• 🔥 THE MONTH OF FIRE CASUALTY LIST 🔥

03: First Stage Production's Whole 1st Gen || thread
    06: Hololive's Minato Aqua || Thread
    06: Everyone who thought Mori was fat || Post
    07: Hex Haywire || Post
    08: Former YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki || Post
    16: Vtuber Agency Yume+ || THREAD
    18: EIEN's Kilia Kurayami || Post

• On Monday 22:00 UTC/10PM GMT I'm doing a livestream to discuss my plans for the site & related media channels going forward. If you have any questions, feedback, ideas or other comments you want me to discuss, @ me in the forum discussion thread with them, or send me a DM. This is a critical opportunity to share such things with me, as it will affect how I proceed for at least the next few months. Also no, I am not selling out to Brave Group. Yet.

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Advantages:

1) Independence from translators. You will effectively bypass any form of censorship, political bias, personal opinion and many other such things by reading and listening and making up your own mind.
2) Reinforce your critical analysis by practicing structure and gain an edge over people who stick to rote memorization.
3) Access to any form of entertainment, technical, educational and scientific media produced by the jps without having any of it "curated" for you.
4) Hopefully turn out to be a better individual than 100% of the unbearable "expats in japan" community, irl and online.

Disadvantages

1) Useless lingua franca language, only spoken in that cursed set of islands
2) You'll have to chance and brave upon countless of bog standard retards looking to visit japan just to consume their "superior" entertainment product and brag about it
3) The language makes little sense, there's no ignoring this fact. It's a pity we don't learn this shit from an early age,

View attachment 46272

Advantage 5: You can actually talk to JP holos, nijis, etc etc. You be one of the Overseas Guys that shows up to a meet and greet event speaking Japanese and maybe make an impression. You want to get nihongo jouzu'd by your oshi?

Disadvantage 4: You have an entire new geographical region of delusional autists, spergs and retards you can understand now.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Advantages:

1) Independence from translators. You will effectively bypass any form of censorship, political bias, personal opinion and many other such things by reading and listening and making up your own mind.
2) Reinforce your critical analysis by practicing structure and gain an edge over people who stick to rote memorization.
3) Access to any form of entertainment, technical, educational and scientific media produced by the jps without having any of it "curated" for you.
4) Hopefully turn out to be a better individual than 100% of the unbearable "expats in japan" community, irl and online.

Disadvantages

1) Useless lingua franca language, only spoken in that cursed set of islands
2) You'll have to chance and brave upon countless of bog standard retards looking to visit japan just to consume their "superior" entertainment product and brag about it
3) The language makes little sense, there's no ignoring this fact. It's a pity we don't learn this shit from an early age,

View attachment 46272
I have no interest in speaking it, realistically just how hard would it be to learn to just read it at a base level?

yuckyyaki

Yabai enthusiast
I have no interest in speaking it, realistically just how hard would it be to learn to just read it at a base level?
If you can read it you can speak it.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Reading the kana is easy as fuck and you can probably pick it up in under a month. Reading the cursed runes is a neverending nightmare, but more and more jap shit now just has kana readings of the cursed runes above them.

Lurker McSpic

Reading the kana is easy as fuck and you can probably pick it up in under a month. Reading the cursed runes is a neverending nightmare, but more and more jap shit now just has kana readings of the cursed runes above them.
thanks for the info, now that you mention it what the fuck is the deal with kanji? from the little I know it's ancient bullshit that even japs don't fully learn but they still use them for some reason?

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I find it amusing that weebs thinking that learning Kanji or thr language of their people is somehow going to get them mad yellow pussy. It's like motherfucker, I'm a master of the English language and white bitches fear me. What shot do you think you have learning broken ching Chong Bing bong???

Amiya in 5 seconds

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
what the fuck is the deal with kanji?
1695412084220.jpeg
from the little I know it's ancient bullshit that even japs don't fully learn but they still use them for some reason?
It is ancient bullshit stolen from the Chinese that the conservative japs don't want to let go of for some reason. I think Jap schoolchildren learn like 2k kanji out of the seven trillion cursed gookscribble runes that exist.

Lurker McSpic

View attachment 46279

It is ancient bullshit stolen from the Chinese that the conservative japs don't want to let go of for some reason. I think Jap schoolchildren learn like 2k kanji out of the seven trillion cursed gookscribble runes that exist.
ok but what's their use? is it like cursive?
to redeem myself from derailing the thread a bit I offer you archives of lia's stream, sub to the guy he uploads plenty of archives

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Very funny Short in the main channel where Lapu Chan applies a Finisher into Mio :BijouBijou:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
How many times has she accidentally flashed the camera?

View attachment 46280
I assumed she is wearing a swimsuit underneath. Always eating snacks, does she realize she isn't competing with Moona.

Does ShirayuriPro ever do collabs? I had to look up their other members and was surprised that nyaru wasn't their top talent.

Not-Username

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
Mimi live with some cross between an AC6 and art stream

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter

:pippasadl:...... Clip Tax! Remi gets a lot marros asking if she's a Trap:SelenHAHAhere:

God's Strongest Wardog

SUCCULENT CHINESE MEAL
This is How Abi started todays stream and I feel it's mainthread worthy

Abi is so pure , she saves oir souls with cuteness! :sanasmile:
But why the heck most of the Latino users here LARPING as SEAYamanbaS? :smugselen:
You'd be shocked the amount of parallels I have noticed between Flips and Puertoricans watching Millie, it's fucking disturbing.
At least she knows her audience
She does make those spanish Pippa dubs, so she knows what she's looking for.:smugselen:
IT'S A FUCKING COLLABORATION!!! ARE YOU SAYING THEY'RE ALL IN ON IT???????
... yes.

Bernkastel

Mori's pet cat
Pretty sure she means Bae. Bae said she was going to hang out with "a friend" after her stream yesterday but didn't want to say who it was until they did.
she also said she was going to meet a different holomem today. So, after ending her stream she went to meet Bae and later she met the "other holomem", and it was already 3 AM JST by the end.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Kanji are like & or # or $, just a lot more common.

Regardless. If the Japs want their language to be learned by foreigners, they should switch to hangul.

Of course, since they don't want their language to be learned by foreigners, it's a non issue.

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
I don't really care about PRC. I like Taiwan which is why I wanted to learn Chinese. I also remember comparing Chinese to Japanese and found the tonal nonsense in Chinese more bearable than the boatloads of rules Japanese grammar and phonetics have. So if I wanted to learn a weeb language, Chinese seems easier
Are you kidding? Japanese grammar is far simpler than most Eurofag languages requiring you to memorize 4 catgories of verbs that require specific suffix endings for different tenses and aspects, and memorising which nouns are masculine feminine or neuter. If you are gonna learn a chink language, then you are better off with Cantonese.

Also, if you learn Chinese, you are gonna have to learn kanji anyway, just whole lot more of it (10k vs 2k).

Last edited:
Top Bottom