"You're all breathtaking, chat that was an effing quote from George Floyd"Filian

Thread Proposal: 2view spotlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Should've done this yesterday but yay unexpected migraines.

So one thing I kind of dislike about the single-thread format is that it mostly revolves around popular gals. Which is 100% fine, don't get me wrong. But exposure is a major issue in the oversaturated vtuber marketplace, and I'm often surprised by just how good new talents with sub-50 viewcounts often are.

Hence the point of this proposal; a dedicated thread exclusively for lesser-known talents. No Hololive. No Nijisanji. No Phase Connect (they're well out of the obscure zone now), no corporate types with talents who regularly get over 100 views. This would not mean you can't post about these types in the main thread, just that now you have a more dedicated space for discussing and showcasing your 2view oshii.

Keep in mind that I'd want a bit of effortposting for the 2views in question. Don't just post a video and go 'X is streaming rn', make at least a small showcase of their works and give people reasons to watch them over the trillion other talents out there. Sell me on this .png, guys.

So how's this sound? Thoughts? Comments? Rotten tomatoes?

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
I like the idea, as I found a lot of small creators I like. Could be that the opening thread is a link to each effort post which should include a link to each of their streaming accounts, their schedule, and some nice things like clips that give you an idea of who they are as well as a description.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
I think the thread in question would work best as a showcase take your 2view oshii and sperg about them in one post

Every post should have a detailed pitch

Not so much a discussion thread as it is a show and tell

I think we should leave discussion for the main thread so as to not create tribalism

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Sounds like it'd be a good way to get people aware of lesser-known talents you've found.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
I think the thread in question would work best as a showcase take your 2view oshii and sperg about them in one post

I think we should leave discussion for the main thread so as to not create tribalism
I agree if the thread gets created, it should be just detailed information posts and no discussion. That sort of thread could be useful as a compilation of recommendations for people looking for new 2views to watch.

It think it's important to keep discussions and stream update posts to the main thread if the goal is to try to advertise more obscure vtubers, though. To give an example from personal experience, I've checked out a few streams from the Misaki sisters just because of BibiLivesMatter consistently shilling them in the homeland. If those posts had been segregated to a separate thread I most likely would have just ignored them.

Slutpuppies

unity love, resident luxiem fangull
I'm all for supporting the 2views, there's a lot of gems out there!

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
I agree if the thread gets created, it should be just detailed information posts and no discussion. That sort of thread could be useful as a compilation of recommendations for people looking for new 2views to watch.

It think it's important to keep discussions and stream update posts to the main thread if the goal is to try to advertise more obscure vtubers, though. To give an example from personal experience, I've checked out a few streams from the Misaki sisters just because of BibiLivesMatter consistently shilling them in the homeland. If those posts had been segregated to a separate thread I most likely would have just ignored them.
I like the idea of making it thread where you just drop a 2view and give a brief detail on them. If you wanna discuss further about them quote the post and use that quote in the main thread to talk about them if that helps.

I think this is a good solution for those who wanna keep things to one thread and those who want other threads to narrow down topics and such!

Also I'm glad my shilling of the cute guide sisters  corrupted inspired someone to watch them too!! :smugpipi:

They're such a good light hearted vtuber duo that is nice if you want to watch something cheerful and more family friendly.

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter

The ideal version of the 2view thread would be something like a string of opening posts from our homeland. Brief introduction (how long the chuuba has been streaming, what platform, etc.), types of content you can expect, your personal opinion about them, and finally links to some good streams that let you check their streaming style and character.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
I prefer is discussion is allowed, it'd make it seem less like an unbroken string of shilling and more like the thread is alive.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
I prefer is discussion is allowed, it'd make it seem less like an unbroken string of shilling and more like the thread is alive.
Harder to find the actual recs, though. If you want to discuss them, you can do it in the main thread.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Harder to find the actual recs, though. If you want to discuss them, you can do it in the main thread.
Yeah just crosspost it in the main thread for discussion use the shill thread for an archive

uquusquad

creator, innovator, artist, idea
Early Adopter
Whats the point of this, just shill your 2view in the main thread. I mean people* started shilling pippa and her rants on shit like the build-a-bear community when she was still a 2view after all and the thread started to warm up to her before she talked about the ragepig or the motherfucker.
So I see no reason why anyone could not make the main thread like a talented 2view. This sounds like a stupid idea to me.
(*thhrang specifically I believe)

Last edited:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Whats the point of this, just shill your 2view in the main thread. I mean people* started shilling pippa and her rants on shit like the build-a-bear community when she was still a 2view after all and the thread started to warm up to her before she talked about the ragepig or the motherfucker.
So I see no reason why anyone could not make the main thread like a talanted 2view. This sounds like a stupid idea to me.
The idea is to have each one archived here so that you can go to this thread for quick recommendations on new vtubers that might get buried in the main thread

So you write out your pitch post and crosspost to the main thread then if the 2view doesn't get traction in the main thread then anyone can come to the shill thread and see the original post and have someone new to watch

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
So I see no reason why anyone could not make the main thread like a talented 2view. This sounds like a stupid idea to me.
So the post doesn't get lost as quickly, and you can go check the thread if you're interested in checking out a new small vtuber.

Last edited:

vestars20

Early Adopter
People who don't watch 2views won't go to the 2view thread and that means less eyes on the post. As a 2view savior I think it'll turn into a circle jerk with other 2view likers.
Maybe create a Twitch thread so I don't have to be so sad when I see cool chuubas that I'll never watch cause, Twitch.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
People who don't watch 2views won't go to the 2view thread and that means less eyes on the post. As a 2view savior I think it'll turn into a circle jerk with other 2view likers.
Maybe create a Twitch thread so I don't have to be so sad when I see cool chuubas that I'll never watch cause, Twitch.
You post the post in both threads the 2view thread would be purely for archival with no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom