"The loli is chasing the old man, guys. It's the other way around, an old man is being chased by a loli!"Hana Macchia

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔
What's the lore with Power Wash Simulator? Back in the day I use to joke with a friend about Kronii playing it all the time. But whenever a vtuber plays it they go totally gay for it
1686327135118.png

UberSoldat

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
Ever since Les Twins got television fame the definition of hip-hop has shifted towards that style of dancing. To be fair the core of hip-hop was always to interpret and feel the beat but nowadays it feels like most "hip-hop" dancers only do choreography and have next to 0 technique and practice in the original styles. It's just a lot of people trying to emulate them but don't have the training or passion Les twins have put their whole lives into.

Edit: Example vid for people too lazy to youtube search.

mad cope. The dance has been that way since the 80s, they bite a lot of styles and party dances. that 2010 wod performance doesnt hold up compared to 2019. everything is faster, cleaner and more angles.

tl;dr :hip hop has always been choreo.

Negzana

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
@Shuba Saber Was it you who wanted Mephisto covers? I found a full-length one by Uzuki Tomoya (ex-Tsunderia guy) and found it had already been posted.
Ex-Tsunderia bunny boy Tomoya has a new cover coming up:

Flayon spotted in the chat:
View attachment 23554

I like Tomoya's cover more than the original, but I now also see why nobody covers it. Idol is not easy, but Mephisto is a lot harder still. In the description Tomoya says it's the hardest song he's ever sung.

Here's one by Riro:

And this is Mizuki of Meridian Project (a Chinese group?) flexing in karaoke:

Enough research. Become potato.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Mozucraft stream coming to you live, featuring her LOTR opinions in pre-chat:
1686329944159.png

1686329955404.png

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Just decide to share Ame's upcoming zatsudan stream because of the thumbnail.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Oh look, Shondo is live! Let me read my notification:

Screenshot_20230609_130512_One UI Home.jpg

Huh..yup.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Yuko and Mozu are friends and played Roblox together on-stream back when the latter was still Sava. Suffice to say they likely get up to some horrible shenanigans, furry rp honestly sounds pretty tame.
Any archives of this? I've been looking for Sava Safari stuff but only clips seem readily available

Limkin

Thanks Lumi, I didn't want to sleep today anyway
hrrfng.png

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
Last edited:

UberSoldat

Spergatory

Early Adopter

stassy

IMO "stand-in dancers" is like "men with voice changers". It's one of the first things someone hearing about Vtubers for the first time will think of (I speak from experience), so that can't be faulted. But if you hear Suisei or Kanata sing and think "here's a dude with a voice changer preying on lonely dudes", you have Vtuber Derangement Syndrome.

So "stand-in dancers" is the same thing. It makes sense (no one will know it's not them, right?) until it doesn't (the skill and pride of the talents who can dance, the joy of performing that the talents who can't dance still show, the dance lesson stories, etc.). And once it doesn't make sense you realise how insulting it is.
There are 2 times when I really doubted if the vtuber was really the performer :
  • the Treasure Box premiere when old hag Marine was doing the hip moves (though after reviewing the choregrapher director full dance, maybe she could have pulled that because the rest of the following moves were not that physically demanding)
  • The Calli NWO Concert with the myth units dancing in the side panels projection, it was obvious it was not them and a lot of people in the homeland noticed that

Not-Username

Palette cleanser for the last post

Sheep living her best life

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
I think this is a joke model she'll use rarely as a character act. She probably planned and commissioned this on her own accord like Moona's baby model. Someone on /vt/ mentioned how when she started hyping up her membership anniversary months ago she started saying Ckia wasn't real and I can't confirm but this makes me think this was a half-year spanning joke from Ela.
People have mentioned it, but here's IRyS mentioning it; they are not allowed to use these models as a regular thing, only rarely.

And great, people will start bringing this up to her again and either 1. she can't do it for some reason and gets upset, or 2. she does it and UOH-fags get their wish.
Seems kinda coincidental that it's 2 ID's that have done it most recently, they very well could just have different rules.
Anniversary and birthday cameos can be recorded overseas. Moona and Risu did that for Towa's birthday.
They CAN, but they don't always do. The one that always stood out to me is Gura and Shion. I very very very very very strongly doubt that this was actually Gura piloting the suit.
mad cope. The dance has been that way since the 80s, they bite a lot of styles and party dances. that 2010 wod performance doesnt hold up compared to 2019. everything is faster, cleaner and more angles.

tl;dr :hip hop has always been choreo.

I mean, you're all posting choreographed group routines, so of course those are choreo. But people do improv too. I used to watch SYTYCD back in the day and there were plenty of hip-hop dancers who could not handle hip-hop choreo, and plenty that would just freestyle during their solos (the good ones made it look great, but some you could kinda tell they weren't sure what they were doing and would get lost or things wouldn't flow together because they tripped up thinking of what to do next). Here's a guy who was on SYTYCD that was notoriously bad at choreo but was amazing in his solos, doing improv.
Edit:
The Calli NWO Concert with the myth units dancing in the side panels projection, it was obvious it was not them and a lot of people in the homeland noticed that
Yeah, iirc that wasn't even mocap, I think those were just animated.
Edit 2: and now just because I am thinking of 14 year old routines from the show, and since no one has posted an actual 'break dancer' to show that it's not exactly the same as being a 'hip-hop dancer', here's a quick solo from a 'b-boy' (as the kids call it). The guy who won that season was a 'krump' dancer, which is another very different sub-genre of hip-hop, and is also heavily freestyle based I think.

tl;dr: 'Hip-hop dancing' is a very wide net. The type of stuff Bae did is probably most similar to, like, the type of stuff you'd expect to see in a Beyonce music video.

Last edited:

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔
I like how casually Lumi says "retard", it gives me life.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
@Shuba Saber Was it you who wanted Mephisto covers? I found a full-length one by Uzuki Tomoya (ex-Tsunderia guy) and found it had already been posted.

I like Tomoya's cover more than the original, but I now also see why nobody covers it. Idol is not easy, but Mephisto is a lot harder still. In the description Tomoya says it's the hardest song he's ever sung.

Here's one by Riro:

And this is Mizuki of Meridian Project (a Chinese group?) flexing in karaoke:

Enough research. Become potato.

Yeah that was me. Thanks for the finds comrade :gurasemperfi: I don't know Tomoya or Mizuki but they left me very impressed, Tomoya especially. Riro's was solid as well and done in a way only her voice could. I really wanna see Rin or Towa cover it but I could imagine them struggling with the high notes. I'm just glad people are actually noticing Mephisto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom