"Remember when I first debuted and I was like 'Ehe, lads! Heh, stop, don't tease me!' and you're like 'Gehe, Loddy, gwehe' and now you're like 'Oh, you're a FUCKING HAG'"Lottie Shinju

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

Local archive of the Tenma exorcism, um I mean spicy noodle consumption

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I hate the brainrot this site gave me, but while I was searching tangentially related articles on jstor I found a TVA reference.
View attachment 22729

Lesson time: other than being a funny censor word and a gyaru style the yamanba is also a term used by second wave feminists in Japan to identify a type of woman that, like the mythical "old crone living in the mountains, far away from the norms of village life [...], destabilizes the binary opposition of angel and whore used to evaluate women" and is “an anarchic existence who lives ‘the female sex’ as it is, in a way that is not marked by gender culture.”
There you go, I would have never imagined that I'd end up learning something on jp feminism from a TVA meme
I for one applaud @The Proctor for the steadfast support he's lending to the cause of Japanese feminism and the plight of Japanese women who fall outside the normal constraints of Japan's societal expectations.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I hate the brainrot this site gave me, but while I was searching tangentially related articles on jstor I found a TVA reference.
View attachment 22729

Lesson time: other than being a funny censor word and a gyaru style the yamanba is also a term used by second wave feminists in Japan to identify a type of woman that, like the mythical "old crone living in the mountains, far away from the norms of village life [...], destabilizes the binary opposition of angel and whore used to evaluate women" and is “an anarchic existence who lives ‘the female sex’ as it is, in a way that is not marked by gender culture.”
There you go, I would have never imagined that I'd end up learning something on jp feminism from a TVA meme
When we said
:holohag::hololove:
i don't think we meant it like Baba Yaga and similar mountain crones that eat children and such

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Bae schedule:
20230430_103953.jpg

Big week ahead! Also, Uno collab with Council should be fune, it has been a while since they did a Council collab.

RiverBear

Looks like it's still going and they will have a live on July 2023.
Huh. Guess she now has some down time to be a Vtuber again.
Kinda sad to see her go when Vtubing was at it's peak and come back when it's starting to slow down, but still nice to see her come back regardless.
Bae schedule:
View attachment 22732

Big week ahead! Also, Uno collab with Council should be fune, it has been a while since they did a Council collab.
Daily reminder that there will never be a full Council collab ever again.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
i don't think we meant it like Baba Yaga and similar mountain crones that eat children and such

Given Japan's current birth rates, I'd guess most of those have either starved to death or become vegans by now.

Not-Username

Next reverie debuts started

Voice is worse than Luna imho.

E: Also ESL
"I can probably beat native chinese speakers" ... either keyfabe and really not chink oder misdirection
1682867884743.png

Cracking everything....:ponrys:
1682868323632.png

1682868811519.png

1682868949892.png

Infant Cereal....sounds about right. Ok anime taste and game taste with potential
1682869299181.png

Yaoi. Why am i not surprised?
1682869621815.png

Most precise musik likes i have ever seen :D
1682869717665.png

* Has Ara Ara Voice

How can one not like Watermelon?... Well there are all kinds.
Not likeing strong sunlight and Heat?! :fishfry:

1682870046401.png

With ne N4 Goal she apparently really likes languages.
3D Debut is because she really wants to dance (kinda like Kiara)
1682870405017.png

Yep language nerd
1682870515362.png

1682870545268.png

Last edited:

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Next reverie debuts started

Voice is worse than Luna imho.

Scary thing is she and some other vtubers talk like that because there's a market for it.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Scary thing is she and some other vtubers talk like that because there's a market for it.

A market that needs to be carpet bombed.

"I can probably beat native chinese speakers" ... either keyfabe and really not chink oder misdirection

Didn't she say it was her primary language? Probably stupidly racedoxxed herself right off, as if it wouldn't be difficult to know she was chinese by the fact she speaks the language. Who learns chinese for funsies?

Not-Username

Didn't she say it was her primary language? Probably stupidly racedoxxed herself right off, as if it wouldn't be difficult to know she was chinese by the fact she speaks the language. Who learns chinese for funsies?
I understood it as "not primary"....need to rewatch that one.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
I understood it as "not primary"....need to rewatch that one.

I vaguely recall something like "it was the first language I learned coming out of the lake" but I'm highly sleep deprived and mostly shut off because this fucking voice is pain, but I can't mute it without muting Koe's stream entirely.

RiverBear

China IS still the #1 Vtuber market.
Acting like it isn't is just playing dumb

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
MP or SP? Just got up, can't watch right now.
She didn't specify. Giver her a watch, she might be up your alley.

There's very few things that can turn me off watching a VTuber, but this style of voice is one of them. It's also why I have a hard time with Remi.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
There's very few things that can turn me off watching a VTuber, but this style of voice is one of them. It's also why I have a hard time with Remi.

Yeah, it pains me with Shondo, who I feel I could like if she didn't sound like a baby.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Yeah, it pains me with Shondo, who I feel I could like if she didn't sound like a baby.
It's why I stick to her clips where she's not playing it up.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Not-Username

Onto the next one. Tigergirl

Like her voice. Kinda quirky.

shits more effortful than i thought

Winner of most irrational wiggly ears goes to byakko. (actually most stuff on her really wiggles ASIDE from booba!)
Can't place her accent though.
1682871077017.png

1682872726432.png

1682873699669.png

Erika "Not a Grandma" Byakko wins the hight contest with her genmates...which was not really hard. (at least no one put freedom units :smugpipi:
Also ESL but Norwegian. Thats new. her fucking blackbar shit is annoying for screenshots
1682871444050.png

The tiger is a cat lady
caramel fudge eating is apparently a daily occurence
No clue if she is as prickly as her favourite plant cacti
She CAN drive. At least she could 3 years ago when she last drove.
Personally i can relate to the laundry folding.
Only drinks h2o
1682871893551.png

Only chicken and rice. Can relate. Throw everything in a good rice cooker an its super easy. (with spices and stuff)
Erika "Not a Grandma" actively uses wall calendar for dates and crossing out days.
She doesn't curse.....wait for chat to poke her to infinity for cursing.

1682872594436.png

"I watched close to 300 anime"
"I read 500-600 manga/webtoons" The comic apparently got her into manga.
1682872756511.png

1682872827429.png

Celtic. Thats nice. (She somehow mostly has my taste in music...huh)
Enna enjoyer. "I watch so many and have so many vtubers. if i have to choose my number one favourite it is enna alouette"
A Vtuber slide would have about 40 vtubers.
1682872886869.png

She played the first Ratchet&Clank and Tekken3 which got her into gaming as she was very small.
Wants to play Tekken 8 (and koe got a boner in this moment, and lost it on "lilly player" and got it back on others :smugpipi: )
1682873025610.png

Nice. As passionate gamer she will hold a gaming talkshow.
1682874075168.png

Fan representation
1682874200801.png

1682874423417.png

As expected from a Norwegian.
1682874653848.png

1682874707398.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom