"Lui-nee, I want your kinoko"Kaela Kovalskia

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horo7618

No one in particular
Not sure what the game was that was on the poll she didn't have perms for though, whatever it was seems to have been the most voted thing.
I had it in my email notifications:
1685290783105.png

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
And so a story ends

Hana's message

Huh, I had no idea Hana had a falling out with Zea and Taka. Or maybe not a falling out but certainly didn't keep as close to her genmates as previously thought.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Someone who formerly believed Pippa was a neo-nazi did the bare minimum research required to discover that Pippa is in fact NOT a neo-nazi:

Archive

You know what? Good for him. This kind of behavior should be recognized because it happens so little from his end of the spectrum.
kson won the Grand Prix

Edit:

Added stream with timestamp when the winner was revealed.

Crazy to think of the shitposting dragon ending up here. Considering how much she's talked about the Yakuza games having such a big influence on her life, this has to be a dream come true. Grats to her.
Another streamer, to whom I had some sympathy, goes into trash.

View attachment 27680
(twitch - catbox - catbox HD)

I wonder what would he say if he saw the chat messages from other talents.

And then VIPed hylo makes chat appearance.
View attachment 27681

E: It doesn't get better.
View attachment 27684
Does anyone have that tweet handy that was something like "I'm sick of Vtubers invading the hobby who actively hate the anime aesthetic"? Something like this, but I know it had wider reach.
Screenshot_20230528-104829~2.png
I kind of feel the same way on this too. Look, I don't like the loli stuff myself. Im much more into the Airi/Dizzy/Erina body types from Phase. But I recognize that people like Shiina exist IRL, who are 5 foot nothing rail thin Asians who look exactly like their model. So to Always see this fucks immediately assign this shit to pedophilia is weird as fuck.

By the way guys, next month we're celebrating body diversity by putting a fat black tranny on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
IMO this departure hurts NijiID the most, I really liked his dynamic with his colleagues, and let's not forget this moment in ID history:
Don't forget this moment,

the full 40min cut.
Huh, I had no idea Hana had a falling out with Zea and Taka. Or maybe not a falling out but certainly didn't keep as close to her genmates as previously thought.
Hana talked about it in a zatsu memberstream after the graduations were announced. They didn't completely drift a part on bad terms, life just got in the way and everyone in the unit drifted apart.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

YUGO’S A VTUBER NOW.

Menhera breakdown any%

Either that or she does better without the anykara bracku companyu

If she does im gonna have a hearty kek, hope she does well

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
VTubing cannot be called a subculture of anime. I see why someone from the outside will take a look at some loli model and pull a Jersh "hmm yes this shit is for nonces only" and write them off, but that's one godawful side.
In truth the aesthetic converges many different aspects, the main ones obviously from your weeaboo sphere (vocaloid, utaite, odore, cosplay, manga, animation, music video) but the output has several completely unrelated extensions, such as asmr (the bread and butter of coomerism) roleplay, games etc.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Website for the 5th gen concert is out ( tickets, dates, merch, ,etc )

kestraline

Early Adopter
Another vtuber departure is confirmed, although being rather low key about it all, Natsumi Moe is doing her final stream tomorrow.

There will be a final stream tomorrow and a last video on YouTube a few days later. After that, she is "going to sleep indefinitely".

Even if she faded out over the years, she was still one of the original EN vtubers who was still going, but the list keeps on getting smaller.

This shouldn't come to any shock for those who still watched her, as she did tell people at the end of the last year she was finishing up in 2023.

The most interesting thing was what she said about her old channel that was owned by Eilene and why she stopped using it.

Starting now:

hololive ruined /jp/

Does anyone have that tweet handy that was something like "I'm sick of Vtubers invading the hobby who actively hate the anime aesthetic"? Something like this, but I know it had wider reach.
that was a yuri tweet. dont have archives) and the twitter was nuked.

themanimthehills

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Website for the 5th gen concert is out ( tickets, dates, merch, ,etc )

Kind of weird this is happening so close to the En concert, for the physical ticket it doesn't matter since there is probably little to no overlap of people who could attend both, but I imagine some people will have to make a choice when it comes about streaming tickets.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
that was a yuri tweet. dont have archives) and the twitter was nuked.
There was actually another one last year where it was a clip of some VTuber streaming League who looked like a tumblr design ranting about how she hated anime and its aesthetic. And the comment was "IDK how you can join a hobby that was created with the anime look and hate it's source" or something like that, and went along with the usual "wokies/fake geeks" invading traditional nerd hobbies and bastardizing them from the inside. It got a huge amount of traction, and I think got the whole Chibidoki "I'm not a loli even though I look like a literal child" thing fired up again.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Dragoon

who the fuck eats an actual coconut. where the fuck do you buy actual coconuts?
If the native Hawaiians could read and stop doing drugs, they would be very upset with your comment.

hololive ruined /jp/

If the native Hawaiians could read and stop doing drugs, they would be very upset with your comment.
i've never seen a fresh coconut in my grocery store. or coconut meat. just almond joys and coconut oil.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
i've never seen a fresh coconut in my grocery store. or coconut meat. just almond joys and coconut oil.
Try a little farther than grocery store, like those sandy plains those NPC like to refer as beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom