a world away from having Ironmouse's model dance on stage when all her fans know about her condition. It's also possible there's a non-ambulatory corpo Vtuber who hasn't made their condition public who wants someone to dance for them, but I don't think that would fly if it came out. I think Holos would have to be in a severe crisis to even consider it.
An improved Neuro-Sama as official mascot with a silent hidden technical support at her side would be any company wet dream, since they would bypass the voice actor requirement, hasn't it already been attempted before?

One of the great improvement I would like to see during concert are hair and breast management, nothing more off putting than seeing them go through the models during dances (though Cover did start to fix the issue with normalized idol clothes with nerfed sizes).
Also the story of a disabled actor that gain the ability to be temporary "normal" again would be totally acceptable as a "Cinderella story" with all the bells & whistle & emotional impact on fans, it's just that the actor need to be fully involved in the script and not mess up after the show (like the current Oshi no Ko drama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom