"'Hubris of science that they can balance nature' Ok, calm down Michael Crichton"Pipkin Pippa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncreativeVtuberEnjoyer

nge has so much red flags you need to be colorblind to ignore them
The entirety of SKB is a giant red flag

If somebody here knows any good tutorials on the software involved and ways to get started, I'd be open to adding it to the Workshop as a dedicated thread
I know a little bit of 3D, and every software is gonna be slightly different because the market is not standardized like 2D, but a lot of them are VRM based like veeseeface, I like this tutorial in how to prepare, export and configure a fully modeled model to VRM

But if you know how to use the humanoid rig of Unity you are basically there

Edit: the documentation of the VRM fortmat

Last edited:

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
WTF WHY DOES AMIYA HAVE WEMI'S OUTRO MUSIC. I'VE BEEN COMPLETELY THROWN FOR A LOOP!

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
My oshi's are Marie Mehlo, Remilia Nephys, and Pipkin Pippa sorry. I just can't get past her weird lispy accent.
you watch fucking Remi but Ami's voice is a bridge too far?

Bob from accounting

Bear Enjoyer
Has anyone here ever actually worked with vtuber-related 3D or 2D modelling/rigging? I keep hearing Kirsche talk about how overpriced it is, and other people say that it's really hard. I've dabbled in 3D modelling repeatedly over the years, but due to terminal ADHD I always lose interest because I've never actually had anything worth doing with the skills.

If somebody here knows any good tutorials on the software involved and ways to get started, I'd be open to adding it to the Workshop as a dedicated thread.
A reminder she made and rigged her models herself. She did two member streams on how to do this sort of stuff. This is the 2nd one. As several dads ended up making models themselves from this I'd say it's useful.

Templeton

Find your own damn thesaurus!
WTF WHY DOES AMIYA HAVE WEMI'S OUTRO MUSIC. I'VE BEEN COMPLETELY THROWN FOR A LOOP!
It'll really blow your mind when you hear it in Erina's streams too.

Stunned But Dumb

Reminder: Geekjack is an absolute joke of a site. I wish it weren't the most viable action because the official holostore is absolutely ruthless as well. whats the point... Anyway, listen to Calli sing acapella

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
:holohag: :hololove: Alert!
Day 1 of Mio's Golden Week special ft. Koyori has started. They're gonna call other Holo girls early in the morning (currently 8am JST) to see who actually wakes up and what their morning routine is.

kestraline

Early Adopter
Mino Mieko has joined Kawa Entertainment.

She's alright and Lia did a collab with her in the past along with a few raids. But for growth, she won't get much out of that company. What they are good at though is attending cons and Mieko was doing their meet and greets for quite a while so this probably is what made her go with them as opposed to anyone else. Could Lia have persuaded her to apply to Phase Invaders? Who knows....but it's not happening any time soon.

There are others who were signed too.

In other news, Lia is rolling in Genshin and still hasn't got the new four star character.

Last edited:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

So some agency sent rejection letters to applicants yesterday and one/some of the applicants decided to set up a Discord server to I guess deal with the pain of rejection or whatever. But they were able to notify all of the other rejectees because whoever sent this message included everyone's email address in the CC field instead of the BCC field. Email 101 failure.

But I noticed the brush to do the blacking out on this image had a rather soft edge on it. With my incredibly elite data forensics skills, I went to see if I could pull out some more information from the image - sometimes this is really easy if they used a tool which merely highlights the content instead of actually blacking it out. Unfortunately I couldn't get much, but I did get the name of the agency who can't computer.

lucid.png

Good job, lucid.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
My oshi's are Marie Mehlo, Remilia Nephys, and Pipkin Pippa sorry. I just can't get past her weird lispy accent.
Your opinion is objectively wrong. Ami is a treasure and you should be ashamed of yourself.

kestraline

Early Adopter
Miia's birthday is today. She has three hats on.

1683071649427.png

soap suds

Luca is going to be holding a dating show with just the guys. I guess he saw how well Millie's undating games, 1and 2, were and decided to do something similar. Kind of weird he only got the guys since Luca hates fujobaiting, but maybe he wanted to try holding his own game show and wasn't comfortable getting the girls to do it.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
In case you were wondering if Towa would be able to carry Ina and Bae to victory in the Mario Maker tournament, Bae said Towa has never played MM before. Also:

Things are not looking so good for Team F, alright.

niggaphil

Horo7618

No one in particular

God's Strongest Dragoon

Tbh ck3 is a fucking shit game thoe not worth your money
I think CK3 has a lot of potential but the slow rate of content releases, their focus on RP instead of unique mechanics, and price hikes really soured me on the game. The Byzaboo in me still hasn't played a single game the Eastern Roman Empire because of how flavorless and boring it is. At least the upcoming DLC looks good to pirate.
It's genuinely impressive at how slow and awful the DLC has been for CK3. The game came out in 2020 and so far we've had
>2 flavor packs (Northern Lords, Fate of Iberia)
>1 Event Pack (Friends and Foes)
>1 Expansion (Royal Court)
For the flavor packs, Northern Lords was fine as a flavor pack that added viking stuff but Fate of Iberia has made starting in Iberia just a colossal annoyance with the Iberian Struggle bullshit. It went from being an interesting starting location to a place I avoid like the plague now because the Struggle system is an overly complicated mess. The Event pack is super shit, at best you'll forget you have it installed and at worst it becomes a fucking pain. The Expansion, Royal Court, is the biggest pile of shit I've seen in a long time from Paradox as it's incredibly uninteresting and tedious but worst of all it forces interaction. The novelty of the throne room quickly disappears when you realize it's completely detached from any events or locales in the game and it never changes. You have to routinely sit on a throne, make generic and boring decisions, and then put up with the stupid artifact system that just drains your gold. The only reward for interacting with these systems after the novelty quickly wears off is raw stat bonuses while the punishment for trying to ignore the systems is to tank your relations, which is the fundamental game mechanic that you use to interact with the world.

They haven't just been slow with the DLC, the DLC they've released has been straight fucking trash that actively make the game worse and I feel encouraged to just disable the DLC they've released. The base CK3 game is better than base CK2 game but it will never surpass CK2 as a whole because they seem to be incapable of making half decent DLC for CK3. Paradox better not fuck up Tours and Tournaments or I'm going to personally break Breivik out of prison to unleash him upon Paradox.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Reminder: Geekjack is an absolute joke of a site. I wish it weren't the most viable action because the official holostore is absolutely ruthless as well. whats the point... Anyway, listen to Calli sing acapella

She's singing Astrogirl... damn it, woman.
:inatiredl:

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
That's one of the reasons i frankly avoid the ID girls whenever Iofi is around. I know her entire thing is being "the artfag" and she is super duper talented in it, but fuck, man she always sounds like she has a stick up her ass.

One would think she's more loaded than fucking Reine, what with having a butthole that can compress coal into diamonds with nary an effort.
She has above average art skills and has that tumblr brainrot when it comes to all art like it's some sacred shit. I still remember how she flipped her shit at people tracing art for her fanart tag saying something along the lines of "I will not be friends with someone who does this, fuck you" and then some time later nene is found tracing art and iofi didn't say shit.
You can tell apart artists worth a shit from their attitude to AI art, the good ones don't really care, some even use it as a tool and the other plebs keep seething because they know AI art basically killed their mediocre art racket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom